+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This Season's WIDE Open!!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Eek This Season's WIDE Open!!

First Baylor stomps Stanford & now tonight Tennessee gets beaten AT HOME by Virginia!! Gives me hope that WE might actually make a little noise this season!!

MG

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: This Season's WIDE Open!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    First Baylor stomps Stanford & now tonight Tennessee gets beaten AT HOME by Virginia!! Gives me hope that WE might actually make a little noise this season!!

MG
    I didn't want Tennessee to get beat before we got there. They will be fired up and very difficult to beat.

First, Memphis..........

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Tennessee has one senior and no juniors. They're still going to be one of the top teams in the country, but they are somewhat vulnerable early on this year. Virginia is a pretty darn good team and we'll have our hands full when we go up there in late December.

I don't know if we've got the firepower to beat Tennessee, but I like our chances to at least keep it close most of the way.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Yep, that's what I was thinking ( that we could at least keep things close w/UT ) when we play next week. Long term results of becoming more competitive would be that Pat puts us back on her OOC schedule.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Tennessee is going to be TOUGH, especially after a loss. Look for an all out pressure defense that will be stifling. We can compete, but only if we are mentally ready. We are taking small steps right now. I would like our chances better next year, but I will ALWAYS look for a win, even if it would be a huge upset. We can compete only if our outside shots are falling to loosen up the inside. Otherwise, we will have a really tough time.

Honestly, Tennessee is the least of my concerns right now. I just want us to be competitive and not run over like a freight train. This year is all about building. We are in our 3rd year of it and should be seeing significant improvement. I think we will see that. I want to do "well" in OOC, win what we should win, get a couple of upsets, and win the WAC and WAC tournament. That will please me to no end this year. Next year, I want more.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Tenn plays such a tough schedule to get them ready to win the national championship. I am sure Pat hates to lose, but I bet she isn't going to lose any sleep over it. I am very surprised at how far Tenn fell in the polls. Foolish polls. She will make them eat their votes after she has covered them with hot sauce. Hell, she will make sure she wins the NC out of spite.

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

For our sake I hope UT is worse than Memphis. Only noice we are making tonight is a sucking noise.

Thumbs Down Re: This Season's WIDE Open!!

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Tenn plays such a tough schedule to get them ready to win the national championship. I am sure Pat hates to lose, but I bet she isn't going to lose any sleep over it. I am very surprised at how far Tenn fell in the polls. Foolish polls. She will make them eat their votes after she has covered them with hot sauce. Hell, she will make sure she wins the NC out of spite.
    Yes, and talk about NO respect for Baylor because they didn't move UP the polls as far as I would have placed them ( given their dominance of Standford - albeit at home ).

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Based on the Memphis game, it looks like we going to see more of the same. When 'Spoon takes over we'll be back in a couple of years.

Puppy Wes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around here

UVA can be a top 5 team for the next couple of years if they play it right. Debbie Ryan has retooled and rebuilt that program masterfully. They beat Tennessee even without Lyndra Littles, one of their top players.

They also have the #2 ranked recruiting class in the country. Next year they get 3 legit, top ranked post players, two of whom, Erinn Thompson and Simone Egwu are top 40 in the country. Then they've got great guards coming in with Lexie Gerson and China Crosby, a tough NY point guard. Ironically, Crosby is somewhat of a protege of Spoon's.

Add that to Monica Wright who is the most underrated player in college basketball right now.

+ Reply to Thread