+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU Gear at Indy Bowl

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: LSU Gear at Indy Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'll tell ya'll how to make the biggest difference -

ATTEND THE I-BOWL NEXT year and wear YOUR TECH gear -

Folks this is a VERY WORTHWHILE event in NWLA each year, all we do is TALK TALK TALK yet I see VERY LITTLE action on stuff like this -

That is the ONE THING I like about the landgrants - they are NOT afraid to wear their gear ANYWHERE -

There are a handful of us who do this each and EVERY year - come join the effort...
    Wore my blue last year when the family went to see Ala-Colo in the IBowl. Saw lots of other blue, too.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I didn't mind the tents, chairs and RV's; those are things you bought and already had no big deal but did you REALLY have to wear every piece of LSU crap and fly your Tiger Nation flag? Just leave those things in the closet and wear something neutral or even better support the home team. I think the main reason for alot of these people is this is normally a SEC/Big 12 game so these people come out every year supporting LSU/SEC I saw a quite a few OU and Texas fans also, and even a Bama tent.

Puppy LSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I didn't mind the tents, chairs and RV's; those are things you bought and already had no big deal but did you REALLY have to wear every piece of LSU crap and fly your Tiger Nation flag? Just leave those things in the closet and wear something neutral or even better support the home team. I think the main reason for alot of these people is this is normally a SEC/Big 12 game so these people come out every year supporting LSU/SEC I saw a quite a few OU and Texas fans also, and even a Bama tent.
    I was at the game (not wearing any LSU stuff) to support Tech. I think most LSU fans who were at the game were cheering for Tech. I had a lot of fun with Tech people before the game. I am pretty certain that most of the people there wearing all of their LSU clothes or yelling Tiger Bait couldn't tell you how to get to Baton Rouge, much less have they been to a game in Tiger Stadium. Tech had a good turnout. It was unfortunate that y'all didn't play a team that would bring more fans or it would have been close to full.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUray View Post
    I was at the game (not wearing any LSU stuff) to support Tech. I think most LSU fans who were at the game were cheering for Tech. I had a lot of fun with Tech people before the game. I am pretty certain that most of the people there wearing all of their LSU clothes or yelling Tiger Bait couldn't tell you how to get to Baton Rouge, much less have they been to a game in Tiger Stadium. Tech had a good turnout. It was unfortunate that y'all didn't play a team that would bring more fans or it would have been close to full.
    I give you green for being nice, for your support and because I am very happy today! Thank you!

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post

The people wearing LSU stuff are at the I-Bowl every year regardless of who is playing. A few years ago when the SEC and BIG 12 couldn't get teams in, they were there too. This is something that happens every year. They tailgate regardless of who is there. The fact that they are so hated by "us" is the only reason it is/was a big deal. It's never an issue any other year. I go to the I-Bowl game every year and wear Tech gear. Is that wrong? Hell no it's not. I've been to other bowls and wore Tech stuff. Didn't feel bad about it either!

As you said, there were other schools represented too, but we don't seem to make a big deal out of it. It's a big deal only because LSU is the enemy and we were playing in the game. Shreveport has many LSU fans. Personally, I don't care one way or the other. Most of the LSU fans were there and supporting Tech, at least the ones I saw and talked to. Something that many of us would not do if the shoe was on the other foot or at least admit too.

Guess all those Tech fans I saw tailgating with LSU fans...well, I guess I better keep that a secret. Wouldn't want that getting out.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    Walking into the stadium and I saw three people covered in LSU gear. Me and my brother walked by them and asked them if LSU was playing and a guy said, "No. Its La Tech vs N. Illinois." I don't think he got it that I was being sarcastic

I saw an NIU person ask someone wearing LSU gear how they thought they would do in the game today. The LSU person didn't seem to get the joke...

It seems like they don't get a lot of things...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

THIS is the game that you/we should take the stance of, "just get your butt in the seat. We prefer blue, or neutral colors, but just get there."

Come to Ruston like that, and you will get harrassed. :icon_wink:

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Did anybody see the KTVE interview tonight with LSU talking about the Chick Filet Bowl? I could have sworn one of their players said they were looking forward to playing GA Tech...a team we can beat??? Les Miles said he told the bowl people LSU had to be in the most important bowl game they could get and they were so pleased to be in the Chick Bowl. I think I heard all of that correctly. If I didn't, then someone please help me get it right, but I really think that is what he said. I stared at the TV for a few seconds and then I started laughing. I'm still laughing.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I figure those corndog fans just wanted to come see the only Louisiana football team worth watching this year.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

We were walking back from the the alumni area and passed a nice little Tech family walking towards the stadium; Mom, Dad, 2 little boys, and Grandpa; all dressed up in Tech gear carrying Tech blankets. We were crossing paths right next to the RV that had tigger stuff painted all over it and all their tigger decorations out; the whole family is looking at this monstrosity in curiosity then the Mom turns to the Dad and says "Maybe they don't know their at the wrong game." I fell out laughing!!!

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I saw an NIU person ask someone wearing LSU gear how they thought they would do in the game today. The LSU person didn't seem to get the joke...

It seems like they don't get a lot of things...
    Reality of a bigger land grant school; they have fans that probably didn't graduate college/university. Not uncommon though.
    Then again if you asked that to me on anything but a good day i'd miss it, and i'm in grad school.

(not for underwater basket weaving/leisure studies either)

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

After reading the above:

My favorite thing to ask those donnng their LSwho garb is, "what year did you graduate?" Usually just silence is the reply.

I didn't mind seeing the purple and gold at the I-bowl because they had baught a ticket - plus we did greatly outnumber them.

I had a lot of friends from out of town come in for the game and they and many others bought out everything "LA Tech" at Academy before the game.

An Academy employee said the Tech stuff sold pretty well all season but they ran out befor the I-bowl game. That was a really wonderful thing to hear.

Let's all put Tech plates and stickers on our cars and wear our caps and jackets until the LSwho people are as sick of red white & blue as we are of purple and gold.

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

My kids missed the Pennant for this game. Alot of things that were usually for sale were not.

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Will we be getting hats, windbreakers, etc.. With the Indy Bowl Champion??

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Wore my blue last year when the family went to see Ala-Colo in the IBowl. Saw lots of other blue, too.
    Just curious...did any Alabama or Colorado people harass you for being at THEIR game in your TECH garb??

+ Reply to Thread