+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Apparently LSU doesn't think highly of us

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Apparently LSU doesn't think highly of us

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Interesting piece about LSU hospitality:
    http://www.lsureveille.com/our-view-...irstComment=20

or lack thereof. Our family has never been treated badly down there. I think it is because we are an instate school that they do not see as a threat on the field. In '07 they were actually cheering for us whenever we made a great play, at least in our section. I will not deny that when other SEC schools go to BR that they are treated the worst out of any school in the south.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    or lack thereof. Our family has never been treated badly down there. I think it is because we are an instate school that they do not see as a threat on the field. In '07 they were actually cheering for us whenever we made a great play, at least in our section. I will not deny that when other SEC schools go to BR that they are treated the worst out of any school in the south.

I've been to lspoo games when TECH wasn't involved and had great hospitality from all tigah fans. I've never had great hospitality, and some bitterness, when TECH comes to town and dressed in blue.

This is the case from the Wal-Mart fans, not my friends who are regular tailgaters.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

It's always the bandwagon types that will give you problems. The more educated generally know better in any fanbase. I fully expect to get some bullcrap this November as I walk through the fringes of the tailgating, and then get hospitality once I get into the core areas where fans have to pay a lot of money to tailgate. Then I'll make it to the Tech fan tailgate areas and be with the BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, and not care about the LSUseless corndog eaters.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Two things help out when trying to avoid the nasty LSU fans.
    1. If you have a few people in LSU colors with you they are much more tolerant.
    2. Avoid Nicholson extension. particularly the large parking lot where the old golf course used to be.

The closer you get to the stadium the better it usually is. We had some nice people that we were tailgaiting with but when I took the time to walk some of my friends around and give them a tour we saw lots of hostility. Beyond the normal Tiger bait stuff that you always get, we had things thrown at us and we were spit at (never actually spit on). I think LSU has a lot more of those fans than the LSU people want to admit or than some people realize.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I respect you (seen your posts) and I respect your opinion, but every season I have tickets given or offered to me to many lsu games and have yet go to one because of all that I have been told. Even close friends and neighbors (lsu alums) have told me not to take the family unless gressed in lsu colors. I had a good friend (Tech grad) tell me today that he had a guy threaten him and the lsu friends he was with brought over one of the officers securing the stadium who said "you should have known better than to wear Tech colors". Very sad for our state in deed.

We brought very close friends and their kids with us last year (husband & wife b oth Miss State grads) to the Mississipi State game and they still comment on how nice they were treated by everyone at Tech and especially at the Argent Pavillion (even though the wife was crying after the game). They said that through the years they have been to every SEC stadium, and never felt at home like at Tech. They also said lsu is the worst, and said it is no place for families (the exact opposite of Tech).

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Some 'Bama fans were sitting in Section OO this past season because their daughter had just started school at Tech, so they came to visit and see the game. They had a lot of respect for our program, and said they enjoyed it and thought it was actually a lot nicer than most of the SEC stadiums. We got to share some hatred for LSU. I talked to some Fresno fans in Section OO as well this past season and they were LOVIN' some Joe Aillet Stadium. That's what college football is all about anyway. It's not about just being a jerk to people, but showing everyone a good time. The only people I really gave a hard time to at the Indy Bowl were the dumbass Chigger fans that came out to play their fight song and wear the purple and puke at OUR bowl game. We boo'd a bit and gave thumbs-down to Northern Illinois' band when it played right past our tailgate, but then we gave plenty of their fans lots of tasty jambalaya. LSUseless fans don't know how to just have fun with the other fans like that, and would rather literally make it hell for them. Someone here did warn me that Auburn fans are worse than LSU idiots, and I sure HOPE he's wrong...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What about at the Texas A&M games. I have been to several games at Kyle Field. I have seen cadets that will gang tackle and beat up opposing fans if they don't remove their hats during the different yells they are doing. That is pretty extreme. When those fans try to get security to help, they turn and walk the other way.

I respect you (seen your posts) and I respect your opinion, but every season I have tickets given or offered to me to many lsu games and have yet go to one because of all that I have been told. Even close friends and neighbors (lsu alums) have told me not to take the family unless gressed in lsu colors. I had a good friend (Tech grad) tell me today that he had a guy threaten him and the lsu friends he was with brought over one of the officers securing the stadium who said "you should have known better than to wear Tech colors". Very sad for our state in deed.

