+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lady Techsters: '...the measuring stick'

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Lady Techsters: '...the measuring stick'

Oh, BTW, not that I really care. I'm like the rest of the nation now, I don't give a hoot about WBB.

(Doesn't change the back-stabbing that pigtails did to her alma mater though.)

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep, she NEVER thought about Tech fans or "little 'ole Louisiana Tech." I agree. Laughs at us? Maybe. But, I'd expect that from a classless bitch like her.

That's the point, HD (fool that you are). By YOUR words, she LAUGHS at Tech, she NEVER thought what her actions would do to Tech (and never cared) yet!, through all of that revelation, YOU still blame DR/JO for not keeping that bitch. Amazing.

By all evidence, if she had gotten her precious 5-year deal, in short order she would have made more demands. Then what? Would DR/JO bend over again and take it up the goola???? Probably, they would have drawn a line and she would have bolted to Baylor or elsewhere anyway!

Now, she has corrupted Barmore too. Good riddance to them both.
    Kim Mulkey is not laughing at Tech, nor has she ever done so. She has however probably already achieved more in her chosen career than you dawg80 will ever achieve in your lifetime. I say this with complete confidence, and I don't know one iota about you except what you reveal in your posts on this board. I do know this. During my lengthy career, I never saw a whiner like you amount to much. The "I am a victim of circumstances beyond my control that have been foisted upon me by someone else" syndrome just always exudes from every pore in their body. They are angry and miserable human beings that most people would rather avoid.

Your situation is self inflicted and obvious. YOU NOR ANYONE ELSE CAN IMPROVE THE CURRENT STATUS OF THE LADY TECHSTER BASKETBALL PROGRAM BY DUMPING YOUR VITRIOL UPON KIM MULKEY. YOU MERELY DIMINISH YOUR OWN CHARACTER BY CONTINUING TO DO SO. HOW CAN IT POSSIBLY MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER FOR HAVING DONE SO?

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

What it seems to have all boiled down to concerning Kim's going to Baylor is that she was too smart to stay with us at Tech.

Consider this:

1. No one knew better the increasing hardships of recruiting against the larger budget schools.
    2. She had already lost out on some needed recruits.
    3. She no longer would have the magic name of Leon Barmore as a recruiting tool.
    4. When she was "being handed the ball," surely she realized the odds of looking good to all of us fans who had the high expectations of what Coach Barmore had done for us.
    5. But, when faced with the reality of the situation, how could she accomplish getting out of having to accept without looking as if it was her decision?
    6. Request a guaranteed five-year contract (even though no other first-time head coach was being granted such, and a fifth year was offered, just not as head coach if she wasn't successful as a head coach after four years, so that she could have in enough time to draw her retirement).

And hey, why not go to a school where you wouldn't be expected to win (football being what they cared about) and yet have an even higher salary? Much less pressure and any success would be appreciated.

SO, given the tools, budget and comparative comfortableness, Kim not only showed what she could do but is being financially rewarded justly by a private school which can do so. Baylor surely has a better recruiting name than a Louisiana Tech without the coaches who built the program to its fame.

Give her credit; Kim was too smart to stay.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog View Post
    What it seems to have all boiled down to concerning Kim's going to Baylor is that she was too smart to stay with us at Tech.

Consider this:

1. No one knew better the increasing hardships of recruiting against the larger budget schools.
    3. She no longer would have the magic name of Leon Barmore as a recruiting tool.
    4. When she was "being handed the ball," surely she realized the odds of looking good to all of us fans who had the high expectations of what Coach Barmore had done for us.
    5. But, when faced with the reality of the situation, how could she accomplish getting out of having to accept without looking as if it was her decision?
    6. Request a guaranteed five-year contract (even though no other first-time head coach was being granted such, and a fifth year was offered, just not as head coach if she wasn't successful as a head coach after four years, so that she could have in enough time to draw her retirement).

And hey, why not go to a school where you wouldn't be expected to win (football being what they cared about) and yet have an even higher salary? Much less pressure and any success would be appreciated.

SO, given the tools, budget and comparative comfortableness, Kim not only showed what she could do but is being financially rewarded justly by a private school which can do so. Baylor surely has a better recruiting name than a Louisiana Tech without the coaches who built the program to its fame.

