+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP I-Bowl

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

RIP I-Bowl

We cannot save you from yourselves.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Re: RIP I-Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    We cannot save you from yourselves.
    Me thinks it wasn't their fault!

TD

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

More like RIP Sun Belt Conference............no one wanted their teams in their bowls........

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg View Post
    Me thinks it wasn't their fault!

TD
    Locking themselves into being the bottomfeeder bowl for the big 12/sec was their choice. they could have had tie-ins with other conferences.

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Guys, the Independence Bowl couldn't sell out Alabama vs Colorado, Where do you think they'll be with Northern Illinois?? In the toilet.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The I-bowl could have made a contract for the C-USA champions but chose the 7-9th place teams from the SEC and Big XII instead.

When the two best conferences get 2 teams in the BCS, this is what you get.

They are lucky they even had enough bowl eligible teams to fill the last spot. A couple weeks ago it was possible that Tech could win the I-Bowl by forfeit!

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

and yet you all believed this was in the best interest of Louisiana Tech University;

so suck it up; buy your tickets and go to the game

now continue with your complaining

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    and yet you all believed this was in the best interest of Louisiana Tech University;

so suck it up; buy your tickets and go to the game

now continue with your complaining
    No one besides HD is complaining, really. And HD always complains.

When I say we exhausted all other options on this one, I mean it.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

oh LUM; i know;

i know the other options that Tech had too.

I think it speaks very highly of Tech and of our current administration (athletic and otherwise) that the I Bowl did NOT choose ULL even though it would have been in their best interest to do so. They chose Tech and what they could get; rather than ULL and lose tech to another bowl.

that speaks volumes to me

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Lum,
    I was hoping this was an April fools in December. LOL. I do think this a bad day for IB. With that said......GOOO TECH! I'll be there. I am just glad we sold alot of tix early. Can you say nonrefundable.....LOL

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Stupid. Nothing else has to be said.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Let's see how this one goes first before we put the I-Bowl to rest. Sometimes it's not the bowls fault. Tennessee wins against Wyoming or Auburn has there usual winning season and it's still around for years to come. Still might be.

With that said, it doesn't look good and I would think a major sponsor who was thinking about signing up, with the NIU pick, just may have decided to take a pass. The I-Bowl committee certainly doesn't have that much clout with the NCAA or they just didn't negotiate as well as they could have. Either way, it's time (if it's not too late) for some changes with those who are running the show.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    No one besides HD is complaining, really. And HD always complains.

When I say we exhausted all other options on this one, I mean it.

I just told you the same thing that GLM, Parisdog, WestTV, SoonerDawg, and many others are telling you. You just don't like it because I'm right.

HD

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westv View Post
    Guys, the Independence Bowl couldn't sell out Alabama vs Colorado, Where do you think they'll be with Northern Illinois?? In the toilet.
    What's happened to you? Its more than obvious that you WANTED ULL. When it was looking like ULL it was "I'd prefer someone else but, it really doesn't matter everyone should show up regardless."

Now all you want to do is complain.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    What's happened to you? It more than clear the you WANTED ULL. When it was looking like them you were "I'd prefer someone else but, it really doesn't matter everyone should show up regardless."

Now all you want to do is complain.
    I too preferred UsLL over most of the possibilities. They are our rival. They would bring fans. This pick is off the charts stupid.

+ Reply to Thread