Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
Free throws????? Sheesh!

I just participated in a FT shooting contest as part of a fund-raiser at the Boys & Girls Club (couldn't play in the games, just off knee surgery). I hit 34/40 (85%) and barely finished in the top 5! Some kid, hit 39/40 to win it! Same basketball, same distance from the line, same height of the basket.... It's NOT that hard!

BTW, on the 6 I missed, I knew instantly when the ball left my hand I had missed and knew where it was going too. Lack of concentration on my part. No excuse for not hitting 40/40, but I lacked focus on some attempts.

It's that simple.

No excuses. Period.
I am in total agreement about the FT shooting. There is no excuse. I think I heard the announcer yesterday state that we are dead LAST in FT percentage this year - out of ALL D1 basketball. That is amazing, if I heard correctly.

We are top 20 in defense. Hopefully, as we have seen our FG % improve, we will see that at the FT line, as well. I sure hope so, because we are going to need it in close games. WKU game sticks out like a sore thumb because it would have been a W. Possibly, the lsu game would have been a W, as well.