+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rupp wins NCAA Championship

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Rupp wins NCAA Championship

In an exciting finish, I saw a Rupp win a national championship today. It was my first time to see a men's Division 1 championship event live.
    http://www.ncaa.com/sports/c-xc/spec-rel/112408aaa.html

Maybe next time, it will be the Kerry Rupp led DAWGS raising the trophy. I had to cheer for Galen Rupp of Oregon just because of his name. He was one of the pre-race favorites.

I've never been a cross country fan but my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson live in Terre Haute, Indiana which hosted the NCAA Cross Country championships today. I drove the 10 miles to the site and saw both the women's race and the men's race. Indiana State was the host school. There were a lot of cross country fanatics at the event cheering on the 250+ female and 250+ male runners.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Rupp wins NCAA Championship

Just attended the Louisiana state high school cross country championships, held at NSU. A nephew of mine runs for Fountainbleu HS, he finished 20th in the 5A competition...out of 200+ runners. So, he did fine.

You have to be in shape just to be a fan of x-country. It's funny to watch as fans line the route in the fields on campus, then after the runners pass by, the fans DASH for the track stadium to see the finish. Bad knee and all I found myself running with the crowd (and my sister and brother-in-law) to see my nephew's finish.

My wife ran cross country for the NSU Lady Demons. Actually, we met because of running, we were both members of the Nakatrackers Running Club.

+ Reply to Thread