+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McNeese State - Game Thread

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: McNeese State - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mistered View Post
    Just got back from game. 44 points aren't going to win any games. Cooper was non factor against larger
    player. James Loe didn't hit the rim all night and Kyle Gibson was our only shooter. Outhustled and outplayed
    Dave Simmons style.
    This concerns me greatly. We did hustle and play all-to-the-wall last year and I loved watching the intensity and effort of last year's team under Rupp. They were fun to watch and gave us their best. Yet I've seen us clearly outhustled and out energized against nlULM and Centenary, and it sounds like that happened at McNeese. Last year reminded me of my two years in exile in grad school (and purgatory) at an unnamed Baton Rouge college. There was a young coach and students and roommates kept talking about coming to see basketball and the "gonzo, whacko," play hard-as-hell effort under some new coach named Dale Brown. Boy did they play all out. I feel like our Dawgs did that last year and that's what I want to see this year.

Bulldog Vol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really nice

We were also out-hustled at Grambling. LOTS of standing around especially during loose balls and offensive rebounding opportunities.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    This concerns me greatly. We did hustle and play all-to-the-wall last year and I loved watching the intensity and effort of last year's team under Rupp. They were fun to watch and gave us their best. Yet I've seen us clearly outhustled and out energized against nlULM and Centenary, and it sounds like that happened at McNeese. I feel like our Dawgs did that last year and that's what I want to see this year.
    +1

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Give it time though because we will be better later in the year.
    at this point, we better start preparing to win the wac basketball tourney.

if we win every game from here on out but lose in the wac title game, we won't make the ncaa tourney. that's how bad our losses have been so far. we have no shot at an at-large bid and need to be making every preparation for the wac tourney.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I can stomach losing at McNeese. I actually marked it as an "L" in the preseason. The goose egg up in Alaska is what surprised me.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    at this point, we better start preparing to win the wac basketball tourney.

if we win every game from here on out but lose in the wac title game, we won't make the ncaa tourney. that's how bad our losses have been so far. we have no shot at an at-large bid and need to be making every preparation for the wac tourney.
    You are right, NO WAY we get an at large bid with the losses we have now. We have some UGLY losses, the kind that keep marginal BCS teams out of tourney so you know we will get NO love. Those 4 losses in AK are the kind no excuse will cover up and depending on the seasons that McNeese and UA-LR have those might not turn out too pretty either. BAD losses are a big part of at large berths as well as BIG wins and I'd say we are 0-2 right now. I don't even want to know what our RPI is.

Add that in with the fact that everyone is saying the WAC is not strong this year and the WAC will probably be lucky to get 2 teams in.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I can stomach losing at McNeese. I actually marked it as an "L" in the preseason. The goose egg up in Alaska is what surprised me.
    But only 44 points? That's "girlymon" scoring.

I've honestly seen better scoring in church leagues. Much better.

HD

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    But only 44 points? That's "girlymon" scoring.

I've honestly seen better scoring in church leagues. Much better.

HD
    I can't argue with that!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Very disappointed. MCNEESE? We are gonna get moidered when we start conference play. :bigcry:

The only thing that matters is how we're playing by the end of the season. I still think we've got a team that will make some noise in the conference race.

Just like I said after the Army game with our football team, I'm seeing improvement. Once we peak (assuming we will), we can discuss Rupp's abilities.

+ Reply to Thread