+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: keeping it classy....

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: keeping it classy....

George,
    I agree with you and everything you said. I just wish our AD had not scheduled them for next season, especially without a 6th home game already in our pockets. I said the same thing about Auburn and Navy, which, by the way, would be terrific games to schedule in a year when we had enough home games. LSU, not so much......

I like to think of LSU and LSU fans like I do NLU, we are just a tad more elite!!!! in all due respect:icon_wink:

DFiH
    Last edited by DawgFaninHous; 11-19-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Good post. I tried using that reasoning in the past and gave up, so now I just post along with everyone else.
    that'll be my next tactic, giving up!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    George,
    I agree with you and everything you said. I just wish our AD had not scheduled them for next season. DFiH
    Its all bout the money. We need the money.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Its all bout the money. We need the money.
    There are 67 schools that are AQ. Only one of them wanted to buy another home game?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Good post george and you are correct that ignoring them gets under their skin more than anything else.

I can still see the expression on my bosses' faces when they stood in my office door talking about a big lsu victory. When one of them asked me if I watched the game I proudly said "no". I thought they were going to :bigcry:. I love it!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Different culuture folks. The problem is that too many of our Tech fans are too timid and clam up when an LSU fan yells their typical little chants. They're used to the Tech tailgates where if there are 1k people tailgaiting 2 hours before kickoff it's considered a party. Some of these people have been out there for a day or two and been cooped up in tents and RVs. Is it any wonder they have alot of energy to let out. Now, that doesn't excuse some of the behavior that we're all familiar with, but that's a very small majority, and if you'll notice, it is from, mostly, the colleged aged kids whether they're in college there or not. Heck, they're probably visiting from one of the other state colleges and trying to "prove" their merit.

I never have any problem with the tailgaters because I know how to and when to give it back. Plus, my final destination for tailgating is with one of the judges from Ascension Parish. Stay away from the young tailgaters, and generally, everything will be fine. When you have nearly 200k fans in that tight of an area, there's the chance for a really good time and most of the fans are gracious. Sure they're loud and boisterous. Boy what I would give for that at Tech. If you stroll through the RV cities, I'd be willing to bet you that you'd have far less confrontations than food and party invitataions. Find the ones that have some sort of entertainment as well-dj, or live bands. I guess it's easy for me as I grew up here as well and was actually friends with quite a few players from the '70s that my mom helped pass class. I'll be back next year if the Lord is willing. Too much good, free food and live entertainment to pass up.
    I agree, Dirty.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Different culuture folks. The problem is that too many of our Tech fans are too timid and clam up when an LSU fan yells their typical little chants. They're used to the Tech tailgates where if there are 1k people tailgaiting 2 hours before kickoff it's considered a party. Some of these people have been out there for a day or two and been cooped up in tents and RVs. Is it any wonder they have alot of energy to let out. Now, that doesn't excuse some of the behavior that we're all familiar with, but that's a very small majority, and if you'll notice, it is from, mostly, the colleged aged kids whether they're in college there or not. Heck, they're probably visiting from one of the other state colleges and trying to "prove" their merit.

I never have any problem with the tailgaters because I know how to and when to give it back. Plus, my final destination for tailgating is with one of the judges from Ascension Parish. Stay away from the young tailgaters, and generally, everything will be fine. When you have nearly 200k fans in that tight of an area, there's the chance for a really good time and most of the fans are gracious. Sure they're loud and boisterous. Boy what I would give for that at Tech. If you stroll through the RV cities, I'd be willing to bet you that you'd have far less confrontations than food and party invitataions. Find the ones that have some sort of entertainment as well-dj, or live bands. I guess it's easy for me as I grew up here as well and was actually friends with quite a few players from the '70s that my mom helped pass class. I'll be back next year if the Lord is willing. Too much good, free food and live entertainment to pass up.
    Your not giving Tech fans enough credit. The chants don't bother most people (I think tiger bait is one of the dumbest chants out there). Its more the vulgarity. I grew up around it too but some of the things I hear are pretty bad. Also to say it is a small minority is to be pretty blind in my opinion. It's not just "timid Tech fans" who see it either. The other really sad thing is it isn't limited to the college age kids. There are definately some friendly LSU fans out there. I would even go so far as to say most of them would probably be OK in a small group. Its when they get into large groups that they get really bad. Nicholson extension is probably where it's the worst at.

You can defend it if you want to but the girls who wrote the article got a taste of it and I think their view is a little different from yours.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The girls proved another thing we have always suspected. Even though they're on the lsu paper staff, nobody recognized them. If I had classes with a girl as pretty as these 2, I would definitely remember them. So, they're either all gay or they're not students at lsu-br. Or they're too drunk to recognize them. I think we'll give them one hell of a game next year, but I still had rather have a home game.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Your not giving Tech fans enough credit. The chants don't bother most people (I think tiger bait is one of the dumbest chants out there). Its more the vulgarity. I grew up around it too but some of the things I hear are pretty bad. Also to say it is a small minority is to be pretty blind in my opinion. It's not just "timid Tech fans" who see it either. The other really sad thing is it isn't limited to the college age kids. There are definately some friendly LSU fans out there. I would even go so far as to say most of them would probably be OK in a small group. Its when they get into large groups that they get really bad. Nicholson extension is probably where it's the worst at.

