+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I-Bowl Conspiracy Theories from The News Star

Varsity Bulldog raam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of light

I-Bowl Conspiracy Theories from The News Star

Here's a good one from the Sun"Belch" supporters:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...PORTS/81211020

Please make it stop; ULLLLLL, was not good enough to make it to the bowl!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I-Bowl Conspiracy Theories from The News Star

Quote Originally Posted by raam View Post

Please make it stop; ULLLLLL, was not good enough to make it to the bowl!
    Oh, come on....... You have to see the humor in it all. The better team was chosen. A trade was attempted, but fell through.

People need to realize that the decision for a bowl is based on TV VIEWERS, not attendance. We now get the Chicago market and not the Lafayette, La. market. It was a simple decision for ESPN and the I-Bowl.

Attendance is secondary to TV market. Just because ull got their feelings hurt and aren't bright enough to know this doesn't mean that we are stupid and listen to them.
    Either laugh about it or drop it. We have been angry with the I-Bowl before, as well. We (including me) have boycotted it since the time they snubbed us and, especially, after the SEC/B12 tie in for their worst bowl teams. This year renewed my faith. Let's just worry about getting our fans to show up in mass numbers.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

9-2 and no bowl, snubbed
    10-2 and no bowl (a position NIU was in), snubbed
    6-6 with the 119 ranked schedule, sit down and shut up
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raam View Post

Scott Ferrell is just another LSU-worshiper, I doubt he gives a hoot about the Belch. As for the article, it's rather tame and somewhat lame. Certainly "vanilla" enough not to get riled over, regardless which side of the argument you're on. JMO.

Besides, I like and totally agree with his statement that the I-Bowl would have been completely and utterly embarrassed to allow Tech to slip away to another bowl. Especially if that then meant a ull vs. MAC game, whoa!

Varsity Bulldog raam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of light

Champ, I do see the humor in it, they are 6-6 and are upset they are not in a bowl game even though their record and schedule are WEAK. Tech was 9-2 and was snubbed, that was a legitimate snub.

The article itself is fairly tame but the fact that there are people that actually believe this junk, that is what has me riled.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Yeah, Ferrell's article can't hold a candle to some of the mess pouring fourth from the Advertiser.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...ON01/812120314
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Yeah, Ferrell's article can't hold a candle to some of the mess pouring fourth from the Advertiser.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...ON01/812120314
    I like this: "State legislators, who must approve the funding, are angry."

A comment supported by quotes from these:

Sen. Mike Michot, a Lafayette Republican
    State Rep. Page Cortez, R-Lafayette
    State Rep. Joel Robideaux, I-Lafayette

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Those guys do have a point, kinda.

Their affiliation with the Sunbelt is what held them out, that's the bottom line.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I finally figured out why the I-Bowl passed on ull. Their AD called Missy and said that UL was interested in coming to the I-Bowl. Missy saw that UL wound up with a 5-7 record and so she knew they were not elligible and there was no need to return the call.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Wow, if only S-B and Ruston had some of them state legislators they could outvote this frightening legislative bloc from Lafayette!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Dooley should take advantage of all this 'hoopla' and invite the Cajuns to bring all these "so-called" mega dollars up to Ruston next year to our season opener and the unveiling of our new JUMBOTRON!!!! We should buy out of the Auburn game and announce a 6th home game with USL stating that we will give them the chance to play in North Louisiana and bring all those hurt fans and legislators on a great road trip in state!!!! We will even have gumbo for them when they get here!!! I suspect that we wouldn't have to make too many pots, though.....
    Seriously, that would give us a 6th home game and give us a better chance of a win vs. playing at Auburn yet again. (I never understood why we keep going back to Auburn when we obviously can't do very well there.) I really think playing an 'USL' at home and enhancing our chances of a bowl game would be better served than traveling there next year.
    Plus think of all the good will we could gain from giving the Cajuns what they wanted - just a few months later down the road. :icon_wink:
    DFiH

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Let me tell ALL of you something, if $350K to the I-Bowl is so upsetting, try $1.2 million to the City of Natchitoches EVERY year to fund fireworks. So, about 40 people can stand around in the cold and go "oooo and ahhhhh!"

Then when Jindal reduced some funding going to Natchitoches, by about a mere $80K, which was the city's prorated cut that ALL statewide festivals got this year, some folks in Natch were ready to lynch the governor, citing an "entitlement" to the money sense everyone knows that the City of Lights' Christmas Festival, which runs from mid-Nov to mid-Jan, is the state's best festival.

I'm no fan of the I-Bowl, but I bet, the $350k is a better investment for Louisiana than the $1.2 million Natchiotches gets.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Dooley should take advantage of all this 'hoopla' and invite the Cajuns to bring all these "so-called" mega dollars up to Ruston next year to our season opener and the unveiling of our new JUMBOTRON!!!! We should buy out of the Auburn game and announce a 6th home game with USL stating that we will give them the chance to play in North Louisiana and bring all those hurt fans and legislators on a great road trip in state!!!! We will even have gumbo for them when they get here!!! I suspect that we wouldn't have to make too many pots, though.....
    Seriously, that would give us a 6th home game and give us a better chance of a win vs. playing at Auburn yet again. (I never understood why we keep going back to Auburn when we obviously can't do very well there.) I really think playing an 'USL' at home and enhancing our chances of a bowl game would be better served than traveling there next year.
    Plus think of all the good will we could gain from giving the Cajuns what they wanted - just a few months later down the road. :icon_wink:
    DFiH
    Absolutely SPLENDID idea from an equally absolute SPLENDID MIND!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I finally figured out why the I-Bowl passed on ull. Their AD called Missy and said that UL was interested in coming to the I-Bowl. Missy saw that UL wound up with a 5-7 record and so she knew they were not elligible and there was no need to return the call.
    I thought UL finished 4-8.
    Go Tech!

If they had played in the WAC they would have been 4-8, if they were lucky.

+ Reply to Thread