+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Constitutional crisis' looms over Obama's birth location

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

'Constitutional crisis' looms over Obama's birth location

This just will not go away. Where there's smoke, is there fire in this case. Look who's stirring it up this time. Ex-Presidential candidate and black man Alan Keyes .

'Constitutional crisis' looms over Obama's birth location
    Alan Keyes suit warns America may see 'usurper' in Oval Office

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=80931

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: 'Constitutional crisis' looms over Obama's birth location

Where there is smoke, there is usually someone smoking something.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

This could have all ended with a document. I would love to know the reason for not submitting one.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I haven't been following this situation, but it is my understanding that if you are born to a US citizen it doesn't matter where you are born, you are a citizen by birth. I don't believe the Constitutional distinction is basically naturalized versus citizen by birth. Obama is a citizen by birth, period.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I haven't been following this situation, but it is my understanding that if you are born to a US citizen it doesn't matter where you are born, you are a citizen by birth. I don't believe the Constitutional distinction is basically naturalized versus citizen by birth. Obama is a citizen by birth, period.
    If it were that simple there would be no issue here.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

http://www.americasright.com/2008/08...a-federal.html

An article that explains one of the lawsuits and the reasons about the U.S. citizenship status of his mother.

"The laws on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.

Moreover, even if Sen. Obama could have somehow been deemed "natural born," that citizenship was lost in or around 1967 when he and his mother took up residency in Indonesia, where Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Berg also states that he possesses copies of Sen. Obama's registration to Fransiskus Assisi School In Jakarta, Indonesia which clearly show that he was registered under the name "Barry Soetoro" and his citizenship listed as Indonesian.

The Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg says, is a forgery. In the suit, the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery, has been identified as such by three independent document forensic experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's half-sister."

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Okay, I've read a little on this. There doesn't seem to be legitimate contention anymore that he was, in fact, born in Hawai'i. The claims seem to center on what effect, if any, his supposed "dual citizenship" status may have been when he lived in Indonesia. As neither Indonesia nor the US acknowledge dual citizenship, he would have had to renounce one or the other. As he never renounced allegiance to the US, nor did he ever swear an oath of allegiance to Indonesia when he came of legal age, his US citizenship status would have never changed.

Talk about grasping at straws. At least the Gore-lovers had something of a case when they argued that Gore was the "rightful" winner of the 2000 election. "Rightful," maybe, but not "legal."

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Okay, I've read a little on this. There doesn't seem to be legitimate contention anymore that he was, in fact, born in Hawai'i. The claims seem to center on what effect, if any, his supposed "dual citizenship" status may have been when he lived in Indonesia. As neither Indonesia nor the US acknowledge dual citizenship, he would have had to renounce one or the other. As he never renounced allegiance to the US, nor did he ever swear an oath of allegiance to Indonesia when he came of legal age, his US citizenship status would have never changed.

Talk about grasping at straws. At least the Gore-lovers had something of a case when they argued that Gore was the "rightful" winner of the 2000 election. "Rightful," maybe, but not "legal."
    Any port in a storm, honey! :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    If it were that simple there would be no issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    http://www.americasright.com/2008/08...a-federal.html

An article that explains one of the lawsuits and the reasons about the U.S. citizenship status of his mother.

"The laws on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.

Moreover, even if Sen. Obama could have somehow been deemed "natural born," that citizenship was lost in or around 1967 when he and his mother took up residency in Indonesia, where Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Berg also states that he possesses copies of Sen. Obama's registration to Fransiskus Assisi School In Jakarta, Indonesia which clearly show that he was registered under the name "Barry Soetoro" and his citizenship listed as Indonesian.

The Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg says, is a forgery. In the suit, the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery, has been identified as such by three independent document forensic experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's half-sister."
    The fact that there are attorneys willing to pursue this does not make the issue legitimate. In case you hvaen't noticed, it is not that difficult to file a meritless case in our judicial system, or even to win it (i.e., the "coffee lady" that won a judgment against McDonald's for serving her hot coffee).

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Where there is smoke, there is usually someone smoking something.
    I SUPPORT......
    Your pursuit of happiness RIGHT to smoke anything you care to smoke, whenever you wish to do so...... As long as your personal behavior does not result in any specific harm to others.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em! :icon_wink:

Cheers and good night.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

The fact that there are attorneys willing to pursue this does not make the issue legitimate. In case you hvaen't noticed, it is not that difficult to file a meritless case in our judicial system, or even to win it (i.e., the "coffee lady" that won a judgment against McDonald's for serving her hot coffee).
    Please read my post. If it was simple a judge drops the case and it is over. Why is anyone even looking at it? I don't think anything will ever come of it. Since you are the authority, please post your link to say that you are correct.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

You analysis is flawed...it ain't this cut and dried.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Again your analysis is incorrect. You have to "claim" your US citizenship, which he could have done whether born in Kenya or lost when he went to Indonesia; records do not indicate that he ever "claimed" his citizenship. This, like many issues about Obama, went unchallanged for almost 2 years.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Again your analysis is incorrect. You have to "claim" your US citizenship, which he could have done whether born in Kenya or lost when he went to Indonesia; records do not indicate that he ever "claimed" his citizenship. This, like many issues about Obama, went unchallanged for almost 2 years.

Thank you Hillary and the biased media that wanted Obama in the Oval office..

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    What? Never heard of that, unless you were seeking naturalization.

If he was born on US soil and was taken abroad on his US passport, unless he at some point renounces his US citizenship or officially adopts citizenship from another country, his US citizenship is maintained. In the absence of an official adoption of another country's citizenship or officially renouncing US citizenship, something as simple as applying for a US passport is sufficient to "claim" citizenship.

+ Reply to Thread