+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: keeping it classy....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: keeping it classy....

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    OMG, not another NLU/ULM thread? This subject is older than the Bible. Let it go.

HD
    You ever notice how it always seems to be the ones that have the mentality of "how attending a Tech game can be of convenience to them" that continually bring up playing ULM? I'd bet if you went back and looked at the posters who were so adamant that driving to Shreveport for a marquee matchup was too troublesome for them and they wouldn't do it, you'd find they are the ones who want to renew the ULM series with the exception of Cass who is just the casual Tech fan and doesn't realize that there really isn't a rivalry with ULM anymore because he keeps reading the few posts by these others who want to keep playing them.

Varsity Bulldog Vettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the rough Vettewrecker's Avatar

Back to the main topic....

I was reading the pathetic comments below the article. Wow, the ignorance.

For every negative comment, it takes 5 positive comments to cancel that negative.
    So for every 1 LSU jackass, it takes 5 non-jackasses to make up for the one idiot.

I don't think LSU has enough non-jackasses out there on game day to make up for all the jackasses.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You ever notice how it always seems to be the ones that have the mentality of "how attending a Tech game can be of convenience to them" that continually bring up playing ULM? I'd bet if you went back and looked at the posters who were so adamant that driving to Shreveport for a marquee matchup was too troublesome for them and they wouldn't do it, you'd find they are the ones who want to renew the ULM series with the exception of Cass who is just the casual Tech fan and doesn't realize that there really isn't a rivalry with ULM anymore because he keeps reading the few posts by these others who want to keep playing them.

Now I see why no one attends the games Yall patronize anyone who disagrees with you on anything. IM a CASUAL fan?? Ive been to EVERY home game the last 2 years and have attended MULtiple basketball and baseball games EVERY year. Yeah I like LSU also and thats my choice. But just because I want to see the ULM game does not make you a better fan or person than me. Y all constantly rag on LSU But their stadium is FULL and EVERYONE is welcome in their fanbase Even when they are losing they have huge attendence. Im a fan of Football and Louisiana NO i did not attend Tech but I support them in a HUGE way and have spent more time and MONEY at Tech gamesthan most people on here and get called a Casual fan WOW

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
    Now I see why no one attends the games Yall patronize anyone who disagrees with you on anything. IM a CASUAL fan?? Ive been to EVERY home game the last 2 years and have attended MULtiple basketball and baseball games EVERY year. Yeah I like LSU also and thats my choice. But just because I want to see the ULM game does not make you a better fan or person than me. Y all constantly rag on LSU But their stadium is FULL and EVERYONE is welcome in their fanbase Even when they are losing they have huge attendence. Im a fan of Football and Louisiana NO i did not attend Tech but I support them in a HUGE way and have spent more time and MONEY at Tech gamesthan most people on here and get called a Casual fan WOW
    You totally took that the wrong way. I apologize for offending you, but I guess maybe I should have chosen a better description for you. However, that's the closest that I can come up with.

Have you ever given to any of Tech's athletic fundraising arms-Tech 2000, Champs, LTAC, ATAC fund, etc...? If Tech were to have to drop down to 1aa and join the Southland again or even worse, if we had to do away with football how devastated would you be? I guarantee you that your depth of despair would be no where equal to mine or anyone else's on here who graduated from Tech. Does that make me a better person or anyone else on here a better person than you? Of course not. It just makes us bigger Tech fans. And there's nothing wrong with that. I have no problem with you pulling for other state schools. I, also, pull for other state schools as well. But unless you fit into the criteria, plus some other I haven't thought of off hand or that someone else will add, then you are a casual fan.

