+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random fellow alumni meetings!

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Random fellow alumni meetings!

I have lived in Atascocita (a suburb of Houston) for four years and have bumped into a decent number of Tech alumni. My first apartment a Tech alumni even lived above me. However, tonight at the IHOP in Atascocita was the most awesome random encounter I have ever had with a fellow alumni and I just wanted to share my story. It is somewhat long, but I figured some of you might enjoy.

The wife (Amy), the 20 month old daughter (Abby), and I decided to go to IHOP last night to get some breakfast for dinner. We get seated in a booth and a couple approx. in their 60's was in the both behind us. After about 10 or 15 minutes Abby wants her milk so we give her a sippy cup with a TechTeamShop.com koozie around it. Amy then overhears the wife in the booth behind us say I think that is a La Tech koozie, so the husband turns around and ask us if we went to La Tech. Of course we say yes and they did also. We then get to talking and find out he graduated in Business (which my wife and I also did) and that he is a former CAB Distinguished Alumni of the Year. We also find out that we are members of the same business fraternity. Our food then comes and we eat our meal. They are leaving before us and they are going to say nice meeting you and good night, which turns into another 15 to 20 minute conversation. Then we are all leaving at the same time and waiting in line to pay. They are in front of us and they pay and then turn around and tell us that they went ahead and payed for our meal. WOW - how awesome is that! I was almost speechless. Of course we thanked them so much and Amy even gave the wife a hug.

So basically over a La Tech koozie at IHOP in Houston we meet some fellow alumni, got some words on wisdom on life and children, talked some CAB and football, got our meal paid, and got reminded that the Bulldog circle extends far and wide.

Anybody else got some awesome fellow alumni stories? I would love to hear them.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Random fellow alumni meetings!

That's a great story. Proud to be a BULLDOG.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I had on one of my Tech pullovers in Target on Millerville Rd. here in Baton Rouge the other day, and a woman walking by said "Hey, I like your shirt!" so perhaps a fellow Tech person? It happens to me a lot in BR though lately...

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I ran into Jericho Jones' family one day in Cabela's in Fort Worth. I saw a gentleman wearing a Tech cap and asked him if he went to Tech. He told me all about Jericho signing with Tech and how excited they were and how much they liked the school and Ruston.

I also ran into, I believe, Dannielle Sheridan's , a tech softball player, family at Red Lobster in Burleson, Texas the same way. Her father had a Tech hat and I started up a converstaion with him.

The weirdest is with another softball player named Meghan Krieg. She's from Sonora, Tx which is about an hour from Mexico. That just happens to be the town that my wife is from which is only about 2,000 people and it's the only town in the entire county. When she signed with Tech to play softball, everyone in the town knew about Tech already because of my wife marrying me and me always wearing my Tech shirts around town when we would visit.

When I started teaching in Mansfield, Texas, and found out who the teachers on my team would be, I was suprised to find out that the science teacher was Ryan Consindine's girlfriend that he had been dating since high school. She didn't go to Tech, but she's a die hard fan.

When I lived in Austin, I had a few people stop me when they saw my Tech sticker on my car or they would give me the Bulldog sign driving down Mopac.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Anytime you go to the beach in Fl or Ala try flying a TECH flag on your tent or umbrella. I have had quite a few alumnus stroll up and say hello.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

According to the Alumni Office, as of 2006, there ar 50 Tech Alumni in the St Louis area. I know of 3, though I only have met two. My wife met the other one after working out one day. She always wears my old Tech Football t-shirts and while getting gas after the gym an older gentleman at the pump beside her noticed the shirt and struck up a conversation. Turns out he's a 1962 grad, and has lived in StL for 30 years with out ever seeing another Tech grad. My wift told him that I was the Tech grad and with that he finished pumping and drove off. Apparently the guy lives in my area, but I have not run into him while out and about.

I'm thinking of getting the MO personalized plate that says LA TECH and see how many former Dawgs I can find.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    I ran into Jericho Jones' family one day in Cabela's in Fort Worth. I saw a gentleman wearing a Tech cap and asked him if he went to Tech. He told me all about Jericho signing with Tech and how excited they were and how much they liked the school and Ruston.

I also ran into, I believe, Dannielle Sheridan's , a tech softball player, family at Red Lobster in Burleson, Texas the same way. Her father had a Tech hat and I started up a converstaion with him.

The weirdest is with another softball player named Meghan Krieg. She's from Sonora, Tx which is about an hour from Mexico. That just happens to be the town that my wife is from which is only about 2,000 people and it's the only town in the entire county. When she signed with Tech to play softball, everyone in the town knew about Tech already because of my wife marrying me and me always wearing my Tech shirts around town when we would visit.

When I started teaching in Mansfield, Texas, and found out who the teachers on my team would be, I was suprised to find out that the science teacher was Ryan Consindine's girlfriend that he had been dating since high school. She didn't go to Tech, but she's a die hard fan.

When I lived in Austin, I had a few people stop me when they saw my Tech sticker on my car or they would give me the Bulldog sign driving down Mopac.
    I know at least 3 teachers in Mansfield with degrees from Tech.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I know at least 3 teachers in Mansfield with degrees from Tech.
    Really! Are they still involved with Tech? I did meet one a few years ago that was a coach at Mansfield High before it became Summit. He played ball at Tech but I cannot remember his name.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    Really! Are they still involved with Tech? I did meet one a few years ago that was a coach at Mansfield High before it became Summit. He played ball at Tech but I cannot remember his name.
    Not really hard core sports fans. I'm not sure what schools they are at.

+ Reply to Thread