+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bicknell to coach bc?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: bicknell to coach bc?

I think Jack could do well there. He "summers" in New England anyway, so he could do some recruiting year round. He wouldn't have the cash flow limitations that he had here and he could afford to keep his assistants around if they were successful.

I wish him all the best.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Well, BC can look at it this way...at least if they hire him, they can rest and recover during halftime instead of making adjustments.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I know what to do on 3 and 2 - you attempt a 55 yard field goal!!! That was an easy one.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

if they hire bick over logan; they deserve what they get.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

"halftime adjustments are overrated" - Jack Bicknell

I'm glad he's gone.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

It would have been interesting to see what kind of coach Bicknell could have been or would have been with a different AD and a different schedule that didn't sell him down the river every year and one that would inject some originality and creativity and $$ into the program. We'll never know. Was he the best coach on the planet? No. Of course not. Could he have been better under different circumstances? We won't know what that might have changed either.

He is a very nice man. He loves his wife and his family and was always a gentleman and very gracious. I wish him well, I hope he thrives and succeeds. We have what we need now. I hope he has what he needs.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NO2001 View Post
    I hope he gets the job and does well. Of course, I didn't realize he needed to be fired until the 3-10 season, so I'm a little slow.
    you should have known. i kept telling you, and everybody, over and over and over ...
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    It would have been interesting to see what kind of coach Bicknell could have been or would have been with a different AD and a different schedule that didn't sell him down the river every year and one that would inject some originality and creativity and $$ into the program. We'll never know. Was he the best coach on the planet? No. Of course not. Could he have been better under different circumstances? We won't know what that might have changed either.

He is a very nice man. He loves his wife and his family and was always a gentleman and very gracious. I wish him well, I hope he thrives and succeeds. We have what we need now. I hope he has what he needs.
    i liked jack a lot. i was a big critic. we had some disagreements. but i liked the man. i wish him nothing but the best. same with crowton. i hope they are very successful, although i'd rather crowton be successful somewhere besides lsu.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

He's a good guy, but couldn't control his team nor had an overall plan to succeed. He lacked what Dooley is trying to build...a team that meets these principles: integrity, discipline, passion, selflessness and class. He had no vision on where to go with our football team.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    (Bicknell) couldn't control his team nor had an overall plan to succeed. He lacked what Dooley is trying to build...a team that meets these principles: integrity, discipline, passion, selflessness and class. He had no vision on where to go with our football team.
    Other than that, he was a pretty decent coach and had nice hair.

Well, maybe not, but he had nice hair- no doubt about it.
    :icon_wink:

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

He's a good guy, but couldn't control his team nor had an overall plan to succeed. He lacked what Dooley is trying to build...a team that meets these principles: integrity, discipline, passion, selflessness and class. He had no vision on where to go with our football team.
    I agree. He's no Dooley. I'm glad he is where he is. It's home for him. And I am so, so, so glad we have Derek Dooley.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

And while we're on the subject, Bicknell was a LAZY recruiter who relied too heavily on JUCO's and didn't start recruiting until January each year.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    And while we're on the subject, Bicknell was a LAZY recruiter who relied too heavily on JUCO's and didn't start recruiting until January each year.

HD
    HD. Really. Not until January?

Did Bicknell not sign Quin Harris? Patrick Jackson? Weldon Brown? We just won the I-Bowl with part of a Bicknell recruiting class. Who else? David Accardo. Ross Jenkins. All signed when Bicknell was coach.

HD. Really. Not until January?

Did Bicknell not sign Quin Harris? Patrick Jackson? Weldon Brown? We just won the I-Bowl with part of a Bicknell recruiting class. Who else? David Accardo. Ross Jenkins. All signed when Bicknell was coach.
    let's be honest. jack did sign some good recruits. he was a good salesman at in-house visits. i was told that by a former player. jack could smooze parents and make players want to come play at tech.

however, jack also wasn't a very good talent evaluator. he was an offensive line coach. he didn't know who quin harris was from adam. we lucked into that one. that story is well known. this is also the same guy who kept ryan moats on the bench for far too long.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

HD
    Honestly Michael, you need to quit being so reserved and let us know how you really FEEL about Bick,

[ducks, runs for cover]
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

+ Reply to Thread