+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: keeping it classy....

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

keeping it classy....

.....only makes me prouder to be associated with Tech instead of the "flagship".

That said, the last two times we have played down there, we have had a good time - sans the actual game. I have never had trouble with lsu fans - and some have been very nice. That said, everyone knew we would get beaten badly on the scoreboard. I would hate to see what it would be like if we rolled into baton rouge as a top 25 team......

http://revolution-21.blogspot.com/20...ite-trash.html

Saturday evenings in Ruston are just about the best place in the world to take your family to watch a football game........but how lsu is viewed by the rest of the nation is likely to be the same manner that we are viewed.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: keeping it classy....

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    .....only makes me prouder to be associated with Tech instead of the "flagship".

That said, the last two times we have played down there, we have had a good time - sans the actual game. I have never had trouble with lsu fans - and some have been very nice. That said, everyone knew we would get beaten badly on the scoreboard. I would hate to see what it would be like if we rolled into baton rouge as a top 25 team......

http://revolution-21.blogspot.com/20...ite-trash.html

Saturday evenings in Ruston are just about the best place in the world to take your family to watch a football game........but how lsu is viewed by the rest of the nation is likely to be the same manner that we are viewed.

My first game at Tiger Stadium was also my last. There were some nice fans, but for the most part they were pretty bad. I was a grad student at the time and you won't ever catch me rooting for them.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

That tigerbait shit is obnoxious.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

The last time Tech played LSU we made shirts that called Perriloux jail bait and I can't tell you how many times I had people yell at me, call me tiger bait, or just jump out in front of me and dance like the drunk idiots they are. It is a horrible scene down there if you aren't wearing purple and gold. I can't stand that place and I hope that they go into a downward spiral for the next 50 years and fall into oblivion.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I've had enough bad experiences to never want to go back

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

What I can't believe is that our new AD/HC sold us down the river (literally) to play there next year in lieu of a 6th home game!!!
    as the old saying goes, been there done that, and wore the tee shirt (blue of course).....ain't going back!
    DFiH

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    What I can't believe is that our new AD/HC sold us down the river (literally) to play there next year in lieu of a 6th home game!!!
    as the old saying goes, been there done that, and wore the tee shirt (blue of course).....ain't going back!
    DFiH
    SECOND!!!! Ain't never going back to that God-forsaken place!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I went with my Parents and sister (LSU Grad student) and I was the only one in blue. I got a little bit of tigerbait but not too much. Ive seen them get ridiculous at some fans, but my experience as an opposing fan was not bad.

i'll be going next year wearing my Tech Jersey

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

I won't be there next year. As much as I would love to go to every game that Tech plays in and cheer for them I just can't convince myself to drive al the way to Baton Rouge to get harrassed the entire time I'm there. I can't stand Baton Rouge on a regular day and it's even worse on a Saturday of a home game. If I lived there, I would never leave my house on a Saturday, unless I was going to the east side of Baton Rouge.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I chose to believe that our AD/HC knows and BELIEVES what a win there would mean to our program.

It is easy to look at it as he sold us out. Perhaps he BELIEVES and we should follow his lead. I believe that on any given day, anything can happen! If we go in there top 25, we MUST BELIEVE!

Believe in yourselves and GO DAWGS! I will be there sans the little ones.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I liked it when they yelled tiger bait at me as I walked down a sidewalk to the game. I yelled back "dog meat!". They responded, "we're just kidding" to which I responded, "I'm not" and kept walking.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

We got it easy when we were there too. The opposing SEC fans have it much worse. They were on their best behavior when we came and we all saw how that was. If we came into the game with anyone thinking we had a shot at winning it would be a whole new level.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I'm not going back either and I grew up here and live here ... If you aren't rooting for LSU, it sucks.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

They have no idea what good sportsmanship is. No idea. And no, corndog LSU fans, it is not like that everywhere.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by #1techfan View Post
    I won't be there next year. As much as I would love to go to every game that Tech plays in and cheer for them I just can't convince myself to drive al the way to Baton Rouge to get harrassed the entire time I'm there. I can't stand Baton Rouge on a regular day and it's even worse on a Saturday of a home game. If I lived there, I would never leave my house on a Saturday, unless I was going to the east side of Baton Rouge.
    I understand your frustration, but fans are like that everywhere, it seems.

The thing about LSU is that every LSU fan knows someone that goes to Tech. Most people have brothers, sisters, good friends at both schools. I found that they treated us respectfully, and most gave us free beer before the game because they felt bad. Meanwhile, a few Hawaii fans tossed beer on us as we walked around this year. Now flash forward 5 years when we are a consistent bowl team, and things get ugly... Not gonna lie, I would love to see a Tech - LSU rivalry sometime in the distant, and I emphasize *distant* future.

+ Reply to Thread