+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's Road to Damascus

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Obama's Road to Damascus

And then there was the Inquisition and witch trials in US and Europe.
    Christian terrorism (including but certainly not limited to the KKK)?
    Slavery?
    Forced conversion of Hindus in northern India?

This stuff

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Some of the stuff I mentioned was not centuries ago. And you better believe they used Christianity to justify what they did, just like some Islamic folks do the same. If you can write your fellow Christians off, then it is completely fair for peaceful Muslims to write off their Islamist zeolots.
    You are still missing the point. The Christians committing violent acts were not following the tenets of Christianity. The Muslims committing violent acts are following the teachings of Islam.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    You are still missing the point. The Christians committing violent acts were not following the tenets of Christianity. The Muslims committing violent acts are following the teachings of Islam.
    Only by your definition of Christianity. And Muslims can say the same. You kind find verses to justify slavery and death, too.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Only by your definition of Christianity. And Muslims can say the same. You kind find verses to justify slavery and death, too.
    You either don’t what you’re talking about or you’re lying, but I expect nothing less from you.

You either don’t what you’re talking about or you’re lying, but I expect nothing less from you.
    The god you worship said this:

Leviticus 25:44-46 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

44 As for the male and female slaves whom you may have, it is from the nations around you that you may acquire male and female slaves. 45 You may also acquire them from among the aliens residing with you, and from their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. 46 You may keep them as a possession for your children after you, for them to inherit as property. These you may treat as slaves, but as for your fellow Israelites, no one shall rule over the other with harshness.

The god you worship also said this:

Deuteronomy 13:6-18 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 “If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife [a]of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not [b]consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

You sound like a scaredy cat. What do you want to happen to Muslims?

I don’t blast Muslims on here because there is no pro-Muslim posters to argue with. To me, Islam and Christianity have the exact same problems.
    I don't fear Muslims. If I did, I'd be defending those barbarians the same way you do.

What I want to happen to Muslims is for them to demand reform of their religion. They can worship Muhammad if they choose, but they don't have the right to determine who is worthy of life itself. The Quran is the central religious text of Islam. It openly calls for the killing of all that will not convert to Islam and are considered to be infidels. As long as Muslims believe in this text, they will be the enemy of the civilized world.

I believe is that a world war between Muslims and the civilized world is already underway. Unless one is willing to convert to Islam and accept sharia law, he will have to fight them. As for me, I will never surrender to them. I will instead fight them with everything I have. I believe your attitude will change as the Muslim situation worsens here in the US. All you have to do to see a preview of what is to come here is to look at how the Muslims are ruining Europe right now. That tinderbox is ready to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I don't fear Muslims. If I did, I'd be defending those barbarians the same way you do.

What I want to happen to Muslims is for them to demand reform of their religion. They can worship Muhammad if they choose, but they don't have the right to determine who is worthy of life itself. The Quran is the central religious text of Islam. It openly calls for the killing of all that will not convert to Islam and are considered to be infidels. As long as Muslims believe in this text, they will be the enemy of the civilized world.

I believe is that a world war between Muslims and the civilized world is already underway. Unless one is willing to convert to Islam and accept sharia law, he will have to fight them. As for me, I will never surrender to them. I will instead fight them with everything I have. I believe your attitude will change as the Muslim situation worsens here in the US. All you have to do to see a preview of what is to come here is to look at how the Muslims are ruining Europe right now. That tinderbox is ready to explode.
    How many Muslims do you personally know that want to fight anyone that won’t convert to Sharia law?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And has been since that murderer, Muhammad, emerged from that cave, at age 40, claiming "Allah" came to him in a vision. That was 1,300 years ago...or so. I have posted some historical summaries of battles and wars between moooslims and the good guys. It was always a case of the moooslims invading Christian countries. Oh...the Crusades. Oh yes....well, what was all of that about? Well, Christians wanted our Holy City of Jerusalem back...note that... "wanted it back." Why did we need to take it back? Anyone...Bueller? Bueller? Hmmm...oh yeah! because the moooslims had invaded and militarily seized Jerusalem. That's okay, I guess, but oh, tch tch, you Christians were wrong for DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE MOOOSLIMS DID!

No...the truth is the mooslims have found a willing ally in the one-world globalist anarchists who think they can use the evil mooslims to destroy the western world, i.e. Christian countries, and then...what? these goofy globalists think they'll be able to control mooslims after that!? Hah!

They'll be tossing ole Goosey off the roof of a very tall building in Houston...that's what they do to...well, ya know.

The god you worship said this:

Leviticus 25:44-46 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

44 As for the male and female slaves whom you may have, it is from the nations around you that you may acquire male and female slaves. 45 You may also acquire them from among the aliens residing with you, and from their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. 46 You may keep them as a possession for your children after you, for them to inherit as property. These you may treat as slaves, but as for your fellow Israelites, no one shall rule over the other with harshness.

The god you worship also said this:

Deuteronomy 13:6-18 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 “If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife [a]of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, 7 of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, 8 you shall not [b]consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you.
    What can you find in the New Testament condoning violence or owning slaves?

Again, if you say there is no difference between Christianity and Islam, you are either stupid or dishonest.

What can you find in the New Testament condoning violence or owning slaves?

Again, if you say there is no difference between Christianity and Islam, you are either stupid or dishonest.
    Are you saying the god you worship didn’t say the things I posted?

Muslims can split hairs about the context of their verses, too.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Examples of Muslims "splitting hairs" about context?

Are you saying the god you worship didn’t say the things I posted?

Muslims don't split hairs, they split heads (yes I know not all, but far too many).

If you refuse the acknowledge the HUGE difference between Christianity and Islam, I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with you.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

How many Muslims do you personally know that want to fight anyone that won’t convert to Sharia law?
    I don't personally know any, but then again, I don't personally know any because I don't associate with barbarians. I know what the religion itself condones, and that is enough for me to want nothing to do with anyone associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Examples of Muslims "splitting hairs" about context?
    Meaning peaceful Muslims can explain the irrelevance or offer new interpretation what is meant by the Koran holy war verses, just as Christians can provide a new context to view the things that their god said as recorded in the Old Testament.

I don't personally know any, but then again, I don't personally know any because I don't associate with barbarians. I know what the religion itself condones, and that is enough for me to want nothing to do with anyone associated with it.
    Your ignorance makes perfect sense then.

+ Reply to Thread