+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Varmint Hunters?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Any Varmint Hunters?

I think, since I'm not real concerned with the pelts, I'm gonna go with my .270 WSM because it's what I've got and I can't afford a new rifle and scope. I think I'd go with a .22-250 or .223 if I was gonna buy something. Only new firearm on my horizon will be a hi-cap semi-auto (to be purchased before Jan. 20th).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I've never been coyote hunting, but I go beaver hunting all the time.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I've never been coyote hunting, but I go beaver hunting all the time.
    If you like a real challenge, set your sights on the elusive hairless beaver.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

You don't have to hunt long for varmints on here! I just found two! Naughty varmints! :icon_wink:

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

JL in reference to your Jan 20 statement I have talked to the people at McKinney's and Academy and they both told me getting a gun will not be the problem nor will the price change much. Ammo will be the problem, taxes and shelf life.Your choice of 223 and 22-250 are good ones. I have a 223(Colt AR -15) and love it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    JL in reference to your Jan 20 statement I have talked to the people at McKinney's and Academy and they both told me getting a gun will not be the problem nor will the price change much. Ammo will be the problem, taxes and shelf life.Your choice of 223 and 22-250 are good ones. I have a 223(Colt AR -15) and love it.
    Well yeah...I also figure it won't be one of the very first things they do. I've heard that Biden is wanting a dollar per round tax...which means I've got about a grand worth of taxes sitting in two .22 LR boxes in the other room. I've been wanting a 9mm because of costs of ammo, but I keep veering back to the .45 ACP, but I don't know if I can swing those ammo costs...even where they are right now.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

My son inlaw bought a P-90 Ruger 45 from Academy the other day. Think he payed 425 plus tax. Ammo cost was about $4.00 a box difference between that and a 9 MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    My son inlaw bought a P-90 Ruger 45 from Academy the other day. Think he payed 425 plus tax. Ammo cost was about $4.00 a box difference between that and a 9 MM.
    Up here the cheapest .45 ammo I can find is $20. I can get blazer brass at Wally-world for under $10 in 9mm. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I have a 7MM Ultra Mag. Ammo at McKinney's is $38 a box. At Academy it is $52. then you can check another caliber and it will be the other way around. If Wal Mart has it they are usually cheaper. If it is a rifle load you better get it early in the season because Wal Mart only stocks right before season.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    If you like a real challenge, set your sights on the elusive hairless beaver.
    Hum, that species must be such a contrast to the werewolf beavers I usually catch.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I actually miss the hairy (not real hairy mind you) beavers of the 80's. The new subspecies of the late 90's and beyond is getting old.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

This is a very serious animal species question, "Why is the hairy beaver losing its hair?" Does the government have any research going on for this? We don't need this animal going extinct.

Anybody in the timber business will tell you all beavers need to be extinct.It is very hard to trap all the beavers out of an area. Very smart animal.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

...boy do I know that! I haven't gotten one in 4 or 5 months.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    ...boy do I know that! I haven't gotten one in 4 or 5 months.
    Wow! You must be very frustrated.

+ Reply to Thread