Is that bad? No. It's not. LSU has many casual fans who attend their games when they can get tickets. All schools have those. The fact is you are not a Tech die hard, and there is nothing wrong with that. To be honest, I'm glad you've been posting on here and glad you attend some Tech games. But don't come on here and get your feelings hurt when someone calls you a casual fan because what it boils down to is that you don't have as much invested in Tech's success as most on here have. Heck, I don't either. But, until Tech is number 1 in your heart, and Tech's success is more important to you than any other university in the world, then you are a casual Tech fan. The fact is, if Tech's best interest isn't first and foremost in your sports life, and if you haven't done more than just attend a few games to prove that and if you juggle your affections and game attendance for Tech with the other state schools, then you are a casual fan. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. We need people like you. I'm glad you're here and hope you stay even if it is in a casual manner. Don't be so sensitive.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

I dont consider myself a casual fan I love Tech and yes My wife and I have donated (mainly on her behalf) becasue I did not attend La Tech But trust me majority of the money came from me, Though we are not Davison, I have donated and I probably attend more games than you (granted Im in Ruston) and if Tech went down to AA I would be CRUSHED I go for 2 college teams LSU and Tech. Kinda weird when they play thats why I dont like it becasue I get excited when either team scores. But anyway I go to EVERY home football game (not just a few as you stated) I went to I think 5 basketball and just 1 baseball last year. Not too casual. I attended ONE LSU Football game this year and 1 basketball game last year.

But its nothing to argue about I dont care. I just think you have judged me wrong you might be surprised how much money I have given to Tech. But its not a big deal It does not matter how much people thing of my FANHOOD. But anyway I just wanted to say that was a bad characterization of me. But its cool.

I dont consider myself a casual fan I love Tech and yes My wife and I have donated (mainly on her behalf) becasue I did not attend La Tech But trust me majority of the money came from me, Though we are not Davison, I have donated and I probably attend more games than you (granted Im in Ruston) and if Tech went down to AA I would be CRUSHED I go for 2 college teams LSU and Tech. Kinda weird when they play thats why I dont like it becasue I get excited when either team scores. But anyway I go to EVERY home football game (not just a few as you stated) I went to I think 5 basketball and just 1 baseball last year. Not too casual. I attended ONE LSU Football game this year and 1 basketball game last year.

But its nothing to argue about I dont care. I just think you have judged me wrong you might be surprised how much money I have given to Tech. But its not a big deal It does not matter how much people thing of my FANHOOD. But anyway I just wanted to say that was a bad characterization of me. But its cool.
    Then, as I said, casual was not the appropriate term, and I do apologize and appreciate your giving to Tech. I can guarantee you that you've attended more games than I have this year, and probably last year, too. There are those who know why. However, let me ask you this, and I think you've already answered this elsewhere, but I want to be sure. When Tech plays LSU next year, what colors will you be wearing and who will you be hoping wins the game?

Honestly I dont know Never liked Miles much Born and LSU fan growing more and more Tech fan last couple of season (Really like Dooley) So even though I would have always thought I would say LSU Im kinda leaning towards Tech. But its nothing about LSU losing now its just in attending all these Tech games Im liking these type of games more and more. So Im kinda leaning towards Tech. I can tell you this. The LSU game was on and the Tech game Sat. and I watched the Tech game (NOT LSU) LSU was on CBS and Tech was on Cox. So like my father told me (in a mad tone) "It looks like you are becomming more of a Tech fan than a Tiger fan" I said "Looks like it" He is gonna join me at the ULM/Tech Basketball game though.

Honestly I dont know Never liked Miles much Born and LSU fan growing more and more Tech fan last couple of season (Really like Dooley) So even though I would have always thought I would say LSU Im kinda leaning towards Tech. But its nothing about LSU losing now its just in attending all these Tech games Im liking these type of games more and more. So Im kinda leaning towards Tech. I can tell you this. The LSU game was on and the Tech game Sat. and I watched the Tech game (NOT LSU) LSU was on CBS and Tech was on Cox. So like my father told me (in a mad tone) "It looks like you are becomming more of a Tech fan than a Tiger fan" I said "Looks like it" He is gonna join me at the ULM/Tech Basketball game though.
    Welcome to the family. Shoulda warned you that this board would do that to you.

yeah I see

+ Reply to Thread