+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 60 recruiting classes for next season

Puppy Wes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around here

Re: Top 60 recruiting classes for next season

UVa will likely dominate the ACC within the next 4 years with their incoming recruiting class. That's how good they can be. Only Baylor and UConn have anything comparable to their class.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    UVa will likely dominate the ACC within the next 4 years with their incoming recruiting class. That's how good they can be. Only Baylor and UConn have anything comparable to their class.
    Baylor by far has the top class when you consider #1 Brittany Griner, Shanay Washington, and Mariah Candler.

UVA has top-talent in China Crosby alone but she will be joined with 4 solid players.

UCONN only has two recruits for class of 2009 as to date: Kelly Faris and Jess McCormack (transfer from Univ. of Wash). I don't see this being all that great because they have Moore, Charles, Greene, Dixon, Doty, Hayes, and McLaren returning for 09-10.

UNC and CAL have top 5 classes that we all need to look out for.

Kelsey Bone (Dulles, TX) will make any program a top 5 class depending on where she goes. She's looking at Texas A&M, Texas, Illinois, and South Carolina. Insiders believe A&M has the insight track for her services.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    Baylor by far has the top class when you consider #1 Brittany Griner, Shanay Washington, and Mariah Candler.

UVA has top-talent in China Crosby alone but she will be joined with 4 solid players.

UCONN only has two recruits for class of 2009 as to date: Kelly Faris and Jess McCormack (transfer from Univ. of Wash). I don't see this being all that great because they have Moore, Charles, Greene, Dixon, Doty, Hayes, and McLaren returning for 09-10.

UNC and CAL have top 5 classes that we all need to look out for.

Kelsey Bone (Dulles, TX) will make any program a top 5 class depending on where she goes. She's looking at Texas A&M, Texas, Illinois, and South Carolina. Insiders believe A&M has the insight track for her services.
    ---
    "Dulles" is that anywhere near Pineville, or where ever the Spoon was from?
    Smiling...
    Thanks ESPN Guy, you have been giving us all some great stuff here on the board...
    please keep up the good work!
    Any chance of getting coach Duley to makeing our beloved Spoon the head Coach sooner than later?
    One can only hope, we are all kind of tired of waiting here!

Anyway hopefully Spoon and this great group of gals and the new group coming in will make a big splash on womens basketball in the WAC and maybe in the country soon!

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I think the difference is simple with this class. Somebody finally woke up and recruited some decent post players. but i still think LONG should head out.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    "Dulles" is that anywhere near Pineville, or where ever the Spoon was from?
    Smiling...
    Thanks ESPN Guy, you have been giving us all some great stuff here on the board...
    please keep up the good work!
    Any chance of getting coach Duley to makeing our beloved Spoon the head Coach sooner than later?
    One can only hope, we are all kind of tired of waiting here!

Anyway hopefully Spoon and this great group of gals and the new group coming in will make a big splash on womens basketball in the WAC and maybe in the country soon!
    Thanks so much Blind Dog. I try to keep my discussions focused on the Lady Techsters and the sport of WBB. I was actually wrong about Dulles. That's the name of the high school that Kelsey Bone attends and it's located in SugarLand, TX...which according to mapquest.com is a little over 3 hrs from Pineland, TX - T-Spoon's hometown.

As far as Mr. Derek Dooley exercising his role as the Director of Athletics to retain or dismiss Coach Long, it's hard to say. Based on CL's resume from year-to year, I would assume 2008-2009 to be his last at the helm of the Lady Techster basketball program.
    Fans, alumni, friends, past players, etc. want conference championships, NCAA tournament appearance and then some...Can't say CL has done that recently, except his first year.

Also, Lady Techster fans have already mentioned in the forums that Teresa is a quality and worthy candidate to be the next head coach because she does have experience from her playing days and who she was coached by, to playing overseas, WNBA, Olympics, etc. It's not a lot of COACHING experience but it's basketball experience and that really matters with the type of recruits and players of today.

T-Spoon has gotten into homes that the LT program hasn't gotten into since probably the 90's or earlier this decade. I would be shocked if she wasn't the next head coach but we will wait and see. A Lady Techster fan mentioned to me that he truly believes that Leon could be pacing the sidelines again in Ruston. WOW! That would be quite the story too but we will see.

