+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockey is a Saint

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Shockey is a Saint

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Shockey is a Saint

You beat me to it. I just read the story on FoxSports.com and most of their fans think it is a good idea, and bad for the Saints. I disagree. It might be good for the Giants because Kevin Boss did such a good job in the playoffs and SuperBowl, but it is also a good move for the Saints. Sean Payton was OC for the Giants when Shockey was extremely productive. Payton will understand how to use him and this will help the offense a LOT.

With the defensive additions this offseason, and now Shockey, if we can get one good WR to step up and save Colston from double-teams, we should be pretty strong.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8364800?MSNHPHMA

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

This helps us tremendously as the biggest problem we've had on offense over the past 2 years has been against physical, cover 2 defenses like Baltimore, Chicago, Tampa, and Indianapolis. Tight end is one of the most important positions in exposing the holes in that defense and we really didn't have anyone to stretch the middle.

Our offense has some scary potential.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Hopefully he'll keep is 'tude in check though. I'm also not enamoured about his ankle situation last year.

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Hopefully he'll keep is 'tude in check though. I'm also not enamoured about his ankle situation last year.
    That's what I'm thinking. Worried about bringing his attitude..

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Now we just need Kyle Turley back and we'll be set

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Super Bowl!!!

ESPN guys love it for the Saints as well.
    Watch the video clip.
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/...to-Saints.html

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Just another Thug. :icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Just another Thug. :icon_wink:
    I was waiting for you. But seriously, has he ever had trouble with the law, as in cops or the court? I can't recall but I really don't think so. And that's after being a U of Miami player.

This should actually be good news for the Cowboy fans. You don't have to face him twice a year....only once agaist the Saints in the NFC Championship game. That is if the Cowgirls get that far.:icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I was waiting for you. But seriously, has he ever had trouble with the law, as in cops or the court? I can't recall but I really don't think so. And that's after being a U of Miami player.

This should actually be good news for the Cowboy fans. You don't have to face him twice a year....only once agaist the Saints in the NFC Championship game. That is if the Cowgirls get that far.:icon_wink:
    And you won't have to worry about him trying to commit suicide by overdosing like a certain wr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    And you won't have to worry about him trying to commit suicide by overdosing like a certain wr.
    Very true!

Randy Moss in New England.

T.O. in Dallas.

Yep, the Saints are screwed! LOL.

I'm pumped about this trade!!!!!

Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 07-21-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I don't worry about that at all. Besides the Tight End we have is better than Shockey and he isn't a punk.

I don't worry about that at all. Besides the Tight End we have is better than Shockey and he isn't a punk.

New Orleans Saints Trivia
    During the early franchise years, when the Saints played outdoors at Tulane University, they would opt for their white uniforms, forcing opponents to wear dark jerseys in the sub-tropic heat. When the Tulane playing surface was changed from natural grass to astroturf, the heat on the field would sometimes stretch to over 130 degrees.

Archie Manning still holds the all-time record for most passing yardage by a Saints QB with 21,734.

Kicker Morten Andersen has played more games (196) and scored more points (1,318) than another player in Saints history.

Kicker Tom Dempsey still shares the record for longest field goal kicked in an NFL contest at 63 yards.

Did you know: The placing of paper bags over one's face due to shameful nature of a team's play, was originated in New Orleans, where the Saints were affectionately refered to as the "Aints."

New Orleans Saints Trivia
    During the early franchise years, when the Saints played outdoors at Tulane University, they would opt for their white uniforms, forcing opponents to wear dark jerseys in the sub-tropic heat. When the Tulane playing surface was changed from natural grass to astroturf, the heat on the field would sometimes stretch to over 130 degrees.

Archie Manning still holds the all-time record for most passing yardage by a Saints QB with 21,734.

Kicker Morten Andersen has played more games (196) and scored more points (1,318) than another player in Saints history.

Kicker Tom Dempsey still shares the record for longest field goal kicked in an NFL contest at 63 yards.

Did you know: The placing of paper bags over one's face due to shameful nature of a team's play, was originated in New Orleans, where the Saints were affectionately refered to as the "Aints."

That's very past history!

This is very
    Recent history

Saints vs Cowboys What a blow out.
    Dec 11, 2006 | 9:11AM | report this I sat in my easy chair watching the Dallas Cowboys fall apart as a well prepared N. O. Saints ran the football down my Cowboys throats. The Saints showed some of the best coaching and the best preparation I have seen in a team from the NFC in a long time. I write this blog because I know the Cowboy haters are going to be out in full force today.
    The Cowboys went into this game looking like a High School team playing a Pro team. I know everyone is going to say that Romo failed which he did throwing two interceptions one of which was in the endzone. The Dallas Offense had bad problems getting recievers open and the running game was all but nonexistant. Romo wasn't the problem though (atleast not the only problem). What really got me was how the Dallas Defense just couldn't stop the Saints. There was nothing the Cowboys could do. The Saints were running passing and mixing it up, keeping the Cowboys completely off guard The Coaching staff did nothing to adjust the team to the Saints style of play and the Cowboys quickly lost heart and basically quit.
    So who do you blame when a team fails as totally as the Cowboys did. Well I'd have to start with the Coaching staff. Its like the Cowboys didn't even watch any game footage. As much as the Saints were prepared for this game the Cowboys were totally unprepared. Maybe Terrel Owens wasn't the only person who didn't hear Parcells speech the other day. Well maybe they will listen now. Do I blame Parcells? Not totally.. As Head Coach the over all responsibility for the lose falls on his shoulders, but it takes more than one man to sink a ship. The defensive and offensive coorodinators should have moved some things around, taken some chances and played to win.
    So Congratulations Saints on a well orchestrated defeat against the Cowboys. And to all you Cowboy Haters, we all knew that the Cowboys would lose sooner or later, but they are still on top of the NFC East and still have a chance.

Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 07-21-2008 at 10:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread