+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Louisiana - ESPN.com

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Louisiana - ESPN.com

I didn't see a place to vote. Only comments.......... That is useless. Is there a vote somewhere that I am missing?

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You may be right. I'm just not one of those, and not saying you are, that subscribes to the opinion that just because an athlete doesn't win a championship in a team sport he's not great and shouldn't be considered for something like this vote.
    I don't think like that either. I do not believe that Karl, Marino, and Bonds should be faulted in their legacy for not winning a championship. I voted for Karl, Bradshaw, E. Rob, and Marovich.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I didn't see a place to vote. Only comments.......... That is useless. Is there a vote somewhere that I am missing?
    You vote by your comments. I guess they read them and count themselves. Kinda bush league.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    What happened to the "talent" when they lost Jordan?
    Second best record in their conference, went to a game seven in the second round of the playoffs.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Second best record in their conference, went to a game seven in the second round of the playoffs.
    At Washington?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

It's not that Malone had less talent around him or Jordan had more talent around him as to why Malone didn't get a ring. Malone didn't get a ring because of Jordan. And he joins a long list of stars in that regard. Barkley, Stockton, Ewing, ect.... AND I think if Jordan doesn't go to play baseball you would add Olajouwan(sp?) to that list.

There is no shame in that. I think DD is right that very good even great players shouldn't lose their luster because of no ring. Heck Trent Dilfer has a ring and Dan Marino doesn't. NO ONE would choose Dilfer over Marino.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    At Washington?
    Knicks I think.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

1. Eddie Robinson

2. Pete Maravich

3. Terry Bradshaw

4. Bill Russell

Billy Cannon, John David Crow and Jim Taylor were football giants for Louisiana football.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I must be missing something with all these Skip Bertman homers voting. I mean he was a great coach but Mount Rushmore of Louisiana? Come on.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    I must be missing something with all these Skip Bertman homers voting. I mean he was a great coach but Mount Rushmore of Louisiana? Come on.
    Driskell mountain maybe.

Varsity Bulldog Haughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the ears Haughtondawg's Avatar

I happened to look at the Oklahoma blog and someone posted this one:

Chad212100 (1/22/2009 at 10:12 AM)
    Report Violation
    Boise St, West Virginia, Florida, and The Longhorns, because they all four OWN Oklahoma...

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Can someone tell me how a guy like Eli Manning makes the list on both Louisiana and Mississippi but Fred Dean, Willie Roaf, and Doug Williams don't make a list?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Can someone tell me how a guy like Eli Manning makes the list on both Louisiana and Mississippi but Fred Dean, Willie Roaf, and Doug Williams don't make a list?
    It's the "What have you done for me lately?" thing.

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Eli should not be on the list. Not good enough. Payton, while I think he is a ****head, should be on the list. He grew up in Louisiana, until he moved on to college and the pros.

Which makes me think that Pistol Pete should not be on the list. Didn't he grow up in South Carolina? And, didn't move to Louisiana until college? Same for Bill Russell, in that he moved away from Louisiana at age 10. I don't think that either should qualify.

Malone, Robinson, P. Manning and Roch Hontas.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll Warrior View Post
    Eli should not be on the list. Not good enough. Payton, while I think he is a ****head, should be on the list. He grew up in Louisiana, until he moved on to college and the pros.

Which makes me think that Pistol Pete should not be on the list. Didn't he grow up in South Carolina? And, didn't move to Louisiana until college? Same for Bill Russell, in that he moved away from Louisiana at age 10. I don't think that either should qualify.

Malone, Robinson, P. Manning and Roch Hontas.
    That would take Shaq off, also as he wasn't from Louisiana. Billy Cannon wasn't from Louisiana, originally, until the coaches at Istrouma got his Dad a job at one of the refineries if I'm not mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread