+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Frye > Tim Rattay??

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

The Tim Rattay thread

After that HORRIBLE performance by Frye, after being in the Seahawks system for over a year now, how in the world is it possible that Tim is unemployed? It makes me so angry. Maybe they'll have a look at him now that Hasselbeck is gonna be out for a while.

From Rotoworld.com:

In his post-game press conference Sunday, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren was pessimistic about Matt Hasselbeck (hyperextended knee) playing again soon.

Hasselbeck hasn't responded to treatment and needs "more exams" on the knee. Holmgren revealed that his top QB was never close to facing Green Bay, despite listing him as questionable Friday. With as bad as Charlie Frye played Sunday, Seneca Wallace looks like the early favorite to start in Week 7 at Tampa. Hang onto Hasselbeck in all leagues until we know more.

I know Frye was previously a starter for Cleveland and wasn't expected to put up great numbers with some injuries at WR, but he was so awful.
    Last edited by EndlessDennis; 10-22-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: Charlie Frye > Tim Rattay??

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessDennis View Post
    After that HORRIBLE performance by Frye, after being in the Seahawks system for over a year now, how in the world is it possible that Tim is unemployed? It makes me so angry. Maybe they'll have a look at him now that Hasselbeck is gonna be out for a while.

From Rotoworld.com:

In his post-game press conference Sunday, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren was pessimistic about Matt Hasselbeck (hyperextended knee) playing again soon.

Hasselbeck hasn't responded to treatment and needs "more exams" on the knee. Holmgren revealed that his top QB was never close to facing Green Bay, despite listing him as questionable Friday. With as bad as Charlie Frye played Sunday, Seneca Wallace looks like the early favorite to start in Week 7 at Tampa. Hang onto Hasselbeck in all leagues until we know more.

I know Frye was previously a starter for Cleveland and wasn't expected to put up great numbers with some injuries at WR, but he was so awful.
    Just heard that Romo has a broken little finger on his throwing hand--out 4 weeks--perhaps a chance for Tim!

Puppy TimRattayRules has turned a few heads around hereTimRattayRules has turned a few heads around hereTimRattayRules has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Just heard that Romo has a broken little finger on his throwing hand--out 4 weeks--perhaps a chance for Tim!
    Rattay to Owens again would be ridiculously awesome.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimRattayRules View Post
    Rattay to Owens again would be ridiculously awesome.

If I remember, Owens had good things to say about Tim at one time.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    If I remember, Owens had good things to say about Tim at one time.
    I remember the press conferance well. TO was mad at Garcia for not throwing him the ball and said that was the reason they had been losing. I believe he even said that Tim was the better QB and should be starting. Tim started the next week and the first pass of the game was to TO and it was a TD. TO praised Tim after the game and said he was the he should have been starting the whole time. Now, I don't remember if this was the same year TO questioned the sexuality of Garcia, but something tells me it was because TO was on his way to Philly at the end of the season.

Who is Dallas' #2 QB?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    Who is Dallas' #2 QB?
    75 year old Brad Johnson.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    #3 is a guy named Richard Bartel from I don't know where. I think he is a rookie.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

#3 is a guy named Richard Bartel from I don't know where. I think he is a rookie.

I think he was the starting qb before the player strike in the keanu reeves football classic" the replacements."

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I think he was the starting qb before the player strike in the keanu reeves football classic" the replacements."
    He can't be that good...he choked in the Cotton Bowl!

Bartel is a rookie from Tarleton State. They also have a guy named Brooks Bolinger from Wisconsin who is listed as a 6-year vet. You could put these two guys together, IMO, & they would not be as good as our Tim!!

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Brad Johnson is still playing? Damn, it seems like he is as old as I am.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Charlie Frye is horrible. Seattle will continue to get dumptrucked with him at QB.

Dallas would be a great situation. If he were to get a chance to play, he could shine in that offense. If not, collect your paycheck, prove something in practice, and maybe one of the collection of the old man and the two nobodys will get sent home when Romo comes back.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Bartel is a rookie from Tarleton State. They also have a guy named Brooks Bolinger from Wisconsin who is listed as a 6-year vet. You could put these two guys together, IMO, & they would not be as good as our Tim!!
    Bartel started his career at SMU. He picked SMU over Louisiana Tech after both schools recruited him hard. He left SMU to pursue his career as a "rock star" and shortly gave that up and went to Tarleton. Needless to say his isn't anywhere close to Tim's class.

I would rather have Tim than Brad Johnson starting for Dallas at this point. Although if Dallas can't pass block any better I would fear for Tim's life!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Bartel started his career at SMU. He picked SMU over Louisiana Tech after both schools recruited him hard. He left SMU to pursue his career as a "rock star" and shortly gave that up and went to Tarleton. Needless to say his isn't anywhere close to Tim's class.

I would rather have Tim than Brad Johnson starting for Dallas at this point. Although if Dallas can't pass block any better I would fear for Tim's life!

You arent lying, Romo took some shots that game. I saw him look over at the bench one time, and his face said "Are you serious? Are they trying to get me killed?". Warner took some nice licks too. Once again, you could not pay me enough to be a skill position player in the NFL.

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

Tim is a definite upgrade over Brad Johnson, I remember a post at profootballtalk.com where they mentioned Tim as an upgrade over Brad Johnson back when he was still with Minnesota. It's sad that a guy who is an instant upgrade over several starters can't even find a job. Tim is much better than he's given credit for.

+ Reply to Thread