+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rented NCAA 09

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Rented NCAA 09

I have just been playing Madden lately..

And I love NCAA..it's extremely addictive..

But the pass defense is TERRIBLE..
    Idaho threw all over me. IDAHO.

Running the ball is crazy too. And soon as you hit the hole someone miraculously gets off their block and it's a gain of three. The longest run I've had has been 7 yards. And this is after playing 6 games. On the default skill level, that one that's supposed to be easy.

It's fun and all but Jesus! Weldon can't cover a snail.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: Rented NCAA 09

The CPU cheats, so get prepared for that. It's a very sore loser. That said, all the hint guides I've read say that you probably want to stay in a zone defense most of the time.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Stay in Zone. Don't blitz.

Send your safeties up to press coverage every down, and you'll pull off a lot of INTs.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

nothing wrong with man coverage or blitzing.

if running man, drop the strongside DE back into "first down protection coverage".

in fact, dropping d-linemen in general "breaks" the game at times and the QB will glitch and do something ridiculous. The game doesn't expect it.

press coverage works as well, but there's a 4/10 chance they beat the jam and you're burnt on a go for a TD (assuming you bring the safeties up as well).

I bring at least 5 on every play.

And, of course, on offense, always bring someone across the field (and back, if you want) before the play to see if its man or zone. While they (finally) fixed the deal where you could tell whether it was M or Z right off the bat by seeing how fast the CBs go over to cover the WRs, they still haven't fixed this. However, this is that one play in nickel that plays man on one side and zone on the other (and gets used EVERY SINGLE TIME online), so watch out.

Oh, and if playing against a human, blitz the strong side CB. Idiots tend to roll out with the quarterback to the strong side, EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Always use motion to set up your run plays. If they are in man, use motion to draw one defender to the side you are not running to. If they are in zone, bring another blocker over.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Always use motion to set up your run plays. If they are in man, use motion to draw one defender to the side you are not running to. If they are in zone, bring another blocker over.
    HOW-EV-UH

a WR pancaking the CB and then getting up on the safety = guaranteed TD on any running play (basically)

If I have bigger WRs, I actually move one over to the play side regardless of man or zone. Chances are one of them will get up on the safety. And I can always spin off the CB if he doesn't.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    HOW-EV-UH

a WR pancaking the CB and then getting up on the safety = guaranteed TD on any running play (basically)

If I have bigger WRs, I actually move one over to the play side regardless of man or zone. Chances are one of them will get up on the safety. And I can always spin off the CB if he doesn't.
    I press B when I get to the safety which pretty much guarantees a TD as well.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I haven't figured out how to put a player in motion (PS3). What do you have to do??

The stiff-arm feature is weak.... I haven't had it work once yet. I really do like the R analog stick actions (juke and truck). They don't always work well, but they are pretty realistic.

I found myself burnt out on the Campus Legend part of it. It's kinda cool, yet weird to only control 1 player and no control over the plays called, motion, audible, clock management, etc.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I haven't figured out how to put a player in motion (PS3). What do you have to do??

The stiff-arm feature is weak.... I haven't had it work once yet. I really do like the R analog stick actions (juke and truck). They don't always work well, but they are pretty realistic.

I found myself burnt out on the Campus Legend part of it. It's kinda cool, yet weird to only control 1 player and no control over the plays called, motion, audible, clock management, etc.
    That is why you play as a QB so you can always audible to whatever you want.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I found myself burnt out on the Campus Legend
    Anybody know if when you have finished your Campus Legend after 4 years if you then become a coach like on the PS2 or does it just end?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    Anybody know if when you have finished your Campus Legend after 4 years if you then become a coach like on the PS2 or does it just end?
    Just ends...allows you to export to Madden, I believe.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Anybody know how many years you can play the dynasty on PS3? Is it just 20 like PS2 or more?

Anybody know how many years you can play the dynasty on PS3? Is it just 20 like PS2 or more?
    Doesn't it get boring after 5 consecutive national championships?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Doesn't it get boring after 5 consecutive national championships?
    I'm a continual rebuilder. After I build it up and win 2 or 3 titles, I move on to whomever the #119 team is (or thereabouts).

Doing whacky stuff like installing the triple option at Hawaii (complete with realistic EXTREMELY HIGH NCAA program awareness) is fun.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'm well into my 30-somethingth year on the PS2. I think I have 2007 (the one with Reggie Bush on the cover).

Built up two created schools and Army in addition to Tech.

+ Reply to Thread