+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I gotta Wii for Christmas...

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

So I gotta Wii for Christmas...

I really can't beleive it! My wife bitched and moaned about my Super Nintendo when we first met and that was the first thing that came up missing when we moved in together. Now she buys me a Wii for Christmas!?!?
    You think she's trying to get rid of me?

Oh well! At least I'll have a Wii!

What do I need to get for it? Extra controller? Certain games?
    ect.
    Can I play NCAA Football with it? Do I need a certain controller for that?
    I hooked up the internet but what can I do with it on the internet?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Re: So I gotta Wii for Christmas...

This probably means you won't be getting any hanky-panky for a long time.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I really can't beleive it! My wife bitched and moaned about my Super Nintendo when we first met and that was the first thing that came up missing when we moved in together. Now she buys me a Wii for Christmas!?!?
    You think she's trying to get rid of me?

Oh well! At least I'll have a Wii!

What do I need to get for it? Extra controller? Certain games?
    ect.
    Can I play NCAA Football with it? Do I need a certain controller for that?
    I hooked up the internet but what can I do with it on the internet?
    Your wife is a DOLL!!!! You are a lucky man.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Wii sports (but don't try the golf game here... it will piss you off)

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

MArio Kart, Tiger Woods Golf, Wii Fit, Football, Olympics.

Enjoy- that is what we are doing tonight with the family.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Hardware: You need at least 2 nunchucks. I recommend having all 4 controllers. You don't need extra memory. DO buy at least one thing of points to buy vintage games off the net. I find myself playing those a LOT. I would buy at least one old school controller for the wii for this very purpose. Also, the Wii is not HD, but you can increase the resolution by buying an additional connector for it. I do recommend this if you have a 42+" TV. You can find it for $15 at Walmart.
    NOTE: Buying WiiPlay is a good idea since it comes with an extra controller giving you the game for almost free.

Software:
    Mariot Kart Wii is a must.
    Rock band is really fun with the spouse and teen-aged kids. This is a really hit and miss game for parties.
    Super Mario Galaxy is fantastic.
    Mario Party is ok... Really good if you have kids.
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl was pretty good.
    All of the Lego series are pretty good. GREAT if you have a 12 year old son to play with.
    I sold my Wii Fit. It's not really my cup of tea. My wife thought it was OK...
    Madden is just soooo much betteron other consoles... This just wasn't made for football games.

If you have a genre of game that you enjoy, let me know and I may know of some games that are decent in that genre.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Tiger Woods golf, and Guitar Hero (new one w/ drums and mic.)

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I would recommend a charging station for your controllers, comes with two battery packs and charging stand.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Wii sports (but don't try the golf game here... it will piss you off)

Zelda: Twilight Princess

How far can you hit your drives? I tried it once and was only able to get about 120 or 130 yard drives, but since that's about my usual real golf drive I thought it was probably accurate.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    How far can you hit your drives? I tried it once and was only able to get about 120 or 130 yard drives, but since that's about my usual real golf drive I thought it was probably accurate.

I don't remember.... I just remember that chipping and putting were impossible on that game. I would hope that Tigger Woods golf would be better, but I haven't tried it.

Now that you have me thinking about it, I'd like to see if Dwayne swings a Wii remote the same as this normal swing. The step back thing would kill me to see on the Wii!!!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I don't remember.... I just remember that chipping and putting were impossible on that game. I would hope that Tigger Woods golf would be better, but I haven't tried it.

Now that you have me thinking about it, I'd like to see if Dwayne swings a Wii remote the same as this normal swing. The step back thing would kill me to see on the Wii!!!
    Tiger Woods golf is AMAZING on the Wii..

Much better and more realistic than Wii Sports Golf.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Laff all you want -

Who saves your ass everytime you are OB wide left or OB wide right....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Laff all you want -

HoDo!!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Laff all you want -

HoDo!!

Yep, been there, done that more than I should have - but always ready to do it again.

Doc's drives are amazingly long even if they are OB. I remember one par 5 he kept it in bounds and I used a pitching wedge to hit the green on the 2nd shot - rare territory for me.

On a related subject: Coming up on ABC news is a report that titanium golf clubs may be a hazard to your hearing. No wonder I'm losing my hearing.

+ Reply to Thread