You can defend it if you want to but the girls who wrote the article got a taste of it and I think their view is a little different from yours.
    It's funny you say the chants don't boyher most people, but that's most of the complaints. Eitherway, I understand what you're saying. And the fact is, that I've been around Tech fans for quite awhile now, so I think I'm describing them perfectly. They're timid. It shows in the way they support their team at home as we as away. It may be your opinion that "to say it's a small minority is pretty blind." I think you're wrong. There is no way that anyone on here has experienced the majority of LSU fans tailgaiting for an LSU game with just the two visits we've made in the last couple of years. It's impossible. For the record, while I think it's minority, I don't think it's too small. It's obviously large enough to warrant the attention it's gotten, but when you have 150-200k fans tailgating and maybe 5k of them are harrassing to the point that these girls showed on their video, then I would consider that a glaring minority. Wouldn't you? Also, look at the video. Who were the major culprits? College aged kids. You don't think, being LSU students, that these girls might have been a little biased on where they went and who they put on the camera? The purpose of their video was to show the obnoxiousness of some LSU fans and how they get their reputation. They're not going to go to the respectable areas and do their filming. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if these girls aren't even athletic fans and were doing this assignment to further some type of agenda they have. Now don't get me wrong, I know that there are some older fans, too, that display this behavior, but as I said, the overwhelming majority or the younger fans.

I find it funny that when someone posts information that is contradictory to what a biased mind wants to believe, it is considered as condoning said behavior. I will never condone the behavior displayed by a minority of the LSU tailgaters. In fact, you can look at posts from years past to see where no one has been harder on LSU posters and LSU incidents than I have. However, when things need to be put in a factual light I will put in my 2 cents especially when I feel I have more experience in the matter than others posting contrarily. I think the last thing anyone on here can accuse me of is being an LSU apologist, and I think there are many on here who can back me up in that claim.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    The girls proved another thing we have always suspected. Even though they're on the lsu paper staff, nobody recognized them. If I had classes with a girl as pretty as these 2, I would definitely remember them. So, they're either all gay or they're not students at lsu-br. Or they're too drunk to recognize them. I think we'll give them one hell of a game next year, but I still had rather have a home game.
    Maybe those they filmed didn't have classes with them. LSU has alot of students and alot of classes. Besides, most of those filmed were probably not even LSU students but rather wannabes.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The Tiger Bait crap is classless and rude. And, yes, it bothers me, when grown men follow behind you chanting anything as you're walking along minding your own business.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

ok

i can hold it in no longer.

what the heck with that tiger bait stuff?

i mean; do they not realize what BAIT is?

u use bait to catch something

so they themselves are saying their opponent is used to catch them

now, you really wanna send a message; call the opponent tiger crap

or what it actually is; u now smell like corndogs; thanks for visiting, drive home safely

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    ok

i can hold it in no longer.

what the heck with that tiger bait stuff?

i mean; do they not realize what BAIT is?

u use bait to catch something

so they themselves are saying their opponent is used to catch them

now, you really wanna send a message; call the opponent tiger crap

or what it actually is; u now smell like corndogs; thanks for visiting, drive home safely
    I have always thought the same thing. It is pretty stupid.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny you say the chants don't boyher most people, but that's most of the complaints. Eitherway, I understand what you're saying. And the fact is, that I've been around Tech fans for quite awhile now, so I think I'm describing them perfectly. They're timid. It shows in the way they support their team at home as we as away. It may be your opinion that "to say it's a small minority is pretty blind." I think you're wrong. There is no way that anyone on here has experienced the majority of LSU fans tailgaiting for an LSU game with just the two visits we've made in the last couple of years. It's impossible. For the record, while I think it's minority, I don't think it's too small. It's obviously large enough to warrant the attention it's gotten, but when you have 150-200k fans tailgating and maybe 5k of them are harrassing to the point that these girls showed on their video, then I would consider that a glaring minority. Wouldn't you? Also, look at the video. Who were the major culprits? College aged kids. You don't think, being LSU students, that these girls might have been a little biased on where they went and who they put on the camera? The purpose of their video was to show the obnoxiousness of some LSU fans and how they get their reputation. They're not going to go to the respectable areas and do their filming. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if these girls aren't even athletic fans and were doing this assignment to further some type of agenda they have. Now don't get me wrong, I know that there are some older fans, too, that display this behavior, but as I said, the overwhelming majority or the younger fans.

I find it funny that when someone posts information that is contradictory to what a biased mind wants to believe, it is considered as condoning said behavior. I will never condone the behavior displayed by a minority of the LSU tailgaters. In fact, you can look at posts from years past to see where no one has been harder on LSU posters and LSU incidents than I have. However, when things need to be put in a factual light I will put in my 2 cents especially when I feel I have more experience in the matter than others posting contrarily. I think the last thing anyone on here can accuse me of is being an LSU apologist, and I think there are many on here who can back me up in that claim.
    I guess I'm not being very clear. I don't like the chants, but I do expect them when I go to a big university. They don't really get to me as much as they annoy me. I think most fans would agree. Particularly the ones who travel to follow the team. I went to the first game as a Tech and LSU fan (I'll probably get some red for that)when I left I was just a Tech fan. It really opened my eyes. I would concede that the bulk of the bad fans are the ones between 16-30. They are probably worse to people of the same age group too. I've been to the stadium for two other games, both times with a friend from Arkansas when they played there and the results were the same if not worse. I would say that fans who want to avoid it should stick pretty close to the stadium.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Yes, Gator bait is just as silly.
    BTW, who was first Florida or ElEssEwe? I bet the chiggers copied from the gators.

And, also, the ultimate salute is when the opponent sees the team bus go by and they tell you you're No. 1 or No. 11 . . . depending on how many hands they hold up.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread