+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The good and the bad

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The good and the bad

I won't spend too much on the "bad", since that will be covered ad nausium on here.

The good:
    We were a MUCH shorter team, but were only outrebounded 55-50 and got 26 Offensive boards.

We played them HARD the first half and, had we not been in foul trouble, could have stayed with them in the second. We were down by 7 at the half. Pat didn't empty her bench in the first half like in the past 3 years.

Free throw percentage IMPROVED - but was still not good.

Whitney Jones again scored a career high against Tennessee.

The bad:
    Our inside presence, even though playing with emotion, was truly outmatched - next year we will have a much larger presence on the inside.

Field goal percentage was miserable again.

This was a game that no one thought we would win and we didn't. The score is not a reflection of the difference from last year to this one. Last year we couldn't compete out of the gate. This year we did for half the game and I think could have made it a respectable score, if our top 3 players hadn't had fouled out early in the second half.

So, onward we go. There will be some that gripe and complain. I will remain a huge fan and hope we can right the ship in our next game.

The negativity will prevail on this board and that is ok. I will be at work today (going to be a very long hard day getting ready for the Holiday), so I won't post much - if any, but I will be cheering the Techsters on in the next game without a doubt.

GO TECHSTERS!
    3 starter

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: The good and the bad

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I won't spend too much on the "bad", since that will be covered ad nausium on here.

The good:
    We were a MUCH shorter team, but were only outrebounded 55-50 and got 26 Offensive boards.

We played them HARD the first half and, had we not been in foul trouble, could have stayed with them in the second. We were down by 7 at the half. Pat didn't empty her bench in the first half like in the past 3 years.

Free throw percentage IMPROVED - but was still not good.

Whitney Jones again scored a career high against Tennessee.

The bad:
    Our inside presence, even though playing with emotion, was truly outmatched - next year we will have a much larger presence on the inside.

Field goal percentage was miserable again.

This was a game that no one thought we would win and we didn't. The score is not a reflection of the difference from last year to this one. Last year we couldn't compete out of the gate. This year we did for half the game and I think could have made it a respectable score, if our top 3 players hadn't had fouled out early in the second half.

So, onward we go. There will be some that gripe and complain. I will remain a huge fan and hope we can right the ship in our next game.

The negativity will prevail on this board and that is ok. I will be at work today (going to be a very long hard day getting ready for the Holiday), so I won't post much - if any, but I will be cheering the Techsters on in the next game without a doubt.

GO TECHSTERS!
    3 starter

You keep writing about how we competed better against them this year than last. There is no comparison. Their entire starting five from last season are gone. We lost Jo (as far as starters go).

How can you compare how we did this year to last year? I'm not saying you can't, I simply don't understand your logic.

Also, you say "had we not been in foul trouble" we could have stayed with them in the second half. OK, well, we WERE in foul trouble, which means we were not playing smart bball, and they poured it on in the first few minutes of the second half. To say we COULD have competed is conjecture.

You can label it as negativity all you want. Doesn't mean that's what it is. We stayed with them in the first half on pure emotion and the fact that they are an all new starting five who've yet to find their groove.

So far this season (which by all accounts is still to early to tell) it's the same story as last season. I'm hoping to see something different, some spark, some SMART basketball that we've not seen yet under Long's leadership.

+ Reply to Thread