+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #14 Virginia Downs LA Tech 68-52 - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

#14 Virginia Downs LA Tech 68-52 - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Lyndra Littles scored a career-high 33 points to lead 14th ranked Virginia to a 68-52 win over Louisiana Tech in the championship game of the 2008 Cavalier Marriott Classic.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Virginia rolls by Lady Techsters - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. ? Lyndra Littles scored a career-high 33 points to lead 16th-ranked Virginia to a 68-52 win over Louisiana Tech in the championship game of the 2008 Cavalier Marriott Classic.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Re: Virginia rolls by Lady Techsters - Shreveport Times

Whoever wrote that article needs to do a little thing I like to call proofreading. How did Virginia roll past us if we only lost by four? Then they say that NSU was whipped, but reverse the score showing that NSU won. Throw in a set of unclosed quotation marks and an uncredited quote and even I would have to grade that article as an "F" - not too good coming from an engineer.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg View Post
    Whoever wrote that article needs to do a little thing I like to call proofreading. How did Virginia roll past us if we only lost by four? Then they say that NSU was whipped, but reverse the score showing that NSU won. Throw in a set of unclosed quotation marks and an uncredited quote and even I would have to grade that article as an "F" - not too good coming from an engineer.
    We lost by 14. Although, we did make a great run in the second half to cut a 20 point deficit to an 11 point one. With Free Throws, we would have been in this one.

On the NSU one, the proof reading was horrible. The title made NSU look good, though, until you read the article.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I just read the story. I can't find what you're talking about. Please explain.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I just read the story. I can't find what you're talking about. Please explain.
    All I found was the NSU score being backwards, which was probably shocking for someone that just picked up the paper. :icon_wink:

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Ahh, I think I know what the problem was. I saw the score from another source that showed us losing by only 4, they actually had the score correct in this one (for the Tech game).

As far as the quotations go, the fourth paragraph ends without a quotation mark, but the fifth starts with one. The fifth paragraph is the one that I was saying was not credited, I assume it was from Coach Long. Not that it particularly matters, just stood out to me. The biggest thing was my mistake, because I thought the score was 58 to 62 instead of 68 to 52. Not sure where I got that from though. I will agree that 14 points is on the verge of rolling past.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Ahh, I think I know what the problem was. I saw the score from another source that showed us losing by only 4, they actually had the score correct in this one (for the Tech game).

As far as the quotations go, the fourth paragraph ends without a quotation mark, but the fifth starts with one. The fifth paragraph is the one that I was saying was not credited, I assume it was from Coach Long. Not that it particularly matters, just stood out to me. The biggest thing was my mistake, because I thought the score was 58 to 62 instead of 68 to 52. Not sure where I got that from though. I will agree that 14 points is on the verge of rolling past.
    The writer used standard AP Stylebook concerning your question on quotation marks. Common on deadline writing. What more could an engineer expect?

As for your proofreading remark, today's writers can use more editors. Unfortunately, newspapers are finding ways to hurt the editing cycle by laying off folks left and right.

Ahh, well I am glad to know that there is at least a reason for the quotation thing - we don't get taught fancy stuff like that.

Ahh, well I am glad to know that there is at least a reason for the quotation thing - we don't get taught fancy stuff like that.

+ Reply to Thread