+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIP I-Bowl

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: RIP I-Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    At the risk of hijacking the thread....

All these people saying that ULL is not our rival....then who the hell is? We're apparently more "elite" than ULM and we won't lower ourselves to their level, LSU would laugh their ass off at us if we tried to say they were our rival, and Fresno State sure as hell doesn't consider us to be a rival; the only reason they don't like us is because they have to travel so far to get here. If someone's a "rival", the feeling sort of has to be mutual. So if it's not ULL...then who?
    We haven't played USL in years. Nope not a rival. And LSU better be glad they made the Bowl they did. As for the WAC teams, I've grown fond of hating them. Haven't you? Especially Fresneck, BSU and Hawaii. And heaven knows we owe Nevada a arse whipping after the last couple of years. Would I rather CUSA. You bet. The BELCH>>>NEVER!!! What a joke!

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

This is what I would like to see every year:

1 game in Shreveport vs. a Big XII opponent (boost our Shreveport fan base/exposure)
    Home or away with Southern Miss (start a rivalry)
    Home or away with ULM (yeah...they are sun belt, but a lot of schools play rivalry games with schools in crappy conferences) I was there when we had a rivalry and it was fun

then again this doesnt leave room for a ooc body bag game in ruston unless you count ulm...

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We haven't played USL in years. Nope not a rival. And LSU better be glad they made the Bowl they did. As for the WAC teams, I've grown fond of hating them. Haven't you? Especially Fresneck, BSU and Hawaii. And heaven knows we owe Nevada a arse whipping after the last couple of years. Would I rather CUSA. You bet. The BELCH>>>NEVER!!! What a joke!
    we had a home and home a few years ago. I had a better time going to lafayette to see the dawgs kick their ass than when they showed up in ruston with less that 500 fans

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Boise, Fresno and Hawaii....yeah, I don't like any of them, but they're not our rivals. They're teams we have to play in our conference that, for the most part, have pretty much owned us in recent years. Losing consistently to one team or another does not a rivalry make.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    We cannot save you from yourselves.

lol, so true. A 6-6 MAC team, who would of thunk that!

+ Reply to Thread