+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UMBC Updates

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up UMBC Updates

Just got back home from church & it's halftime now. We're up 39-36 & I understand the announcer to say that Wysinger was in uniform but hasn't been in the game yet. Don't have any details yet but I'll sniff around some of the school-specific sites & see what I come up with!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 12-28-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: UMBC Updates

Found the UMBC website & here's the stats through halftime.
    BTW - we're up 43-36 now @ 18 minutes.

We shot 44.4% on FG's & 66.7% FT's. We're outrebounding them 29-17 as well. Heck, we're 50% from the 3 point line!!
    AJ & Whitney have 12 points each & Dowdell only has 4 points but 5 rebounds.

15:16 51-44 Techsters.

11:49 60-48 Whitney's playing VERY well!! 21 points right now & Dowdell's got 10.

10:13 66-50 Starting to pull away. Rebounds at 40-26 now.

8:34 66-52 Still shooting 47+% for the game.

7:56 68-52. Whitney w/21; AJ w/14 & Dowdell w/12.
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 12-28-2008 at 02:21 PM.

Re: UMBC Updates

7:00 68-54. We have 19 TO's vs their 14.

5:49 72-54. Techsters over 50% in the second half. Inside stuff w/Dowdell & AJ. Points in the paint are 42-10!!

3:53 74-54. Champ might just get his 20 point win!!! Whitney still has 21 & AJ & Shanavia have 16 each.

2:26 80-57. Points in paint are 46-10. Whitney out - 21 points & a good job!!

1:58 81-57 AJ w/20.
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 12-28-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Final score was 83-62 Techsters. We hurt them inside w/48-12. We shot 47.2% on our FG's & 57.6 on FT's. Rebounds were 58-36 our way & a 40-26 edge on the defense glass. TO's went against us 22-18 & we fouled less ( 18-15 ).
    Like we thought, our inside game ruled & Whitney lit them up ( 21 points ) enough to keep them off of AJ ( 20 points ) & Dowdell w/16 points & 10 boards.
    Bring on Virginia next!

MG

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Thanks for all the updates Gene!!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Good game Techsters!

Yes, it appears that we've managed to put together 4 consecutive solid halves ( shooting & rebounding-wise ). We still have issues w/our FT shooting but if we can stay up in the mid-40% range on FG's then we can probably weather some poor nights from the line in WAC play.

MG

Puppy dunkindawgs is an unknown

I couldn't find the broadcast. Any help for tomorrow's broadcast?

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Wink Re: UMBC Updates

Todays game was on KPCH 99.3. Not sure what station it will be on tomorrow.

TD

Puppy dunkindawgs is an unknown

Thanks. How was the broadcast? Better than the UT one I presume. I guess it's gotta be tough calling a game for teams you don't know (unless of course we got the UMBC broadcast).

Quote Originally Posted by dunkindawgs View Post
    Thanks. How was the broadcast? Better than the UT one I presume. I guess it's gotta be tough calling a game for teams you don't know (unless of course we got the UMBC broadcast).
    Didn't hear the UT broadcast but this one ( on the Peach ) didn't seem bad. Here's a link to the UVA live broadcast tomorrow. It's gonna be UVA since they demolished Rider 83-38!! The cheapest package is $5.95/month but since it's set up for automatic renewal just remember to cancel the day after the game.

http://www.virginiasports.com/liveEv...B_OEM_ID=17800

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 12-28-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: add info

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Tomorrow's game should be very interesting. UVA on paper seems to be very good (10-2), with a W against Tennessee (1 point), and a loss to ODU. Not any other major games that I saw on the RPI site.

Any idea on time of game? I would assume it would be an evening game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Shreveport but was able to listen to the game via Internet yesterday - for some reason couldn't get it on the radio there. The second half was amazing! We are going to be playing a team that is (in my opinion) a true top 10 team that had a couple of bad breaks. This will be TOUGH, but we need to play aggressively and come out fighting. I want to see the effort today.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Free throws????? Sheesh!

I just participated in a FT shooting contest as part of a fund-raiser at the Boys & Girls Club (couldn't play in the games, just off knee surgery). I hit 34/40 (85%) and barely finished in the top 5! Some kid, hit 39/40 to win it! Same basketball, same distance from the line, same height of the basket.... It's NOT that hard!

BTW, on the 6 I missed, I knew instantly when the ball left my hand I had missed and knew where it was going too. Lack of concentration on my part. No excuse for not hitting 40/40, but I lacked focus on some attempts.

It's that simple.

No excuses. Period.

+ Reply to Thread