View Poll Results: Do you want to fire Chris Long?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

97 64.24%
  • No

14 9.27%
  • Don't care about the Techster basketball anymore

40 26.49%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Chris Long now!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Fire Chris Long now!

Just Yes or No.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Fire Chris Long now!

Yipee!! I put up the first vote ( and just guess which way I voted??!! ).

MG

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Re: Fire Chris Long now!

I would vote yes over and over again.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tell ya what...FJ is rolling over in his grave.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tell ya what...FJ is rolling over in his grave.
    uh . . . I don't think he's in his grave yet . . . but . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

I hate to say it, but I voted "I dont care about the Techsters anymore".
    I have lost my passion for Techsters. I no longer post anything good or bad.
    I do read the threads I just dont care anymore. Sad but true.
    How many are like me out there is the question?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I voted "YES" and will increase my LTAC donation this year to help cover the expenses.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Wink Re: Fire Chris Long now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    uh . . . I don't think he's in his grave yet . . . but . . . .
    He's not but continued decline of the Techster program will soon put him there!!

MG

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    That is how I felt but I just can not quit following the Techsters. I don't post a lot here like Champ, Mean Green, FFA, etc... but I used to come and read all the time. Now, I only come over to look at the thread on game day. There is not a lot of excitement here.
    A sport that doesn't excite its fans will die eventually. I hope DD understands how important a good Techster program is for LaTech. I bet there were used to be more Lady Techsters fans than Bulldawgs football fans back in the day.

Thumbs Up Re: Fire Chris Long now!

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    That is how I felt but I just can not quit following the Techsters. I don't post a lot here like Champ, Mean Green, FFA, etc... but I used to come and read all the time. Now, I only come over to look at the thread on game day. There is not a lot of excitement here.
    A sport that doesn't excite its fans will die eventually. I hope DD understands how important a good Techster program is for LaTech. I bet there were used to be more Lady Techsters fans than Bulldawgs football fans back in the day.
    Yeah, I've noticed that a few folks who posted frequently last season have kinda fallen off this season. It's been tough on all of us as the addition of Spoon coupled w/CL's recruits having another season of playing in his system ( whatever the heck that might be! ) led many of us to think that this was the year we started to climb back up the WBB ladder. I know that the season is just beginning ( WAC play ) so I'm still not ready to write this one off but I certainly don't like what I've seen thusfar.

I also hope that DD understands that many people in the country know Tech for basically 3 things - Terry Bradshaw; Karl Malone & the Lady Techsters. We need the program to get back to where it once was & I just don't think that CL is the man to get us there.

MG

Ugh, I used to follow the Lady Techsters religiously for years, but it's been quite sad to see the direction the program has taken. Now, I'll check for news and scores every so often. A relative of mine has met and talked with Long on several occassions and she always says Long is "such a nice guy". I always reply with "nice guys aren't always good coaches". I just wonder if Long's "nice guy" image/persona is what is keeping him his job? Are the administrators really that complacent? *sigh* I only have all my old Techster media guides from way back to 1994 and later to remind me of what the program used to be like. Ugh!

Puppy lovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the ears

YES PLEASE

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    And that should pile on the "fire Chris Long" movement if we are losing fans.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    He's not but continued decline of the Techster program will soon put him there!!

MG
    FJ voted in this poll that he doesn't care about the TECHsters anymore.

Warning Re: Fire Chris Long now!

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranTechsterFan View Post
    Ugh, I used to follow the Lady Techsters religiously for years, but it's been quite sad to see the direction the program has taken. Now, I'll check for news and scores every so often. A relative of mine has met and talked with Long on several occassions and she always says Long is "such a nice guy". I always reply with "nice guys aren't always good coaches". I just wonder if Long's "nice guy" image/persona is what is keeping him his job? Are the administrators really that complacent? *sigh* I only have all my old Techster media guides from way back to 1994 and later to remind me of what the program used to be like. Ugh!
    There's some speculation that Coach Long fits the mold that's pleasing to the local alumni ( blue hairs, we call them! ) & administration so that probably IS part of his appeal. I know some folks who also know him & they say the same things - very nice & a good family man. These are certainly admirable qualities as a man/husband but not necessarily a reflection of his ability to coach. Folks said that Budke ruffled some feathers while in Ruston & some "fans" even had issues w/his hair!! Yet the man won while he was here. Champ ( & others ) will say that it was w/Leon's players & an overuse of JUCO's but the bottom line was that he did indeed win.
    Personally, I think CL is a good AC ( as he was under Leon & Budke ) & does love Tech. It would be interesting to see him drop back into that position & elevate Spoon to HC BUT once reach the top ( as a HC ) I'd imagine that it would be almost impossible to remain at the same university in a lesser position.

MG

+ Reply to Thread