+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: were in DC

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: were in DC

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I wonder what the carbon footprint of this party is...

Pretty high with all the smoke being blown up everyone's ass.

I also heard the "smug cloud" was pretty huge.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Pretty high with all the smoke being blown up everyone's ass.

I also heard the "smug cloud" was pretty huge.
    As a white man I am just going to try to "embrace what is right" for the next 4 years. :icon_wink:

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    As a white man I am just going to try to "embrace what is right" for the next 4 years. :icon_wink:
    As for someone who does not have much flair for the dramatic, I will try not throw up every time we have these grandstanding, smug, and over the top events to honor one man. We already do it enough for MLK day, and dont get me wrong, the man was great. I find it odd that public companies dont let you off for Veteran's Day, though. Are public companies saying that one man was more important than the millions that served and died to build this country so that MLK could have his day? Not sure what that says about our nation and its common sense.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    As for someone who does not have much flair for the dramatic, I will try not throw up every time we have these grandstanding, smug, and over the top events to honor one man. We already do it enough for MLK day, and dont get me wrong, the man was great. I find it odd that public companies dont let you off for Veteran's Day, though. Are public companies saying that one man was more important than the millions that served and died to build this country so that MLK could have his day? Not sure what that says about our nation and its common sense.

....and when you question these type things you will be considered a racist. What a freaking joke!!!! I have never been racist, but some of the BS (Affirmative Action for one) make me resent the other race. It is only racism when it is convenient for their argument.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    ....and when you question these type things you will be considered a racist. What a freaking joke!!!! I have never been racist, but some of the BS (Affirmative Action for one) make me resent the other race. It is only racism when it is convenient for their argument.
    I'll disagree about affirmative action to a certain extent, but the rest is right on. I can give a perfect example. The father of one of the kids that my wife teaches works for Cox cable. I can't remember what the event was that was taking place, but it was very significant to the Black population. Anyway, the cable went out in a part of town that is very heavily populated by Blacks. Quite a few of them called the technical lines to report the outages and to complain that their cable was cut off because the people at Cox were racists. The odd thing is that, according to this father, nearly 70% of the employees at Cox are black-a majority of the people taking the calls being called racist are black. There is no doubt that many Blacks use the call of racism much like a child learns to cry and throw a tantrum to get his way.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    First off, every single report out there I've seen has put $157mil as the "possible" cost of the inauguration.
    This, of course, caused Republicans everywhere to get a stiffy over the "hypocrisy" how everyone whined about W's $40mil one with Obama doing a near-$160mil one...
    But guess what- when you add in the cost of security, W's ALSO cost over $150million!!!
    *gasp* *shock*
    You mean Obama's inauguration isnt costing ANY MORE than W's???
    NO WAY.
    You mean Republicans once again left out certain facts, and compared apples to oranges, just to push an agenda and feel morally superior???
    NO WAY!
    Even if Obama's cost slightly less than W's, isn't it still hypocracy to complain about one and celebrate the other?

It really doesn't bother me. People should be able to buy whatever they can afford. I just think the only thing funded by tax payer dollars should be the things absolutely necessary for the event. As for the entertainment, that should be covered by the party.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post
    with our tickets. having the time of our lives. all my family says hi. 3 Bulldogs at a historic moment in time. But its not about us. Its about ALL of us.
    I hope you enjoyed the event and, after seeing some of the crowds, I hope you were close enough to see anything.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Ok Obama, time to step and deliver on all your promises...

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Keep Track Of Obama's Promises -- All 895 Of Them

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/...s_promises.php

there's even a spreadsheet!
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

If Wall Street paid for most of the inauguration then we as tax payers actually paid for with the 350 billion bailout - what a damm joke - wall street is broke just like my retirement accounts! I hope that Obama does well but CNN is so love with him already it is kind of sickening... Tomorrow it time to get to work on Today's problem and quit worring about who eat what restaurant 60 years ago... It should be interesting...

+ Reply to Thread