+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Apparently LSU doesn't think highly of us

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Re: Apparently LSU doesn't think highly of us

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    This is my biggest disappointment with being a Tech fan and graduate. STOP trying to compare us to LSU. We are not LSU, and we really should not want to be. We have such _____ envy it drives me crazy. Yes, smart LSU fans will tell you that a few years in the 1990's, Tech likely could have won. Why are we trying to hang our hats on coulda woulda shoulda???? There were times when SFA could have beaten Tech....Wait that happened. We were down 21-0 to Nichols. We are about 3 plays from being NMSU. There are Tech fans that would rather beat LSU and go 3-8 then beat Boise and get a BCS bid. You know who you are or you know someone like tha!!!!! Why can't we be happy for what we have. We have a very young team that will only get better over the next couple of years. Good recruits are actually considering Tech. We are getting recruits choosing us over BCS schools. We used to fight ULL, McNeese, and ULM for kids. Now we are getting some better Louisiana recruits to stay here instead of bigger out of state schools. Please shut up about LSU. I promise you, they do not care what goes on north of Alexandria. GEAUX DAWGS!!!!
    You are so right!! We don't need to focus on beating LSU. We need to focus on building a strong program that is competitive with USC, Texas, OU, Bama, Florida, Miami, etc. The respect will come when the Dawgs start thumping the dregs of the "chosen" BCS conferences. It is working pretty well for Boise St, Utah, and TCU. The big name schools are having a harder and harder time coming up with excuses for why those schools do not "belong" in the big money BCS bowl games.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

The sad part is the LSU budget is roughly 9 times that of LA Tech and yet look where both programs are, and are headed.

The last time we played, their budget was roughly 10 times Techs yet they only managed 5.8 to one on the field. Bad at math, bad with money, pitiful ROI.

Or better yet take drive up I-49 and lets play in Shreveport.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    The sad part is the LSU budget is roughly 9 times that of LA Tech and yet look where both programs are, and are headed.

The last time we played, their budget was roughly 10 times Techs yet they only managed 5.8 to one on the field. Bad at math, bad with money, pitiful ROI.

Or better yet take drive up I-49 and lets play in Shreveport.
    Wow.....

MIIIGGHT wanna lay off the crack pipe before you post.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Wow.....

back off Chip, Matt

Known hin for years. Sheet will be on.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    back off Chip, Matt

Known hin for years. Sheet will be on.
    Oh come on.... did you read that post?!?!?

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Chip was speaking tongue-in-cheek there. Trust me, my biggest dream (in sports) besides the Saints winning the Super Bowl is for the Dawgs to displace LSU as #1 in Louisiana. The reality is that we've still got a ways to go. Can we beat them? Of course we can. I won't be upset if we lose to them this year, as long as it's a decent game, because it's unrealistic to expect things to turn around instantly for us. Since WW2, we've played LSU only twice, and both were their national title years and two of our worst in a good while. We JUST finally won our first bowl game in HOW many years?

I hate LSU probably more than anyone in here, but it's useless to burn energy on them when I can put positive energy into Tech (like money to LTAC). Right now, I'd like to see us finally once again de-throne Boise and take the WAC title back to Ruston. If we can win a couple more bowl games in a row and be #1 or 2 in the WAC the next couple of seasons, then I'll start to expect a little more out of our bouts with LSU. Don't get me wrong, I went to the previous two and will go to all the Tech-LSU games and cheer my head off, and it may even be hard not to cry with joy when we do whip their ass again. Just remember, the first game we EVER won.... was against LSU... in Ruston, baby!

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Wow.....

Why do you say that? Do you not beleive La Tech has done way more with far less than any other University football program in LA?

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    back off Chip, Matt

Known him for years. Sheet will be on.
    Thanks for having my back - you were always ready to jump into a fight to defend a friend, but this time I think once Doc sees my point everything will be cool.

