+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Long

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Chris Long

Gotta go w/Champ on this one as well. The Lady Vols will make the Dance & probably get at least in the Sweet 16 but I don't see them winning it all. Still, if there's a coach who can pull it off it's Pat - even if she is an "embarrassment"!! :icon_wink: Geez!! There truly ARE idiots in this world!!!!

VolDawg - Welcome to our soap opera; uh, I mean "board"! Hope ya stay around & give us an outsider's view of our Techsters when ya have a chance.
    On that same token, what's happened to our Middle Tenn. friend ( "Blue Raider", wasn't it? ).

Gene

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Tennessee will do fine this year. They are young and will gell. Truly great talent! They will hit a few bumps and will not be consistent, but there will be nights when they tear it up. By the end of the season, as usual, they will be in the hunt.
    Like against the Lady Techsters.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

I'm with you Abom Gr. Any one that has to follow some one llike Coach Barmore would have one hell of a time. Even Pat Summit, even if she were to leave TN. A person like Leon Barmore is once in a zillion. He ranks with all of the GREAT COACHES in any athletics. The Lady Techster were on the down slide when Leon first retired because Tech could not compete financially with the Big Universities with million dollar budgets. Only the last few years was he half way compensated for what he was doing. When Mulkey went to Baylor, her salary dwarted Leons.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

I'm just curious but did we EVER answer the question of the OP? Was CL's contract 3 years + the extension or 4 +1?? I personally thought it was 3+1 but I've been wrong before!!

As far as CL being an "embarrassment" to Tech, I don't feel that way. We've suffered no academic or recruiting scandals in the Techster program ( that we know about ) & he conducts himself well at press conferences ( other than a tendency to "Bick-speak" ). So other than putting out a subpar product on the court ( at least as compared to his predecessors - INCLUDING KB!! ) he's done nothing to bring shame to Tech.
    BTW - I recall several years ago hearing that the budget of the Lady Vols alone was greater than the entire Tech athletic budget ( men's & women's combined ). Never verified that but who knows!?
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 12-01-2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add question

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    I'm just curious but did we EVER ask the question of the OP? Was CL's contract 3 years + the extension or 4 +?? I personally thought it was 3+1 but I've been wrong before!!

As far as CL being an "embarrassment" to Tech, I don't feel that way. We've suffered no academic or recruiting scandals in the Techster program ( that we know about ) & he conducts himself well at press conferences ( other than a tendency to "Bick-speak" ). So other than putting out a subpar product on the court ( at least as compared to his predecessors - INCLUDING KB!! ) he's done nothing to bring shame to Tech.
    BTW - I recall several years ago hearing that the budget of the Lady Vols alone was greater than the entire Tech athletic budget ( men's & women's combined ). Never verified that but who knows!?
    I agree. As strong as my opinions are that Long is not the best person for the job, I do not think he has embarrassed the Tech name/program. Has his lack of leadership brought us more problems when it comes to recruiting top names? Perhaps. But bringing shame or embarrassment to the program, no.

+ Reply to Thread