+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Racisim rears it's ugly head

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Racisim rears it's ugly head

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Before 1986, race was determined by the race of the father. Since Obama's father is black, Obama is considered black.
    What happened in 1986?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    So he is Nigerian??? Thanks for the info though. I really was confused on the matter. Honestly, I do not care, just hope he does well for the country.

Are you at all concerned about his relationship with Rev Wright? What about his taking money from overseas countries? (I realize Clinton was big on that as well, but this seems to be a different time in history) I think he has surrounded himself pretty well by his cabinet choices, so we will just wait and see.

God Bless America
    No, he is American. He never claimed his Kenyan citizenship, and the chance to expired in 1982... But still, with American policy/practice, up to 1986 (though the policy was changed in 1989 - can't remember exactly what it's called), a child born of two races was given the race of the non-white parent. So, realalisticly, he could have white skin, but still have been labeled as a black.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    What happened in 1986?
    I think it was in 1989 the policy was changed to 1986 to line up with the citizenship status stuff. something along those lines. I can't remember what it was that changed it though exactly... (cut me a little slack, I was only 5 in 1989 afterall)

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

No, he is American. He never claimed his Kenyan citizenship, and the chance to expired in 1982... But still, with American policy/practice, up to 1986 (though the policy was changed in 1989 - can't remember exactly what it's called), a child born of two races was given the race of the non-white parent. So, realalisticly, he could have white skin, but still have been labeled as a black.

I think it was in 1989 the policy was changed to 1986 to line up with the citizenship status stuff. something along those lines. I can't remember what it was that changed it though exactly... (cut me a little slack, I was only 5 in 1989 afterall)

Interesting. Thanks for the info, honestly. I do like to be informed.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

And I appreciate your service. Be safe

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I got several hits on race applying to census numbers, but didn't find anything on race determination. I heard years ago that 1/8 or maybe 1/4 could qualify race as the smaller percentage. Don't Indians (feather not dot) only have to prove a small percentage to receive Indian $tatu$?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I got several hits on race applying to census numbers, but didn't find anything on race determination. I heard years ago that 1/8 or maybe 1/4 could qualify race as the smaller percentage. Don't Indians (feather not dot) only have to prove a small percentage to receive Indian $tatu$?
    From what I can tell in all my searches over the past few years, it's almost impossible to find some policy changes that aren't "big" policy changes... and I don't think this one would have mustered much in 1989. I've read in footnotes mostly, but never have found the actual policy.

tribes make up their own rules, and the government has their own rules too.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_quantum_laws

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Charlize Theron = African American

Lewis Hamilton = Not African-American
    Up untill this election, in places like Harlem, Philly, and Detrot, if you were from Africa and became a citizen or your parents were African and you were born here you could not call yourself African-American. There have been stories published about how black students would attack (physically and verbally) the African students because they were not REAL African-Americans (i.e. Black and from the inner city). Racial taunts were used to talk down on those students who were the same skin color as the black students, but who's only difference was that they could accuratly trace where in Africa they came from.

I am sure this is still going on, but since President Obama is truely African-American, nothing will be reported on this.

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

So, realalisticly, he could have white skin, but still have been labeled as a black.

Among other things!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

So, realalisticly, he could have white skin, but still have been labeled as a black.

Funny story I read in the paper several years ago was about a black couple who went in the hospital to have a baby. Well, the baby was born and was white. The husband was livid because he thought his wife had cheated on him. DNA tests showed that it was his baby, so he calmed down. They did some research and found that one of their (can't remember which) great, great grandfathers was white and apparently that gene had been dormant for years.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    There are plenty of Indians (feather) with blond hair and blue eyes. Their blood quantum is like 1/1000. They have the Indian card and get all the tribal benefits.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Funny story I read in the paper several years ago was about a black couple who went in the hospital to have a baby. Well, the baby was born and was white. The husband was livid because he thought his wife had cheated on him. DNA tests showed that it was his baby, so he calmed down. They did some research and found that one of their (can't remember which) great, great grandfathers was white and apparently that gene had been dormant for years.
    It happens.

+ Reply to Thread