+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the Ropp Center?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Where is the Ropp Center?

Is that the old Home Ec, old, old Prez's house??? Near GTM?

Thanks!

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Where is the Ropp Center?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Is that the old Home Ec, old, old Prez's house??? Near GTM?

Thanks!
    Yes - what we called The White House right behind the bookstore.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

The old home ec house and the old president's house weren't the same, were they? Or was the home ec house originally the president's home and they built the old "new" one to the west of it? That's the one you're calling the White House, right? Never heard either of them called that in my day, the ancient 60-70's. Whatever, yes, it's across from GTM.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    The old home ec house and the old president's house weren't the same, were they? Or was the home ec house originally the president's home and they built the old "new" one to the west of it? That's the one you're calling the White House, right? Never heard either of them called that in my day, the ancient 60-70's. Whatever, yes, it's across from GTM.
    The Home Ec house and the President's House were two different buildings. The home ec house was torn down many years ago. The Ropp Center is the new name for the President's House.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    The Home Ec house and the President's House were two different buildings. The home ec house was torn down many years ago. The Ropp Center is the new name for the President's House.
    Really? I thought the white house, which was used for Home Econ in the 70's, was originally the prez's house before that. I know I was told that at the time. Not that it really matters.

I am slated to be at the CERT meeting at the Ropp Center on Monday. Just want to make sure I am going to the right place. (across the parking lot from GTM)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

It was also the TECH-Rome building

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It was also the TECH-Rome building

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It was the Tech/Rome Building when I was at Tech (early 80's). We, also, called it the Old President's House. I never knew it as the Home Ec Building, but it was probably that at some point in time.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    That's what I meant earlier. When I was there from 68-73, there was the home ec house between the bookstore and the Ropp Center of today. They tore down the home ec house and the white house to the west, the one that's there now, eventually became the Ropp Center. That's where FJ lived before the new house was built where Reneau is. Don't think FJ ever lived in that one. Didn't mean to get into such a massive discussion on such a minor topic.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I thought it was the President's Old Home.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    That's what I meant earlier. When I was there from 68-73, there was the home ec house between the bookstore and the Ropp Center of today. They tore down the home ec house and the white house to the west, the one that's there now, eventually became the Ropp Center. That's where FJ lived before the new house was built where Reneau is. Don't think FJ ever lived in that one. Didn't mean to get into such a massive discussion on such a minor topic.
    I am pretty sure that FJ did live in the new one - where DR is now. I think he was the first to have it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am pretty sure that FJ did live in the new one - where DR is now. I think he was the first to have it.
    That would be correct. Attended several events there then.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    That would be correct. Attended several events there then.
    Name dropper!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Name dropper!
    I was always humored when Toy remembered your drink and had it ready for you at the bar.:icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that part up. I thought after I typed that that I really didn't remember who lived in the one on Bulldog Drive first. I think the rest of my memory was ok, though, which is pretty good since it's only been 36 years since I was in school.

+ Reply to Thread