We brought very close friends and their kids with us last year (husband & wife b oth Miss State grads) to the Mississipi State game and they still comment on how nice they were treated by everyone at Tech and especially at the Argent Pavillion (even though the wife was crying after the game). They said that through the years they have been to every SEC stadium, and never felt at home like at Tech. They also said lsu is the worst, and said it is no place for families (the exact opposite of Tech).

it really is based on your, or your families personal experiences as well. Every game that we have been to has not been a bad experience. However, some of my buddies who sat in a different area come home with horror stories. I don't disbelieve anyone on here who says they have had a bad time down there. I will tell you that the first time our experience is bad, I will not be back.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I tailgated near some faculty and they were nice and hospitable. Some LSU students joined us and they were nice.

Then there were grandmas who flipped us off, 5 year olds who flipped us off, the dude on the mic harassing every Tech fan, the drunken tigerbaits right up in your face, and the jerks in the stadium.

Puppy Flagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really niceFlagship kid is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Some 'Bama fans were sitting in Section OO this past season because their daughter had just started school at Tech, so they came to visit and see the game. They had a lot of respect for our program, and said they enjoyed it and thought it was actually a lot nicer than most of the SEC stadiums. We got to share some hatred for LSU. I talked to some Fresno fans in Section OO as well this past season and they were LOVIN' some Joe Aillet Stadium. That's what college football is all about anyway. It's not about just being a jerk to people, but showing everyone a good time. The only people I really gave a hard time to at the Indy Bowl were the dumbass Chigger fans that came out to play their fight song and wear the purple and puke at OUR bowl game. We boo'd a bit and gave thumbs-down to Northern Illinois' band when it played right past our tailgate, but then we gave plenty of their fans lots of tasty jambalaya. LSUseless fans don't know how to just have fun with the other fans like that, and would rather literally make it hell for them. Someone here did warn me that Auburn fans are worse than LSU idiots, and I sure HOPE he's wrong...
    Yea!...that is what college football is all about! Joe Aillet Stadium!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

What about at the Texas A&M games. I have been to several games at Kyle Field. I have seen cadets that will gang tackle and beat up opposing fans if they don't remove their hats during the different yells they are doing. That is pretty extreme. When those fans try to get security to help, they turn and walk the other way.
    I have only been to one game there and I had a great experience. I wouldn't pretend to know how there fanbase is all the time. I have a lot of family in Texas, some are TCU grads, a North Texas grad, and quite a few Texas Tech fans. My understanding is Texas Tech has one of the most hostile fanbases in the Big 12. Texas A&M from what I hear is only bad depending on the opposing team. A&M and TX Tech don't get along too well. Like I said I had a great experience and the stadium to me was one of the best game day atmospheres I have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I have only been to one game there and I had a great experience. I wouldn't pretend to know how there fanbase is all the time. I have a lot of family in Texas, some are TCU grads, a North Texas grad, and quite a few Texas Tech fans. My understanding is Texas Tech has one of the most hostile fanbases in the Big 12. Texas A&M from what I hear is only bad depending on the opposing team. A&M and TX Tech don't get along too well. Like I said I had a great experience and the stadium to me was one of the best game day atmospheres I have been in.

I have also been to Lubbock and it is pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagship kid View Post
    Yea!...that is what college football is all about! Joe Aillet Stadium!
    Damn skippy! It looks like we agree on something for ONCE!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I tell the people that come with me that, they don't have to wear TECH blue or red (but it would be nice), but they can't wear tigger gear using my ticket. If they don't have anything TECH, wear something neutral.

... or for the Miss St. game, I got everyone's shirt sizes and went to www.TECHteamshop.com and ordered 6 shirts from them and handed out the shirts to my friends. We all wore them.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I tell the people that come with me that, they don't have to wear TECH blue or red (but it would be nice), but they can't wear tigger gear using my ticket. If they don't have anything TECH, wear something neutral.

... or for the Miss St. game, I got everyone's shirt sizes and went to www.TECHteamshop.com and ordered 6 shirts from them and handed out the shirts to my friends. We all wore them.

Doc you are truely a great host, and if your friends were not from Tech, you certainly extended the spirit that I believe is LA Tech.

thanks for sharing the pic!

+ Reply to Thread