+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Memphis article

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Memphis article

They could have, at LEAST, spelled TSpoon's name right. Plus, CL has not been head coach for 5 years.

http://gotigersgo.cstv.com/sports/w-...111708aaa.html

LaTech has an entirely new assistant coaching staff helping fifth-year head coach Chris Long. Included in the newcomers is Teresa Witherspoon, who is an associate head coach for the program. Witherspoon, a former Louisiana Tech player who helped LaTech to an NCAA Championship in 1988, is familiar with one member of the Tiger coaching staff. She played on the 1997 New York Liberty squad, which advanced to the WNBA Finals. Current Memphis head coach Melissa McFerrin was one of Witherspoon's assistant coaches with the Liberty that season, the same year Witherspoon received her first of two WNBA Defensive Player of the Year Awards.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Re: Memphis article

Well at least they consistently spelled it wrong.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Well at least they consistently spelled it wrong.
    True! I imagine they will know how to spell it AFTER tonight.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    True! I imagine they will know how to spell it AFTER tonight.
    Let's hope they do!!! Go, Techsters!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, Phil. Got a game plan for THIS matchup?? I kinda look forward to those from ya. Mine's real simple to say but apparently difficult to execute - MAKE THE FREE THROWS!!!!!

MG

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Let's hope they do!!! Go, Techsters!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, Phil. Got a game plan for THIS matchup?? I kinda look forward to those from ya. Mine's real simple to say but apparently difficult to execute - MAKE THE FREE THROWS!!!!!

MG
    Yeah, where is Phil???

Anyway, I agree about the Free Throws. Hope they have better concentration in this game. Also, I imagine that the crowd will not be a factor, so that helps, as well. We need to come in and get our lead early in the game and demolish them.

We played good (not great) in the game against Central Arkansas. I think it was a good first game for us, but we need to improve our start to the game. We were really cold for the first part of the first half.

I hope to see Dowdell and Johnson dominating on the inside and drawing fouls to get their big girls in foul trouble early. Sidney, Pringle, and Whitney hitting some tres will do that for us. Also, Bendolf slashing inside will sure help. I am pumped and ready!!!!

Oh, and I LOVE to see Dowdell step out and hit that three!!!!!!! If she does that early, it really throws the opponents off. Not many big girls can do that. It is really difficult to defend. Maybe she will get hot from the outside in this game and we can REALLY throw them for a loop. She had one in the last game. If she were to hit two tres in the first half, Memphis will have to guard her from everywhere - not just the inside.

I still think she is the star of our team, even though Johnson is showing that she can be a star, as well. AND THEY ARE ALL BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Didn't Sophia Witherspoon and Weatherspoon play on the same NY Liberty team the first year of the WNBA?

Yes she did .. they are both Liberty long time players ... I enjoyed watching them play because VJ is my favorite Techster of all time. It was bonus that Spoon was on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Didn't Sophia Witherspoon and Weatherspoon play on the same NY Liberty team the first year of the WNBA?

Yes she did .. they are both Liberty long time players ... I enjoyed watching them play because VJ is my favorite Techster of all time. It was bonus that Spoon was on that team.
    Witherpoon was awesome from the three point line. Of course, we all know that WEATHERSPOON had the most famous three pointer in WNBA history. :icon_wink:

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Hey Champ, I am still waiting on Whhittney to break out my friend! I wuld be perfectly happy with happy with Ms. Jones, Ms. Johnson, and Ms. dowdell carring the load till Ms. Wysinger gets back on the cort!
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Oh, and I LOVE to see Dowdell step out and hit that three!!!!!!! If she does that early, it really throws the opponents off. Not many big girls can do that. It is really difficult to defend. Maybe she will get hot from the outside in this game and we can REALLY throw them for a loop. She had one in the last game. If she were to hit two tres in the first half, Memphis will have to guard her from everywhere - not just the inside.

I still think she is the star of our team, even though Johnson is showing that she can be a star, as well. AND THEY ARE ALL BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Hey Champ, I am still waiting on Whhittney to break out my friend! I wuld be perfectly happy with happy with Ms. Jones, Ms. Johnson, and Ms. dowdell carring the load till Ms. Wysinger gets back on the cort!
    So true! We saw what she could do against Tennessee last year. Seems like she scored 23 or something like that in that game. She was the only one hitting.

+ Reply to Thread