+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lighten Up Francis we wanted to be big time

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Lighten Up Francis we wanted to be big time

Now we are!

It is between Paul Johnson and DD.
    If offered DD goes.
    Who is on your short list?
    Spangler
    Jeff Bower
    Tyrone Nix
    DD will last more than three years if he goes. His wife will be jumping up and down. Her parents, his parents, her brother all went to Auburn. I have read all the reasons he should not go but let us take a look in the mirror. We want DD to stay because we are a unified, respectable, and much better program because DD coached here.
    What made him successful, he was given carte blanche to do as he pleased for the better of our program. I know we now take the team away from Ruston for home games. It wasn't that long ago that we had to pull teeth to get our coaches wives to make an NCAA trip.
    We will always be a place to start or end a career until we find that special person that wants to be here!
    That person will truly be a part of our community, from RPAR soccer, grocery shopping, Peach Festival activities, Christmas parade and a staff that works like a family.
    It is not going to take moving to another conference, it is going to take a guy who instills character, wins more than he loses, raises a family, and a fan base that understands that hey this is our guy and every now and then he may lose more than he wins but we know he will be back next year.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Lighten Up Francis we wanted to be big time

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    Now we are!

If offered DD goes.
    Spangler
    Jeff Bower
    Tyrone Nix
    DD will last more than three years if he goes. His wife will be jumping up and down. Her parents, his parents, her brother all went to Auburn. I have read all the reasons he should not go but let us take a look in the mirror. We want DD to stay because we are a unified, respectable, and much better program because DD coached here.
    What made him successful, he was given carte blanche to do as he pleased for the better of our program. I know we now take the team away from Ruston for home games. It wasn't that long ago that we had to pull teeth to get our coaches wives to make an NCAA trip.
    We will always be a place to start or end a career until we find that special person that wants to be here!
    That person will truly be a part of our community, from RPAR soccer, grocery shopping, Peach Festival activities, Christmas parade and a staff that works like a family.
    It is not going to take moving to another conference, it is going to take a guy who instills character, wins more than he loses, raises a family, and a fan base that understands that hey this is our guy and every now and then he may lose more than he wins but we know he will be back next year.
    Are you describing Richard and Bicknell?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Chuck Neinas is on my speed dial and short list. I would be very interested in Jeff Bower and Nix but chuck is the first man I call.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

BleedTechBlue's finest, right here.

Tune in tomorrow night for all the latest details

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Chuck Neinas is on my speed dial and short list. I would be very interested in Jeff Bower and Nix but chuck is the first man I call.
    No doubt. Chuck gets results.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I like Spangler but he needs more time

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

No, I am just saying we will always be a place to cut your teeth and then move on until we find that one person who does not want to leave . I hope DD stays, but big time, 85,000 butts in the stadium is in his blood, and always will be. People were saying they were tired of this stay or go discussion and it will always be around here at Tech when you are successful.

I was not referring to any coach in particular, but a friend of mine asked me the other day "If Bicknell were given all the same opportunities as Dooley, would he still be here?"
    I thought a long time about my answer and I said no, There are aspects of DD that truly are unique to him that make him ultra successful. I do think that the circumstances were different from the get go, he would have lasted longer and ended on better terms.
    Do not missread anything into my post I want DD to remain at TECH.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Now we are!

If offered DD goes.
    Spangler
    Jeff Bower
    Tyrone Nix
    I think we had one of those in another sport. He retired a couple of times and has run off to another school because the school doesn't know how to treat people right.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

Definitely couldn't blame him for taking a job like Auburn but I don't think Auburn will hire DD. I was looking at the Auburn Rivals board tonight and it's about 95% Turner Gill over there. But he did train under Saban and we all know how that played out....yes means no and no means yes.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Spang does have HC experience though. If Dooley left would he take his whole staff with him?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I haven't really contributed much as far as an opinion to these Dooley leaving threads yet, but I can't resist anymore. I sort of agree with JAB from earlier on about the ridiculousness of these schools hiring a coach who is only .500 and still unproven. I, for one, am not overly impressed with his coaching to this point. I'm not saying he's not going to be a very good coach. Just that he hasn't shown me that at this point. I realize what he has to work with puts him behind the 8 ball, but some of his decision making I question. Now, he does have some intangibles that have made him as successful as he is which also translates to success in the AD office which is where I think we would miss him the most. I guess basically what I'm saying is that if he is hired by a Auburn type school, then that goes to show the level of desperation these schools have sunk to in order to win in that they hire unproven coaches. I'm not saying it won't happen, but just that I'd be surprised if it does. If offered, I don't think there's much hesitation in his decision to go.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

We had him (JRP) and treated him like shit. I know things are different in college football now, but had JRP been given just a bit more resources to work with.....

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I haven't really contributed much as far as an opinion to these Dooley leaving threads yet, but I can't resist anymore. I sort of agree with JAB from earlier on about the ridiculousness of these schools hiring a coach who is only .500 and still unproven. I, for one, am not overly impressed with his coaching to this point. I'm not saying he's not going to be a very good coach. Just that he hasn't shown me that at this point. I realize what he has to work with puts him behind the 8 ball, but some of his decision making I question. Now, he does have some intangibles that have made him as successful as he is which also translates to success in the AD office which is where I think we would miss him the most. I guess basically what I'm saying is that if he is hired by a Auburn type school, then that goes to show the level of desperation these schools have sunk to in order to win in that they hire unproven coaches. I'm not saying it won't happen, but just that I'd be surprised if it does. If offered, I don't think there's much hesitation in his decision to go.
    I agree with your post, particularly the part in bold. Hey, if he leaves I would call Tuberville.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Now we are!

If offered DD goes.
    Spangler
    Jeff Bower
    Tyrone Nix
    Looks like Paul Johnson isn't going anywhere.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/bir...l=2&thispage=1

Auburn fans seem to think:
    1. Gill
    2. Dooley

The attributes that have vaulted Dooley to the forefront despite his 12-12 record at Tech are:
    1. His connections throughout the southeast and his experience at LSU and Georgia. (That gives him an edge over Gill and and almost all of the other head coaches.)
    2. His experience as a head coach. (That gives him an edge over the coordinators at Georgia and Miami.)
    3. His experience under Saban, and he doesn't fear Nick Saban. (Auburn is obsessed with Nick and Bama.)
    4. He doesn't have a $5 million+ buyout like Muschamp, Fisher, Nutt, or Leach.
    5. Auburn greatly respects the Dooley name.
    6. He is young.
    7. He is a great interviewer and doesn't need an agent to speak for him.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to win the NC every other year for Auburn not to fire you in 3 years. Big risk for a young coach.

+ Reply to Thread