+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: East Carolina and Memphis leaving CUSA

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: East Carolina and Memphis leaving CUSA

Not any time soon...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Even Benson has stated publicly that things start in the Big East. Most everybody from the USM AD to the ulala janitor are talking about it.

As much work as Tech still needs to do, I feel our leadership is now doing all they can to make it happen. Will the fans do their part?

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

As much as I would love closer match-ups and less travel, the level of competition in CUSA is no longer anywhere near the WAC. It would be bitter-sweet for me as I've come to enjoy our rivalries with Fresno, Boise, Hawaii, and Nevada. But that said, I think we could have won CUSA this year.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9 View Post
    As much as I would love closer match-ups and less travel, the level of competition in CUSA is no longer anywhere near the WAC. It would be bitter-sweet for me as I've come to enjoy our rivalries with Fresno, Boise, Hawaii, and Nevada. But that said, I think we could have won CUSA this year.

Now that is viewing our team through "Blue" glasses.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Even Benson has stated publicly that things start in the Big East. Most everybody from the USM AD to the ulala janitor are talking about it.

As much work as Tech still needs to do, I feel our leadership is now doing all they can to make it happen. Will the fans do their part?
    thats the key. Ruston and the surrounding areas dont get off their butts and support the local university we aint going nowhere.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

If we somehow got into the C-USA and Boise, Fresno, and/or Hawaii bolted for the MWC. The WAC would be no more. The sunbelt and WAC would be forced to merge. I can't believe Benson doesn't see the need to be proactive. It's rediculous. I enjoy the games versus Fresno and Hawaii but southern Miss and Tulane would be great rivalries.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

What is the benefit of the Big East adding ECU and Memphis? They are at 8 now. 1 more team allows them to play 8 conference games. 10 causes more problems in scheduling. Why not go ahead and expand to 12 if you are going to 10?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    What is the benefit of the Big East adding ECU and Memphis? They are at 8 now. 1 more team allows them to play 8 conference games. 10 causes more problems in scheduling. Why not go ahead and expand to 12 if you are going to 10?
    10 is better for b-ball (assuming b-ball is still a priority after cutting loose the other 8 non-football schools).

But I'm not holding my breath on this happening soon.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    10 is better for b-ball (assuming b-ball is still a priority after cutting loose the other 8 non-football schools).

But I'm not holding my breath on this happening soon.
    Doesn't the Big East already have like 16 for basketball?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Doesn't the Big East already have like 16 for basketball?

Yeah, but I think they'll split before they add schools for football purposes. And even if they don't, adding two is better for b-ball than adding one (which I would do - but it will depend on who gets the power - b-ball or football). I imagine it is like the ACC power struggle between football schools like GT, FSU, and Clemson over whether to expand at all and if so by how many.
    Last edited by inudesu; 12-18-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We probably need Memphis to leave CUSA if we are ever to get in.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Would the Big East be better by adding Central Florida than Memphis? Or is this from a basketball standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Would the Big East be better by adding Central Florida than Memphis? Or is this from a basketball standpoint?

Depends on who is calling the shots. Just like the ACC situation. Only, in the "Big" East, you have half the schools that don't even play football (at the top level) at all. So you know how they will always vote.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    you heard it here first!!! Not sure how soon, but changes are coming to the Big East. Let's not mess around this time. Troy and La Tech in CUSA.
    Hope you are right. If/when it happens, all I have to say is, it's about time!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

From a football standpoint the Big East would better by adding UCF and from a basketball its Memphis

+ Reply to Thread