+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana - ESPN.com

Hybrid View

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Louisiana - ESPN.com

Help "SportsCenter" determine which four past or present sports figures best represent Louisiana.

More...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Louisiana - ESPN.com

Champ?? Dawgmatic?? Where you at??? We need to add to our +/- game trophy case.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Bradshaw, Malone, P. Manning , Maravich

I'd probably go with Bill Russell or Shaq too. Eddie Robinson will definately be in, but he doesn't get my vote over any of the others I've mentioned.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

LSU HOMERS..

Bad...

Why so many pick Shaq over Malone?

Malone was the better player. I guess titles?

Oh wait no Shaq went to LSU

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I didn't know Lou Brock went to Southern. I wouldn't vote for him in this deal but he was a hell of a baseball player. Very under-rated.

Yeah we need to stuff the ballots to get our guys in there.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I didn't know Lou Brock went to Southern. I wouldn't vote for him in this deal but he was a hell of a baseball player. Very under-rated.

Yeah we need to stuff the ballots to get our guys in there.
    and raised in Collinston, Louisiana

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Bradshaw, Malone, Russell and Maravich -

Where is John David Crowe on the list - Cannon is NOT the only Heisman winner from the state!

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

I gotta go with Coach Rob, Russell, Maravich and then Bradshaw...with a shout out to Coach Barmore.

These guys either won more championships, games or changed the face of there sport. As much as I want to vote for Malone, he didn't do any of that.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    I gotta go with Coach Rob, Russell, Maravich and then Bradshaw...with a shout out to Coach Barmore.

These guys either won more championships, games or changed the face of there sport. As much as I want to vote for Malone, he didn't do any of that.
    What are you talking about? Malone is responsible for the modern day power forward position. I think it was skilldawg who pointed out that Tech has several players who changed their positions-Bradshaw, Malone, Dean, and I can't remember who else.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

It's not that Malone had less talent around him or Jordan had more talent around him as to why Malone didn't get a ring. Malone didn't get a ring because of Jordan. And he joins a long list of stars in that regard. Barkley, Stockton, Ewing, ect.... AND I think if Jordan doesn't go to play baseball you would add Olajouwan(sp?) to that list.

There is no shame in that. I think DD is right that very good even great players shouldn't lose their luster because of no ring. Heck Trent Dilfer has a ring and Dan Marino doesn't. NO ONE would choose Dilfer over Marino.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I must be missing something with all these Skip Bertman homers voting. I mean he was a great coach but Mount Rushmore of Louisiana? Come on.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    I must be missing something with all these Skip Bertman homers voting. I mean he was a great coach but Mount Rushmore of Louisiana? Come on.
    Driskell mountain maybe.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Can someone tell me how a guy like Eli Manning makes the list on both Louisiana and Mississippi but Fred Dean, Willie Roaf, and Doug Williams don't make a list?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Can someone tell me how a guy like Eli Manning makes the list on both Louisiana and Mississippi but Fred Dean, Willie Roaf, and Doug Williams don't make a list?
    It's the "What have you done for me lately?" thing.

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Eli should not be on the list. Not good enough. Payton, while I think he is a ****head, should be on the list. He grew up in Louisiana, until he moved on to college and the pros.

Which makes me think that Pistol Pete should not be on the list. Didn't he grow up in South Carolina? And, didn't move to Louisiana until college? Same for Bill Russell, in that he moved away from Louisiana at age 10. I don't think that either should qualify.

Malone, Robinson, P. Manning and Roch Hontas.

+ Reply to Thread