Well said Longdog. It is MHO that she would have accepted the challenge of every point that you listed had she been granted the fifth year that she requested.

Since she already had the offer from Baylor that either met or exceeded every condition that she wanted, she in effect was in a five card stud poker game with DR and JO, and she in a sense knew what their hole cards were. She couldnt lose by rejecting them and accepting the Baylor offer. And she would have considered it a win had they met her term demand.

Perhaps they did not know the essence of the offer from Baylor, however, I doubt that it would have made any difference to DR. I firmly believe that he had been forced to play second fiddle to Leon Barmore on the stage at Tech, and he was not about to expose himself to that possiblity with Kim Mulkey if she continued the successful program built by Leon. His ego could not stand it any longer.

FJ was intelligent and humble enough to make it possible for SH and LB to build a national womens basketball program. DR lacked whatever it took to sustain it.

Puppy longtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog View Post

Consider this:

just like spoon will be. excellent post. we as tech fans need to realize our current situation. we spent years relying on leon and didn't look around and see what was going on around the country. wcbb has passed us by as a top program and we need to stop pretending that heart and hustle beats money and power when the majority of the top 50 have all of the above. that doesn't mean we can't be a competitive mid major. unless we're going to start pumping money into wcbb again, our ship as one of the elite has sailed. teams that didn't even field 10 players for wbb 10 years ago are now outspending us by millions.

unless spoon is going to start building multi million dollar practice facilities, pay her own salary, buy a private jet, get us into a real conference, get tech wbb on national tv more than once a year, cure the sick and end the recession, i'm afraid the desire to paint spoon as some sort of savior is exactly what's going to run her out of town and when it does, another tech legend will be painted as a villain and have her name dragged through the mud by tech fans for common sense reasons beyond her control.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

When are all of you going to let this go? We go through this every dang year. KMR made her decision after giving it her all at Tech. DR and JO just helped her. Let's get on with what WE want to do. Living in the past never helped anything.

As for re-building, I don't know where we will end up, but the journey can be fun, if you let it. Money helps, but does not win championships. We can be "on the scene" again with the knowledge and desire to be there. We were never one of the "really big spenders" in WBB on the national scene. We were lucky enough to have Sonja, Leon, Kim, and a whole host of Asst. coaches that knew what they were doing (proven by what they have done since that time). That can happen again. If money bought championships, lsu, Florida, Alabama, Penn State, Southern Cal, and 200 other D1 schools would have National Championships lining their trophy cases - they don't. Some have been to the top, but didn't stay.

It is time to let this thread go and let our legends go. HONOR them. They did a lot for us. Now, if we are to succeed, we have to let new legends do it for us.

We have WKU on Sunday. That is the only game that matters right now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    When are all of you going to let this go?
    Just having a little fun, champ, trying to get a rise out of other posters . If you don't stir it up, you have to wallow in it.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Champ - What U say has serious merit but I'm afraid that ANY/EVERY time we bring up our storied past ( & remember that THIS thread was started by referencing the end of our series w/UT ) it eventually turns to certain events which may have been the turning point downward for the program. Things like joining the WAC; Leon's retirement; the KM/DR soap opera; & KB's coaching/recruiting lead the list. Feel free to pick any or all of the above - we all have our theories. BTW - I'm just as guilty as others in keeping some of the "conspiracy" theories going!! Like Dawg80 says - it's kinda fun to stir the pot. It's a balance because, while these negative "history" posts come up every year ( as U correctly stated ) so also do the "eternal optimist" posts from yourself & others. If YOU & I don't like this thread then we shouldn't be posting here. :icon_wink:
    However, I also have been trying to remain positive & encouraging w/the current team. My thoughts on the 2 games I have actually seen in person are in the appropriate individual game threads & not in this one. FWIW - I HOPE that the hiring of Teresa is the turning point UPWARD for us!! IMHO, it's gonna take at least another 2 years for the results of her presence to become fully known because that will give the ( tall ) recruits that ( again, IMHO ) HER name drew to the program. For now, while I'm hardly pleased w/our W-L record ( as R few others ) I AM seeing a more aggressive & emotional product out on the floor so that's something.
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 11-29-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add comment

+ Reply to Thread