+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: n.o. bowl thread

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

Re: n.o. bowl thread

He's the future, no doubt. Though the QB is pretty good, too. People here in H'burg have been excited about seeing those two hook up for two more years.

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

That is the fastest acting codine I've ever heard of. Must be that SUPER DUPER USM BLEND OF PAIN GONE!
    That's one tough individual. I wish him all the best!

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Y'all are making me glad I didn't see it. I couldn't get the Theisman injury out of my head for a long time...ok, I'm picturing it now. Perhaps I'll try to avoid the replays!
    Sorry for posting the Theisman injury video link!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NO2001 View Post
    He's the future, no doubt. Though the QB is pretty good, too. People here in H'burg have been excited about seeing those two hook up for two more years.
    I hope he will be ok and able to come back and play. He is a beast! Louisiana Tech Bulldogs wish him well!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Y'all are making me glad I didn't see it. I couldn't get the Theisman injury out of my head for a long time...ok, I'm picturing it now. Perhaps I'll try to avoid the replays!
    Don't look, Markay. It was one of the worst things I ever saw.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

It looked more like a horse racing break to me. It was just awful!!!!!!!! I have serious doubts that he can come back anywhere near what he was as a player. If he does return to the field, his first game back could be TECH/USM in 2010.....if it is the first game of the season.

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i have never seen anything like that in my life. he wasn't even hit. how is that even possible?

With the strength and speed of today's athletes these injuries happen all the time(to the ACL and MCL in the knee). When Brown planted his foot his body was spinning and producing an enormous amount of torque on his leg. Usually this motion tears a ligament in the knee with any amount of football contact. As tall as this kid is there was a greater chance for the leg to break instead of a ligament although still rare.

Just my humble and medical opinion.

I also had a friend once snap his femur (thigh bone) doing a spin while wakeboarding on the lake.

As long as there isn't a lot of internal damage to the tissue, blood vessels, and the bones that broke (tib-fib) he will hopefully be able to play again one day. I hope so for the poor kid and his family.

He was a "Star".

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    It looked more like a horse racing break to me. It was just awful!!!!!!!! I have serious doubts that he can come back anywhere near what he was as a player.
    My first thoughts exactly. Let's hope he recovers.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westv View Post
    Sorry for posting the Theisman injury video link!
    I didn't look at that - no apology necessary. I saw that one live and the replay at the time 1000 times. They don't do that so much any more, but it is still firmly playing in my brain all of these years later!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PTDAWG View Post
    With the strength and speed of today's athletes these injuries happen all the time(to the ACL and MCL in the knee). When Brown planted his foot his body was spinning and producing an enormous amount of torque on his leg. Usually this motion tears a ligament in the knee with any amount of football contact. As tall as this kid is there was a greater chance for the leg to break instead of a ligament although still rare.

Just my humble and medical opinion.

I also had a friend once snap his femur (thigh bone) doing a spin while wakeboarding on the lake.

As long as there isn't a lot of internal damage to the tissue, blood vessels, and the bones that broke (tib-fib) he will hopefully be able to play again one day. I hope so for the poor kid and his family.
    i don't have a medical opinion, but my humble engineering opinion is that point of failure should be a ligament rather than two bones supported by muscle, unless there was pre-existing structural damage.

I am like you. The Theisman injury is the worst I'd ever seen. I wouldn't even look at it a few min ago when I found the link. I saw Lawrence Taylor in the 1st few frames and knew that was it. It has got to be the worst I've EVER seen.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westv View Post
    Yep, I actually like the all gold uniforms/ road uniforms a little different.
    Those are about the ugliest uniforms in football!

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    The codeine had already taken a hold of the pain..........
    Theismann said that he didn't feel pain after his injury:

At the time, the Redskins had been attempting to run a "flea-flicker" play. The Giants' defense, however, was not fooled, and they tried to blitz Theismann. Taylor sandwiched Theismann into Carson and inadvertently landed his hip on Theismann's lower right leg, fracturing both the tibia and the fibula.
    "It was at that point, I also found out what a magnificent machine the human body is", Theismann said. "Almost immediately, from the knee down, all the feeling was gone in my right leg. The endorphins had kicked in, and I was not in pain."[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Theismann

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Those are about the ugliest uniforms in football!
    Except for Syracuse.
    Southern Miss comes in a close second though. That's just hideous.

+ Reply to Thread