+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Good ole Tulane Stadium

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Re: Good ole Tulane Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    That's what I thought at first and then I thought maybe its an L A....

Speaking of...I ran across this photo in the La Tech library's online collection (they've got some really cool stuff on there that everybody should check out...) a while back. What's that sign say? LA TECH?

New school is old school.

Cool thread. Thanks for the pics and stories.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by WWILL View Post
    DQ do you know my uncle J.R.? If so how about my Dad (41)? Oh, by the way, I live only about 15 miles south of you. I guess that's about 30 miles south of the big town of Singer.
    Knew JR. Coachdawg and I go back over 50 years, which was my downfall. Just kidding. CD entered the coaching scene in DQ in 1963 and rented a room from my mother. She kept him straight, you can bet on that.

Good times.

Varsity Bulldog WWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her game WWILL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Knew JR. Coachdawg and I go back over 50 years, which was my downfall. Just kidding. CD entered the coaching scene in DQ in 1963 and rented a room from my mother. She kept him straight, you can bet on that.

Good times.
    Coachdawg was one of my high school football and track coaches. God bless him, he did all he could do with what he had to work with.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post

Good times.
    Paid $25.00/month for upstairs apt. and had free meals all the time with Mrs. Fisher. We watched "As The World Turns" everyday during the summer of '63. I HAD THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THAT LADY AND NEVER MADE HER MAD AT ME. LOVED HER LIKE MY OWN MOTHER. SHE AND MR. FISHER WERE THE GREATEST HOST A MAN COULD EVER HAVE. YES, SHE DID KEEP ME STRAIGHT.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by WWILL View Post
    Coachdawg was one of my high school football and track coaches. God bless him, he did all he could do with what he had to work with.
    Wayne--You guys were great to work with at ASH. Just weren't quite as fast as those boys were that I left in Mansfield. Your Dad had some good track teams at ASH before he hired me. Lynn Keys was pretty good in the half mile. You were a good hurdler if I remember right.

Working with Don Shows and Bobby Ashley at ASH was quite an experience. Bobby was the head coach at Cotton Valley when I was at Mansfield. He had a good football program there and was in our district two years. I don't remember where Don came from to coach at ASH. He was already there when I got there. Working with Richie Golman was the greatest experience of all though. Richie was one of the best football players that I ever saw play at Tech. He played with a little guy from Oakdale named Mike Mowad that would get after you also. Richie was the best athlete at ASH as a teacher in '74 and '75. He taught me every thing that I ever wanted to know about coaching swimming. We would time the swim meets for him each year.

Varsity Bulldog WWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her gameWWILL is on top of his/her game WWILL's Avatar

Coach, I never really thought about it but we sure had a lot of TECH influence at ASH back then with all of those coaches along with Coach Murphy.

+ Reply to Thread