+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could mom's Suburban ever look cool?

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Re: Could mom's Suburban ever look cool?

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Four 12's in a ported box, powerful brand name amp, front door speakers, tweets, and a head unit with a screen

And let the Jonas Brothers BUMP!!!! If that isnt cool, I dont know what is!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    And let C-Murder BUMP!!!! If that isnt cool, I dont know what is!
    fixed

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

A good set of Truck Nutz will spruce up any ride.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Spend $50 or so and get a 1974 Vega or an early 80's Chevette and put beside it and ask him which one of them he wants to drive and look cool in....
    Very similar to what I was thinking. But I was going to say hand him a "full" brown bag in one hand and the keys to the Suburban in the other.
    Then tell him to shut up about it and be happy that he is being offered a good set of dependable wheels....
    And tell him he can only keep one. Same premise though.

Also, make him work on his new ride. He wants a new sterio, let HIM buy a new sterio.

And I don't get the pipes thing. You know, years ago they invented mufflers to stop that noise. Now we pay to bring it back. I never understood why someone would WANT that noise. It can drown out the sterio! And no, I am NOT that old. I once helped install a sterio & two 12s in a 240sx that could get SO loud that we couldn't drive the vehical with the volume turned up. Our EYES vibrated soo hard you couldn't see the road. My parents HATED me!

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Very similar to what I was thinking. But I was going to say hand him a "full" brown bag in one hand and the keys to the Suburban in the other.
    And tell him he can only keep one. Same premise though.

Also, make him work on his new ride. He wants a new sterio, let HIM buy a new sterio.

And I don't get the pipes thing. You know, years ago they invented mufflers to stop that noise. Now we pay to bring it back. I never understood why someone would WANT that noise. It can drown out the sterio! And no, I am NOT that old. I once helped install a sterio & two 12s in a 240sx that could get SO loud that we couldn't drive the vehical with the volume turned up. Our EYES vibrated soo hard you couldn't see the road. My parents HATED me!
    get some whistle tips...they go whoo whoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnzw_i4YmKk

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    get some whistle tips...they go whoo whoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnzw_i4YmKk
    That is wrong on SO MANY levels!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I had not expected so many good ideas, except for you bdub, you started out OK with the suggested wheels, but then you sent this picture and I decided you were heading this project in the wrong direction:
    I wonder if I could get the lift that this one lost?
    It does need new tires. Could I put bigger ones (like honker's 33" suggestion) on the same wheels?

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Bdub has always been a fan of the G-Rides as pictured above. You could probably only fit the 33's with a torsion bar lift or a leveling spacer kit. I have one on my truck, it costs about $200 and about 100 to get it installed. This basically just evens up the front end with the back end on a pickup truck. I'm not sure about a Burban, Ive never done work on one. I know I would be happy with an 05 Burban, he is gonna get mad cut with all the women that he can pack in that thing.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Spend $50 or so and get a 1974 Vega or an early 80's Chevette and put beside it and ask him which one of them he wants to drive and look cool in....

Then tell him to shut up about it and be happy that he is being offered a good set of dependable wheels....

This is the kind of thread that makes me wish Aub still posted often. When he went to Tech students weren't allowed to have cars. I'm not sure they let the students even ride bikes. You had to walk everywhere, and preferably barefoot.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    This is the kind of thread that makes me wish Aub still posted often. When he went to Tech students weren't allowed to have cars. I'm not sure they let the students even ride bikes. You had to walk everywhere, and preferably barefoot.
    And the only thing you could smoke was what you grew in secret out at the sandpits.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

A lot of good suggestions have been posted. The key is your boy's interests. Knowing you, I have a hard time picturing your boy going for the low-rider look.

There are all sorts of aftermarket products to dress up a vehicle and make it more functional. Just depends on your interest/needs.

I'll bet you could get Killer Keith to cut you a good deal on a custom paint.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

You know I'm too conservative for a fancy paint job, plus you know Killer never gave anybody a great deal.

I think we'll do a lift kit and put on bigger tires. And think we have an old ranchhand bumper at the yard we can paint up and put on.

Maddawg said adjust torsion bars - would it still need a lift (body or suspension)?

No deal DogtorE on the condem dipenser, maybe a Lojack though.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    You know I'm too conservative for a fancy paint job, plus you know Killer never gave anybody a great deal.

I think we'll do a lift kit and put on bigger tires. And think we have an old ranchhand bumper at the yard we can paint up and put on.

Maddawg said adjust torsion bars - would it still need a lift (body or suspension)?
    That wasn't me, but if you do get a lift, just get the 3" and it shouldn't require any more adjustments.

One thing I've seen the kids do that looks good...Black it out. Paint or spraycoat the wheels black, no whitewall showing on the tires, paint or spraycoat the ranchhand bumper black. Get the darkest window tint the POlice will allow.:icon_wink:

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    That wasn't me, but if you do get a lift, just get the 3" and it shouldn't require any more adjustments.

One thing I've seen the kids do that looks good...Black it out. Paint or spraycoat the wheels black, no whitewall showing on the tires, paint or spraycoat the ranchhand bumper black. Get the darkest window tint the POlice will allow.:icon_wink:
    you like em murdered out maddawg?

http://g35driver.com/forums/attachme...ides-black.jpg

+ Reply to Thread