+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wysinger's Status

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Wysinger's Status

Given how poorly we shoot from the guard positions, does anyone have the latest on Tarkeisha's rehab & possible return? She was hitting 52% from the field ( 16.5 ppg ) & 73% on her FT's in the two exhibition games she played in before her injury so she could have made the difference in the Memphis & WKU games. I realize that's a case of "woulda/coulda/shoulda" because other schools have lose starters yet managed to win w/o them but the Techsters ESPECIALLY need some outside shots to fall to keep the defense from keying on Shanavia's inside play. I know that the original forecast was for her to miss 6-8 weeks & there was some discussion about redshirting her this season. Any updates on TW?

MG

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Wysinger's Status

I haven't heard anything lately. The last I heard is that she will be ready for conference play. We DO need her back badly. I do not think she will redshirt. We need her to help the Techsters record this year and give us some momentum. That carries over to recruiting. She needs to be on the court as soon as possible.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Wysinger's Status

Found the original thread announcing her injury & the various feelings we have about her redshirting or coming back this season. Valid points on both sides, IMO.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58390

My personal feelings is that, if we can have here back in time for WAC play then we need her back. By my calculations 6-8 weeks puts her potential return in the range of Christmas Day ( 6 week rehab ) to 1/8/09 ( 8 weeks ). We begin WAC play on that very date ( 1/8 ) versus Nevada ( at their place ) & followed 2 days later @ Utah State. Nevada looks to be tough ( beat #8 Louisville last week ) but Utah State has about the same record we have. So that's gonna be one of the first tough coaching decisions that CL & Spoon will have to make about whether or not to R/S her.. Since none of the current guards seem to be able to step up I gotta go w/bringing her back this season ( especially if she's ready by Christmas & will have a game or 2 to get into game shape ). Got my fingers crossed!! Get well soon, TW!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 12-03-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add info

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Found the original thread announcing her injury & the various feelings we have about her redshirting or coming back this season. Valid points on both sides, IMO.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58390

My personal feelings is that, if we can have here back in time for WAC play then we need her back. By my calculations 6-8 weeks puts her potential return in the range of Christmas Day ( 6 week rehab ) to 1/8/09 ( 8 weeks ). We begin WAC play on that very date ( 1/8 ) versus Nevada ( at their place ) & followed 2 days later @ Utah State. Nevada looks to be tough ( beat #8 Louisville last week ) but Utah State has about the same record we have. So that's gonna be one of the first tough coaching decisions that CL & Spoon will have to make about whether or not to R/S her.. Since none of the current guards seem to be able to step up I gotta go w/bringing her back this season ( especially if she's ready by Christmas & will have a game or 2 to get into game shape ). Got my fingers crossed!! Get well soon, TW!!

MG
    I just can't see redshirting her, unless she just won't get back to full speed this season. If she can get back to full speed (even by mid WAC season), we definitely need her. Winning is a BIG part of recruiting. She will have 2 years of eligibility left after this one if we don't redshirt her. Like you, I would feel differently if our guards were firing on all cylinders, but they aren't. We need her in the game.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I just can't see redshirting her, unless she just won't get back to full speed this season. If she can get back to full speed (even by mid WAC season), we definitely need her. Winning is a BIG part of recruiting. She will have 2 years of eligibility left after this one if we don't redshirt her. Like you, I would feel differently if our guards were firing on all cylinders, but they aren't. We need her in the game.
    Actually I can Champ. Remember Sidney had a similar injury last year, and never got to full speed. Same can be said for Erica Westbrooks (baby). If she has too push it, I say let her heal properly and come back at full strength next year. I understand what she brings to the team, but we need her at full strength to be effective.

Just IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Actually I can Champ. Remember Sidney had a similar injury last year, and never got to full speed. Same can be said for Erica Westbrooks (baby). If she has too push it, I say let her heal properly and come back at full strength next year. I understand what she brings to the team, but we need her at full strength to be effective.

Just IMO.
    I do see your point, but I believe we need her to get back to the tournament this year. I can agree that if she is like Stewart or Westbrooks was, then we may have to redshirt her.

I just wrote Chris Long and asked about her. He won't get the email till tomorrow, though, since they are in Mississippi. Sometimes, he will answer late at night on the road, though.

+ Reply to Thread