+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With an LSU Loss tonight...

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: With an LSU Loss tonight...

And it was a home game for Ga Tech. Really embarrassed for them. Also not thrilled to see that the flagship has found a QB after all.

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

I've been sitting back listening to a lot of you hammer Les Miles the last few days so I decided to do a little research. His 4 year record is 42-11 with 4 major bowl victories one being the BCS national title. Within the next few days he will have put together arguably one of the best coaching staffs in the country, and they are currently on track to finish the year as having the number one ranked recruiting class in the nation. I have to agree with you guys, it looks like it's all downhill for LSU.

Once again,(Doc Marvin, etc. etc.), my purpose is not to defend LSU but rather to point out to what seems like a vast majority of TECH fans....let this LSU envy go! I'm amazed at the number of threads that somehow get taken over by references to LSU. Even yesterday when they won a basketball game against ULL, someone started a thread about them ALMOST losing! You people are like the poor kid at the ice cream truck that didn't get any and is being teased when it comes to LSU. All this talk of accosting people who show up at a TECH game with LSU garb on is ridiculous. Do you do that to people with Texas, Grambling, USC, etc. etc. garb on as well? Our stadium is barely half full usually, if they buy a ticket and show up for a game they've done better than a lot of true TECH fans in my opinion. I would imagine that most of them are actually pulling for TECH to win because they don't have an inferiority complex towards TECH that so many of you exhibit towards LSU. I have lived in this state all my life and I personally like to see ALL the schools in our state do well...all of them. ULM, ULL, Grambling, LSU, Mcneese, etc. I also generally pull for a southern school whether it be an SEC school or any other conference over the northern schools.
    It just seems really demeaning to me for a fan of TECH to allow the hatred of another school that really isn't even a rival to dominate our message board and thoughts and threads. The football team and other sports teams at TECH are making the effort necesary to become "elite". The fans however will not make this transition until you can overcome your jealousy of LSU. I'm quite sure there will be a flood of red dots and hateful responses to this post. So be it. Go back sometime and read posts and threads that have been dominated by talk of LSU when there was absolutely no reason for LSU to even be mentioned and see how childish it sounds. A few weeks ago I made a post that started out LSU.LSU.LSU. and then I sarcastically said "it's been nearly 24 hrs. since a TECH fan started a post about LSU and I thought I'd better start one". Doc Marvin red dotted me. He missed my point. This is a LOUISIANA TECH message board but over half the comments are related to LSU. If they were a true rival it would make a little sense, but they are not, and it is embarrassing the way a lot of you carry on. Let it go.:bigcry:

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by personofbluecolor View Post
    I've been sitting back listening to a lot of you hammer Les Miles the last few days so I decided to do a little research. His 4 year record is 42-11 with 4 major bowl victories one being the BCS national title. Within the next few days he will have put together arguably one of the best coaching staffs in the country, and they are currently on track to finish the year as having the number one ranked recruiting class in the nation. I have to agree with you guys, it looks like it's all downhill for LSU.

Once again,(Doc Marvin, etc. etc.), my purpose is not to defend LSU but rather to point out to what seems like a vast majority of TECH fans....let this LSU envy go!
    Wow. My eyes hurt reading all that without my contacts, I think my retirements availible it took so long to read! j/k.:icon_wink:

