+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winning Records

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Winning Records

That's it. That's the last thing remaining: the Lady Techsters have never had a losing season, ever. It is quite clear that Long will be allowed to end that run too, before someone gets tired enough to fire him. It'll probably happen this year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Winning Records

Doubtful..... We will continue to get better this year and are heading into conference play now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Doubtful..... We will continue to get better this year and are heading into conference play now.
    Pray tell, what have you seen that makes you think this team can manage a winning record in the WAC? Is it the 0-fers from the 3 pt line or the 40% from the charity stripe that compells you to have such lofty expectations?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pray tell, what have you seen that makes you think this team can manage a winning record in the WAC? Is it the 0-fers from the 3 pt line or the 40% from the charity stripe that compells you to have such lofty expectations?
    It is the drive they have. They have had their share of bad games, but they don't quit. That is different than last year - MUCH different. FT% is improving. FG% was improving until Saturday. This is a team that will continue to develop. We have some stars - they just haven't alligned completely yet.

No, we aren't world beaters, but we will be WAC beaters. It is a step in a long process of improving.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

If they don't improve it will be very interesting to see how Dooley handles it. I think most Techster fans will be happy with what he does. I only say that because I don't see Dooley doing anything half-a$$ed. I think we will be winning WAC titles again in a couple years. No excuse for us not to.

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    If they don't improve it will be very interesting to see how Dooley handles it. I think most Techster fans will be happy with what he does. I only say that because I don't see Dooley doing anything half-a$$ed. I think we will be winning WAC titles again in a couple years. No excuse for us not to.

Winning the WAC (Weak A$$ Conference) ain't much to brag about, IMHO.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

You win whatever conference you are in period!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    You win whatever conference you are in period!!!
    Exactly! And, that is where you build FROM.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Frown Re: Winning Records

Dawg80 - It's not what we do but rather the weak conference that we play in that will let us post a winning record. Still, it's a immediate & short-term goal that we must obtain.

MG

I surely HOPE we have a winning record this year, and every year. It is the only string unbroken back to the beginning. The last vestige of a once proud program.

But, I maintain as I stated above, Long will be allowed to stay here long enough to destroy that too. i.e. that's what will finally get him fired.

And although some of you are counting on this being a Weak A$$ Conference, I'm not so sure it's bad enough to make Long look good! Don't "count your chickens" in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I surely HOPE we have a winning record this year, and every year. It is the only string unbroken back to the beginning. The last vestige of a once proud program.

But, I maintain as I stated above, Long will be allowed to stay here long enough to destroy that too. i.e. that's what will finally get him fired.

And although some of you are counting on this being a Weak A$$ Conference, I'm not so sure it's bad enough to make Long look good! Don't "count your chickens" in other words.

We have not shown that we can win on an away court yet (we have one win on a neutral court), so the WAC will be a challenge - no matter how weak it is. I agree that we can't count those chickens yet. We MUST win the WAC and tournament for this year to be a step in the right direction, though. Otherwise, we are no better off than last year.

It all starts with Nevada. To me that is the first game of our season. All the practice (OOC) is over now. I feel the same way about the men. They passed their first test. Let's see if the Techsters pass theirs.

Nevada beat a top 10 team this year and, then, lost to teams much worse than McNeese. I don't know what to think of them. I think they are up and down - just like us. We go to their court first, though, so we better be more than ready!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Dawg80 - I'm certainly not counting my chickens that we win the conference because look what happened at McNeese!! I want & expect the team to win the WAC but the probable downside is that doing that will "save" Long's job. I've stated many times before that I have NOTHING personal against him but simply feel that he's not college HC material & his results since he took over the program have been nothing but negative.
    Someone else mentioned in a previous post that he stood up/got emotional about 3 times vs McNeese while Spoon looked like she wanted to explode ( yet didn't ). Is that because CL is holding her back?? I'm not sure that firing CL & moving Teresa into the HC spot is the answer either. She doesn't have enough experience, IMHO, to handle the off-court responsibilites on a head coach. She seems to be doing well helping recruit & manage our defense but there's more to things than that.
    Let's just win the conference & deal w/CL in the offseason.

MG

Puppy lovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the ears

i am somewhat puzzled with you champion110, you say that you want to have a winning season i just do not think that can happen with chris long as head coach. I am not trying to be mean it is just reality. I wish you could forget about the nice guy thing and think is he really the person for the job and this program

Quote Originally Posted by lovethat24 View Post
    i am somewhat puzzled with you champion110, you say that you want to have a winning season i just do not think that can happen with chris long as head coach. I am not trying to be mean it is just reality. I wish you could forget about the nice guy thing and think is he really the person for the job and this program
    I have a thing about public vs. private comments about a coach. Players and recruits read this board. They need to look up to and trust their coach and not see comments from fans that tear him down.

I truly believe that Chris loves Tech and is trying to build something that was torn down.

Budke won with all Barmore's recruits. When he left, we graduated all but just a couple of those. Chris got us back to the tournament with what was left of Barmore's girls. With a first round loss in the tournament, we were no longer high on recruits lists. So, it was more than difficult to get us back to where we all want to be. He started by pulling in some true freshmen that have had to grow into their roles. TSpoon has added some intensity and some recruiting power. I am just waiting to see if that transfers to the court. So far, statistically, it has in defense.

In building a program from scratch again, it is small baby steps. This is the year that I expect to win the conference and the conference tournament. That will show me the step I need to see.

We have our post player coming in next year and much more talent. That has to keep happening. I believe that it will. We need Spoon for that, as well as her defensive coaching skills.

In the off season, I will assess the situation and see where we are. Hopefully, we will have something to be proud of again.

As for the motivation and drive of this team, I see a night and day difference between this year and last year. I did not see the McNeese game, so I have no idea what happened, but I do know that we would have won that game if it hadn't been for a freaky night of shooting by that player.

As for the basics, I want to see us improve on these things:
    FREE THROW SHOOTING - we are absolutely horrible on that and it will cost us if we don't improve.
    Turn Overs - we aren't horrible, but we need some improvement in taking care of the ball.
    FG% - I have seen steady improvement up until the McNeese game. I hope that was just a bump in the road, but we need to continue to improve there.

If those things improve, I don't think anyone can beat us in conference play. Our defense is just too tough. And, conference play is where that first step of building is located. That is what I am waiting on. It starts tomorrow night for us.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    Winning the WAC (Weak A$$ Conference) ain't much to brag about, IMHO.
    Tech WBB has never been in a strong conference, and it didn't stop us before. It hurt seeding, but that's about it.

I'm with Champ110, the season ain't over, it's only just begun. Granted Nevada is a great first test (aren't they picked to win the WAC?). If we can handle them on the road....who knows what the future holds. I stand behind this YOUNG team 100%. I'll hold my thoughts about CL until the end of the season.

+ Reply to Thread