+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wildcats

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Wildcats

GREAT GAME BY THE TECHSTERS!

Sorry, I didn't post much. I just decided to sit back and watch! WOW! WOW! WOW! Thomas was awesome tonight!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    awesome then since I'm heading out for dinner now. I will try to be back for the second half of our MBB game.
    This Techster team shows that they have the talent but they still lack the consistency as a team.
    And we need some height for inside game.
    Go Techster!!!
    Not that I don't want more height, but tonight shows that hustle and speed can win against height. Those girls were HUGE!!!!!!! We dominated them! And that was WITHOUT Dowdell! We really did play our best game of the year tonight, which is a good sign of things to come. I was worried about this one and even more so without Dowdell. This was great!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Not that I don't want more height, but tonight shows that hustle and speed can win against height. Those girls were HUGE!!!!!!! We dominated them! And that was WITHOUT Dowdell! We really did play our best game of the year tonight, which is a good sign of things to come. I was worried about this one and even more so without Dowdell. This was great!
    It was a great game. Thomas was amazing! She's still VERY young, but (and I know some of you will laugh at me), but she reminded me a little bit of ARay. That was the shooting performance we need in every game.

PS - only 12 TO's all night versus 26 against MSU.

Johnson was strong tonight too. She's had so many off nights, but tonight was not one of those.

PPS - Thomas should ge the start next game just for her performance tonight. Give her the minutes and see what she can do next game.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Way to go, Ladies!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

thanks for the updates tigtoo

Go Techsters

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Sidney didn't get a lot of minutes but her 3 was from NBA range. No joke. I thought not having Dowdell would kill us tonight because they had some big girls. Glad to see the Techsters play such a good game against a decent foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Sidney didn't get a lot of minutes but her 3 was from NBA range. No joke. I thought not having Dowdell would kill us tonight because they had some big girls. Glad to see the Techsters play such a good game against a decent foe.
    I hope this was a break-out game for the Techsters. We played without Dowdell and are still missing Wysinger. The bench (especially, Thomas) should have gained some great confidence last night. Maybe, we were depending on Dowdell too much. We know she can score and rebound, so we use her as the "go to" person, but others give up shots in favor of that when she is double teamed. Thomas showed that she can step up, which gives us another option. Between Jones, Thomas, Johnson, and Dowdell, we have some great players. Stewart and Pringle are X Factors. When they are on, they are ON. When they aren't, they aren't. Pringle did a great job on defense last night and with rebounding, even though her shots weren't falling. We need that from her, when she has an off shooting night.

We have a fairly workable schedule up until WAC play now. lsu scares me, but we CAN beat them this year. We just have to play like we did last night. In any case, I can see us coming into conference play with only 4 or 5 losses. That will be fine. I can handle a few losses, if we are improving and can take the conference and conference tournament. We DO have some conference competition, though. Nevada, Boise, and Fresno are all looking decent. These teams didn't lose much from last year. We can do this, though. It is a matter of how intense we are at all times on the court. We are more athletic and have a tremendous upside.

We win the WAC this year and get back to the tournament and, next year, go even further. We are a VERY young team that will continue to improve.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Great to know that we can win w/o Shanavia & that we can ( sorta ) shoot better. However, just as I refused to see the MSU game as the end of the Techster world, I won't believe that this game is the "turning point" for us. For myself, that will happen when I see some consistency out of the team in terms of shooting & TO's. Hopefully that will be when we start WAC play!!

MG

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Great to know that we can win w/o Shanavia & that we can ( sorta ) shoot better. However, just as I refused to see the MSU game as the end of the Techster world, I won't believe that this game is the "turning point" for us. For myself, that will happen when I see some consistency out of the team in terms of shooting & TO's. Hopefully that will be when we start WAC play!!

MG
    I am excited about the win, but DO agree with you.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

MG
    Gene I actually think the MSU was the turning point. I think they were embarassed their, and it's gave them a little fire. In football terms, MSU could be the same as this years Army game.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Gene I actually think the MSU was the turning point. I think they were embarassed their, and it's gave them a little fire. In football terms, MSU could be the same as this years Army game.
    As I said, one game does NOT a season make so I'll reserve judgement until WAC play. I HOPE that that game did fire them up but can they ( & the coaching staff ) keep that fire going for the rest of the season?
    Besides, it's amazing what a team can do then they FINALLY shoot decent from both the field & the FT line!! THAT was the most encouraging thing for me to read in the box score!! Now I'd like to see some consistency. Yes, I expect to have some off games OCCASIONALLY as all teams have those. At least we SHOULD have a 2 game winning streak when we face LSU. That's a game that I'd penciled in as a "L" before the season started but now see it as a VERY possible "W". I say that not so much because our play is so stellar ( working on it, though ) but LSU has fallen quite a bit. It'd sure help w/recruiting in the state of Louisiana, wouldn't it??!!

MG

As I said, one game does NOT a season make so I'll reserve judgement until WAC play. I HOPE that that game did fire them up but can they ( & the coaching staff ) keep that fire going for the rest of the season?
    Besides, it's amazing what a team can do then they FINALLY shoot decent from both the field & the FT line!! THAT was the most encouraging thing for me to read in the box score!! Now I'd like to see some consistency. Yes, I expect to have some off games OCCASIONALLY as all teams have those. At least we SHOULD have a 2 game winning streak when we face LSU. That's a game that I'd penciled in as a "L" before the season started but now see it as a VERY possible "W". I say that not so much because our play is so stellar ( working on it, though ) but LSU has fallen quite a bit. It'd sure help w/recruiting in the state of Louisiana, wouldn't it??!!

MG
    I still dont have my hopes too high on lsu. I wish they were coming to us this year, instead of last year. Anyway, IF we can keep improving, we will do fine. Van Chancellor is a decent coach, but he inherited a VERY talented group there when he took over. Same thing in the WNBA. He was blessed with the best when that league started. They fell from grace with some of his later picks, though. I hope the same happens with lsu. They are young like us, so I would expect both our teams to improve quite a bit during the season.

+ Reply to Thread