I see your point, it does seem like an inferiority complex, but i don't see it as that. More-so we are a smaller competitor, that does indeed have to be compared, although most unaffiliated persons find us fleeting, we see the hope. I see us as a future (old) Michigan State, that can knock off the bigger teams here and there.
    As for talking about them, i only mention them a lot of late because of their recent bowl game and the implications of playing another SEC team next year.
    As for Miles, i'm sure he's an okay coach, but not to compete with the SEC teams. I fully believe that nothing he "has done" has really been his doing. You CANNOT lose to a sunbelt team as a "national championship" caliber coach, you know that(Saban yes, but that wasn't after a nat. champ). We all know that this would be a worse year, but 3-5 SEC? You can't lose to Arkansas, Ole Miss, and well everyone. They can't have the name Death Valley with a 3-5; perhaps Happy Valley? Ok. Overkill on that, but he had good recruits from Saban, the guys runs out of his recruits and this is the result a mediocre year. Beating a ACC team like that was a good thing, but doesn't compensate for losing to Bowl-ineligible teams. I don't know much about football, but I know accidents happen (Fla), but not repeatedly without a cause. Thats all i'm saying, and in the end who else is to blame but the old ball coach?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even turn on the computer and turned off the game in the 3rd quarter. That was embarrassing for GTech. They had a complete melt down. I will be man enough to say congrats to lsu, but it makes me sick at my stomach.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Once again,(Doc Marvin, etc. etc.), my purpose is not to defend LSU but rather to point out to what seems like a vast majority of TECH fans....let this LSU envy go! I'm amazed at the number of threads that somehow get taken over by references to LSU. Even yesterday when they won a basketball game against ULL, someone started a thread about them ALMOST losing! You people are like the poor kid at the ice cream truck that didn't get any and is being teased when it comes to LSU. All this talk of accosting people who show up at a TECH game with LSU garb on is ridiculous. Do you do that to people with Texas, Grambling, USC, etc. etc. garb on as well? Our stadium is barely half full usually, if they buy a ticket and show up for a game they've done better than a lot of true TECH fans in my opinion. I would imagine that most of them are actually pulling for TECH to win because they don't have an inferiority complex towards TECH that so many of you exhibit towards LSU. I have lived in this state all my life and I personally like to see ALL the schools in our state do well...all of them. ULM, ULL, Grambling, LSU, Mcneese, etc. I also generally pull for a southern school whether it be an SEC school or any other conference over the northern schools.
    It just seems really demeaning to me for a fan of TECH to allow the hatred of another school that really isn't even a rival to dominate our message board and thoughts and threads. The football team and other sports teams at TECH are making the effort necesary to become "elite". The fans however will not make this transition until you can overcome your jealousy of LSU. I'm quite sure there will be a flood of red dots and hateful responses to this post. So be it. Go back sometime and read posts and threads that have been dominated by talk of LSU when there was absolutely no reason for LSU to even be mentioned and see how childish it sounds. A few weeks ago I made a post that started out LSU.LSU.LSU. and then I sarcastically said "it's been nearly 24 hrs. since a TECH fan started a post about LSU and I thought I'd better start one". Doc Marvin red dotted me. He missed my point. This is a LOUISIANA TECH message board but over half the comments are related to LSU. If they were a true rival it would make a little sense, but they are not, and it is embarrassing the way a lot of you carry on. Let it go.:bigcry:
    And over half of those lsu-related posts are spent trying to correct naive posts like this one. I'll be brief this time, as this has been explained on here over and over and over again (I though we had a stickied thread summarizing our beef with lsu, but I can't find it).

1. lsu is the biggest, richest school in the state, so that by itself is going to garner some ill feelings (see, for example, USC and ND--people hate them because of their success, although ND's is now relegated to the history books).
    2. lsu did not earn its spot at the top of the athletic heap in Louisiana, it was handed the spot on a golden platter through decades of special concessions and taxpayer dollars. Then when they finally got to where they were making a profit, the rules mysteriously changed and schools in Louisiana can no longer use even the legal tricks that lsu used to use.
    3. The legislature's insistence on artificially propping up lsu as the "flagship" hurts Tech every day in many ways, both in academics and athletics. I know this sounds paranoid to a lot of people, but talk to anybody in at least middle level or higher administration at Tech. The state is apparently not going to allow even the slightest hint of competition with lsu from any of the other schools in the state (even though in-state competition between state universities has done wonders in states like Alabama and South Carolina--states with similar population and economic issues as Louisiana).
    4. Most of us Tech fans who have learned to hate lsu have done so in response to people who insist to us that we "have to" support lsu because they are the flagship. I have no ties to this state other than Louisiana Tech, and through the years I have found it utterly asinine that I would hear students at my own university tell me that I should pull for another university because of some arbitrary and unearned "flagship" distinction. I have new for you: Louisiana is not my state, so lsu sure as hell isn't my flagship. And why on earth people in Louisiana choose to suspend the time-honored American tradition of SUPPORTING YOUR OWN SCHOOL to root for someone else's school continues to completely baffle me.