Oh come on.... did you read that post?!?!?
    Those numbers are real Doc. And I don't know how old you are, or how long you have followed LA Tech football, but in the early seventies there was a great public outcry for an LSU - LA Tech football showdown, but it seemed that the tigers were always able to keep it from happening. Even though we were not "in the show" at the time, we did win 2 national tiles back to back, and when Tech played in the JOE it was like a real aerial majic show. Tech players and fans certainly wanted a shot at them, but they had everything to loose, so LSU (I felt) kept it from happening. So I don't care what the score is - I want to play them every chance we get. I also wish it was us playing UT this Fall instead of ULM. One more thing - Miami came to Shreveport to play us when they were ranked No.2, so why shouldn't LSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I think Chip was speaking tongue-in-cheek there. Trust me, my biggest dream (in sports) besides the Saints winning the Super Bowl is for the Dawgs to displace LSU as #1 in Louisiana. The reality is that we've still got a ways to go. Can we beat them? Of course we can. I won't be upset if we lose to them this year, as long as it's a decent game, because it's unrealistic to expect things to turn around instantly for us. Since WW2, we've played LSU only twice, and both were their national title years and two of our worst in a good while. We JUST finally won our first bowl game in HOW many years?

I hate LSU probably more than anyone in here, but it's useless to burn energy on them when I can put positive energy into Tech (like money to LTAC). Right now, I'd like to see us finally once again de-throne Boise and take the WAC title back to Ruston. If we can win a couple more bowl games in a row and be #1 or 2 in the WAC the next couple of seasons, then I'll start to expect a little more out of our bouts with LSU. Don't get me wrong, I went to the previous two and will go to all the Tech-LSU games and cheer my head off, and it may even be hard not to cry with joy when we do whip their ass again. Just remember, the first game we EVER won.... was against LSU... in Ruston, baby!
    You are right on the money about me K7. I am very serious about supporting our Bulldogs. And I try to always put my money where my mouth is. Along with six season tickets I can assure you my LTAC contribution will always have me at least in the A parking.
    Last edited by ChipDog; 02-16-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

...Trust me, my biggest dream (in sports) besides the Saints winning the Super Bowl is for the Dawgs to displace LSU as #1 in Louisiana.
    Yes, my dream is for La Tech to become the #1 university in La. Growing up in S'port it drove me nuts at how the TV and newspapers there fell all over themselves covering LSU.

...The reality is that we've still got a ways to go. Can we beat them? Of course we can. I won't be upset if we lose to them this year, as long as it's a decent game, because it's unrealistic to expect things to turn around instantly for us. Since WW2, we've played LSU only twice, and both were their national title years and two of our worst in a good while. We JUST finally won our first bowl game in HOW many years?
    Yes, we have a long way to go. Hopefully, next season won't be the start of another long drought of poor records like our last two post-bowl appearances.

... If we can win a couple more bowl games in a row and be #1 or 2 in the WAC the next couple of seasons, then I'll start to expect a little more out of our bouts with LSU. ...
    That is so right! We have got to establish consistency in order to attract better talent. I am not saying we need better players to go toe-to-toe with the likes of LSWho, 'Bama, Texas, etc. What we need is to build a bigger pool of talented players so we can reload like those teams do when a star is lost to injury or graduation.

I can see why this guy doesn't

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BullSam View Post
    Tech can't even beat Nevada & they are better than LSU?!?!?
    Man, you Tech fans are delusional at best, more likely retarded.
    Wow I never knew a TECH fan that would talk bad about TECH on their own board. Or are you an LSU fan who got lost, kicked off his own board, or just realized that it is better to talk on the board of a school that is not the bandwagon-fagship, I mean flagship-school that the whole state sucks up to because they don't know any better.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

There once was a poster called bullsam
    His spelling was not worth a damn
    Bandwaggon fan or not
    His logic is shot
    Now he seems to have gone on the lam.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post

I can see why this guy doesn't
    That is beautiful. Did my heart good to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    That is beautiful. Did my heart good to see it!
    Your heart will really be doing well then come Nov 14th!!!!

Interesting piece about LSU hospitality:
    http://www.lsureveille.com/our-view-...irstComment=20

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

" hotty toddy
    Tue Nov 18 2008 16:24
    even the angriest, most belligerent white trash lsu fan can be soothed with a corn dog and a warm natty lite. i always carry at least three of each."

That comment cracked me up! I can't wait to join again with the sea of BLUE at Chigger Stadium this November!!

+ Reply to Thread