+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawgs @ Hawaii

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: Dawgs @ Hawaii

Free throw shooting wins games. That was bad.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I hadn't stayed up for the end of that one. We GAVE them the game!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Free throws or not -

I much encourage by this opening road trip...

They just need more discipline and concentration -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Gotta hand it to the guys for staying in this game despite what's got to be tremendous fatigue. They've been on the road since the day after Christmas; they didn't come home after the UCLA game. 12 days on the road is just too much.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    Gotta hand it to the guys for staying in this game despite what's got to be tremendous fatigue. They've been on the road since the day after Christmas; they didn't come home after the UCLA game. 12 days on the road is just too much.
    That's the world of the WAC and one of the many reasons we need to get into CUSA somehow someway....

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    That's the world of the WAC and one of the many reasons we need to get into CUSA somehow someway....
    Perhaps if Rupp could schedule as many non-conference games as possible with CUSA teams, it would provide the opportunity to prove that the Dwags can compete with CUSA. Also, it would provide an opportunity to showcase the fan support for CUSA opponents at the TAC.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto! And I'm encouraged by this game as well.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Ditto! And I'm encouraged by this game as well.
    Well, I'm SLEEPY!

Our team is really starting to establish their BRAND of basketball. That 2-3 zone we ran in the second half completely stifled Hawaii. I also thought we got alot of GOOD shots out of our offense.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't stay up for it and, now, glad I didn't. I, like many of you, am encouraged though. I hope we can continue to improve and really do some damage in the WAC.

I'll be happy being competitive and a .500 season for this year -

Then maybe we can make some serious improvement next year

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I wish I hadn't stayed up for the end of that one. We GAVE them the game!
    I'm dragging right now because I stayed up and listened. There were several times I almost gave up but I hung in there to the "bitter" end. It is really frustrating to come from so far back to take a 4 point lead and then lose at the end.

I've followed TECH basketball for over 40 years and these games where we lose a lead are the toughest on me. I had a headache after the game ended. I believe that a brain scan would show the pain I felt after last night's loss was real and not imaginary. Of course, it was probably due to lack of sleep.

I am excited by the DAWGS recent play. I expect us to do well at home in the next 3 games. They are tough opponents but we can win them if we play smart and play as a team.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'll be happy being competitive and a .500 season for this year -

Then maybe we can make some serious improvement next year
    That is the rallying cry for Louisiana Tech basketball ain't it! (both men's and women's) Wait til next year!

What is this....the Cubs?

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I'm dragging right now because I stayed up and listened. There were several times I almost gave up but I hung in there to the "bitter" end. It is really frustrating to come from so far back to take a 4 point lead and then lose at the end.

I've followed TECH basketball for over 40 years and these games where we lose a lead are the toughest on me. I had a headache after the game ended. I believe that a brain scan would show the pain I felt after last night's loss was real and not imaginary. Of course, it was probably due to lack of sleep.

I am excited by the DAWGS recent play. I expect us to do well at home in the next 3 games. They are tough opponents but we can win them if we play smart and play as a team.
    I thought we looked pretty sharp last night. (The video feed was excellent!) Hawaii came out and DID NOT MISS for a large portion of the first half. We battled through it and gained control of the game at the end.

I know nobody is more disappointed than Kyle for missing the front end of a 1@1 twice (the second of which would've sealed the game). It was a bummer!

Oh well, we're playing better and the conference season is just starting. Go Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What is this....the Cubs?
    I think we have a more realistic shot at having long-term success than my beloved Cubbies -

That being said I've thought before all the mess that 17 or so wins would be great for this team - so .500 competitive ball isn't that much of an adjustment -

Puppy greendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nice greendawg's Avatar

I admit that I did not stay up and listen to the game but when I heard the score I was depressed. The last few years Tech has let a few games like this slip away, regardless of the reason and it not one player's fault, and these games always seem to haunt us. If we go on and win the conference tourney this loss will not matter, but we seem to have enough of these games to keep us out of even the NIT. I am just disappointed, I now it still early in the conference season, but I was hoping we finally had the players and coaches to win these types of games not lose them. I hope we are ready for our home stand.

+ Reply to Thread