So excuse me if I don't kiss the ring of a welfare whore who doesn't even acknowledge where her wealth has come from, and definitely excuse me if a small part of me takes a little bit of pleasure when she embarrasses herself in public.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Once again,(Doc Marvin, etc. etc.), my purpose is not to defend LSU
    Lighten up, Francis.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Not surprising to me. LSU has good athletes on D and Ga Tech runs the option. The option is harder to face during the year when you only have one week to prep for it. Give a coach a month to prepare for it, and it will be harder to run, especially when the other team has equal to superior athletes. Not to mention, LSU's pass defense is spotty and Ga Tech QB cannot throw it in the ocean. The really good option offenses at Nebraska at least had a solid threat to throw the ball. I did not see that from GT.

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

And over half of those lsu-related posts are spent trying to correct naive posts like this one. I'll be brief this time, as this has been explained on here over and over and over again (I though we had a stickied thread summarizing our beef with lsu, but I can't find it).

So you're saying it's naive of me to want the people on the LOUISIANA TECH message board to stop bitching and moaning every time LSU farts? or NEARLY loses a game? or loses one recruit? etc. etc. etc.?? LSU is what it is..regardless of how it got there. What irritates me is the constant dominance of nearly every thread on this board by talk of LSU. It is childish and demeanig towards LA. TECH. If you were the phantom red dotter you are in the minority. Overwhelmingly the feedback to my original post was very supportive and in agreement. I guess there are plenty of adults who use this board after all.

So you're saying it's naive of me to want the people on the LOUISIANA TECH message board to stop bitching and moaning every time LSU farts? or NEARLY loses a game? or loses one recruit? etc. etc. etc.?? LSU is what it is..regardless of how it got there. What irritates me is the constant dominance of nearly every thread on this board by talk of LSU. It is childish and demeanig towards LA. TECH. If you were the phantom red dotter you are in the minority. Overwhelmingly the feedback to my original post was very supportive and in agreement. I guess there are plenty of adults who use this board after all.
    Okay, lsu bashing really represents only a small percentage of all the threads on BBB. Your claim that "nearly every thread" on this board is about lsu is a gross exaggeration.

And, like it or not, lsu's domination of the state's higher education "system" is very relevant to Louisiana Tech. Similarly, as the school that every child in Louisiana is told they "have" to support because they are "the state school"--remember last year when so many public schools had their students wear lsu crap to school for "lsu football day"?--it is very relevant to Louisiana Tech, as most of our students arrive on campus believing they are "supposed" to cheer for lsu.

And finally, like it or not, as the #1 choice for high school recruits in every major (and probably minor) sport in the state of Louisiana, lsu is very relevant to Louisiana Tech athletics.

lsu is going to be discussed on this board because they are the big hairy elephant in the room that is always getting in the way. Being a Louisiana Tech alumnus, student (again), and fan, I reserve the right to speak derisively of that other school.

It seems that your problem has less to do with lsu being discussed than that many of us speak disdainfully of them. In contrast, we spend about about as much time trashing nlulm, but you are not rising to their defense. Why the double standard?

I'm still confused about why people get offended when they come to a college sports message board and find us bashing some other school. Crazy.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I'm sad that PoBC is posting here rather than in the "Markay don't look thread"
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

+ Reply to Thread