In the end, it's hard to say what Dooley of the LT athletic administration folks will decide on Long's tenure at LA Tech.

I know Bama and UGA have had changes recently with their coaches on the men's side. Bama (coach resigned) and UGA (coach fired TODAY)....so Long is running out of time if he wants to improve his chances of staying in LA Tech.

It is year four for crying out loud haha...but I will be patient and humble and let the big wigs in LT athletics do their job. =)

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    Thanks so much Blind Dog. I try to keep my discussions focused on the Lady Techsters and the sport of WBB. I was actually wrong about Dulles. That's the name of the high school that Kelsey Bone attends and it's located in SugarLand, TX...which according to mapquest.com is a little over 3 hrs from Pineland, TX - T-Spoon's hometown.

As far as Mr. Derek Dooley exercising his role as the Director of Athletics to retain or dismiss Coach Long, it's hard to say. Based on CL's resume from year-to year, I would assume 2008-2009 to be his last at the helm of the Lady Techster basketball program.
    Fans, alumni, friends, past players, etc. want conference championships, NCAA tournament appearance and then some...Can't say CL has done that recently, except his first year.

Also, Lady Techster fans have already mentioned in the forums that Teresa is a quality and worthy candidate to be the next head coach because she does have experience from her playing days and who she was coached by, to playing overseas, WNBA, Olympics, etc. It's not a lot of COACHING experience but it's basketball experience and that really matters with the type of recruits and players of today.

T-Spoon has gotten into homes that the LT program hasn't gotten into since probably the 90's or earlier this decade. I would be shocked if she wasn't the next head coach but we will wait and see. A Lady Techster fan mentioned to me that he truly believes that Leon could be pacing the sidelines again in Ruston. WOW! That would be quite the story too but we will see.

In the end, it's hard to say what Dooley of the LT athletic administration folks will decide on Long's tenure at LA Tech.

I know Bama and UGA have had changes recently with their coaches on the men's side. Bama (coach resigned) and UGA (coach fired TODAY)....so Long is running out of time if he wants to improve his chances of staying in LA Tech.

It is year four for crying out loud haha...but I will be patient and humble and let the big wigs in LT athletics do their job. =)
    ---
    Thanks buddy... and welcome to the BBB!
    It really is a pleasure reading your post on here and learning things that even I didn't know!
    Yea I am a big Techster and Tech Fan but my ESPN time is limited to the weekend mostly
    and that's if I have time then!

I remember going to a NCAA regional at TU in Austin, one year when in the last 5 minutes of the game TSpoon single handly took the game in her hands and we pulled out a win in front of 18,000 screeming TU Fans!.. It was one of the most incredible moments that I can remember and she was on a mission then and I hope she is on a mission now!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    Thanks buddy... and welcome to the BBB!
    It really is a pleasure reading your post on here and learning things that even I didn't know!
    Yea I am a big Techster and Tech Fan but my ESPN time is limited to the weekend mostly
    and that's if I have time then!

I remember going to a NCAA regional at TU in Austin, one year when in the last 5 minutes of the game TSpoon single handly took the game in her hands and we pulled out a win in front of 18,000 screeming TU Fans!.. It was one of the most incredible moments that I can remember and she was on a mission then and I hope she is on a mission now!
    No problem. Thanks so much for the warm comments and I'm learning a lot from everyone here. I just try to share what I know and engage in great discussions about Lady Techster hoops and WBB.

My favorite Lady Techster game of all-time was the 1998 Final Four semifinal win over NC State at St. Louis. NC State was led by senior Chastity Melvin and they were the cinderella team at the final four that year and beat ODU and UCONN along the way to make it to the FINAL FOUR.

But the Lady Techsters ran too many fastbreaks for NC State to keep up. Amanda and LaQuan were really special that day and Monica Maxwell too.

I was in high school than and so that was a special treat but the 1998 NC title game was not so nice.

I wish I could have seen T-Spoon play in college but I was too busy being a kid.

+ Reply to Thread