+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Booing G.W. Bush

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Booing G.W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    Your words imply that. Let's not play games here.
    No games. I am dead serious. Which words imply that I am doing this:

It is a shame that someone wants to tear downt he leader of our country because of partisan politics rather than an analysis of his actions.

BTW- I am not a Republican so this partisan politics crap doesn't fly with me or apply to me.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Your'e a George Bush apologist but you're calling me a dufus?? Go figure.
    Bite me, dufus. You have no idea what I am. I love my country, and apologize to nobody.

As for Bush, I voted against George H. in the primaries twice. I voted against George W. once. The second time George W. ran I had no choice. I do not like the eastern snob wing of the Republican party, and always vote against it when given the opportunity. So, dufus, you don't know me at all.

Further concerning Bush, any objective, nondufus viewer of Bush would give him some good marks and some bad marks for what he did while in office. I'm certainly not going to apologize for what he did to prevent terrorist acts on American soil or American interests. I leave those apologies for dufuses like you. I wish you would move to France with the other panzies.

I give him good marks for cutting taxes to end the Clinton recesssion.

On the other hand, I certainly will not condone his fiscal policy. His budgets were out of control.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a Liberal strategy to just give out labels and marginalize anyone who doesn't jump on the Liberal/Democrat bandwagon. The Republican party has some serious soul-searching to do, and I think it's time to do a little house-cleaning and get some real Conservatives back in. This whole pansy-ass "moderate" crap doesn't work. I also happen to unapologetically believe that most of the world is just plain wrong and stupid in a lot of situations and I don't think we need their advice about how to run our own damn country. America's #1 for a reason. We are where we are because of the designs by our founding fathers, and because of the hard work of our people through generations.

Also, if you want real perspective on life and how things work under different types of government, live overseas a while. I've lived in Colombia and Japan, and they are quite a bit different from here, although Japan's pretty successful under their current systems, but that's because WE put it in place after we bombed them back to the stone age in the war anyway. Actually, the Japanese federal government is a bit of a joke, but people just don't rely on it, and do crap their own way anyway, and do it well. It's against their culture to ask for charity or a handout from the public, so you won't even see a homeless man asking people for money on the street very often. We need to adopt their hardworking attitude a little more, or RE-ADOPT it, and kick the world's ass culturally, economically, and militarily(by being good at it, not necessarily bombing them, lol).

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Nitpicking are we?? The United States again has a President that it actually likes. Better yet, the country has a President that the world likes. The country IS NOT better than George W. Bush found it and Obama has to fix that. The reason that he will is because the people have faith in him and they are willing to work with him unlike with Bush. Today was a great day for America. I'm not going to rain on that parade at all. We'll never advance as nation as long as we all belong to a "team". We should all put our country first and just forget about being a member of the democrat party or republican party or being a member of the white race or black race. We are all Americans!
    Didn't realize I was nitpicking. I was simply commenting on the crowd's tendency to react the presentation and not the content. I am curious to see just how much America likes this President as he gets further and further into his term. When they begin to realize that a lot of his promises had little or no substance. So far, Obama has only told the people what they want hear. Now it's time for him to deliver.

I agree that our country is not in as good a shape as it was when Bush "found it." However, as President Obama stated today that the problem was due to the greed of a few - meaning Wall Street and corporate executives. And Obama is right. American corporations and financial markets are in a mess becuase the executives don't really care about the corporation or its employees or its suppliers. All the executives care about are their stock options and buy-out clauses (i.e., golden parachute.) How in the world liberals attribute that to Bush amazes me!

Also, I love how you imply my comment had something to do with political affiliation or race. My concern with President Obama is that he is just like Bill Cllinton. Both men are absolutely excellent public speakers (and I meant that sincerely) supported by equally talented speech writers. Their speeches (the writing and showmanship) are wonderfully crafted so the casual observer will miss unpopular points, get excited about unimportant points, and go away feeling good. In simple terms, unpopular topics are mentioned briefly in soft tones while feel good topics are presented in excited tones with lots of animated hand gestures. Taking this back to my original comment. Obama spoke of people being free and getting what they want in an excited tone and pumped his fist in the air. Then, when he spoke of people like himself that choose labor and hard work over liesure he used a soft, caring tone. The people got worked up at the right time and, in their excitement, missed the key point that he is NOT going to give people as many handouts as believed. Same thing when he spoke of reviewing all the programs. High pitch, fist pumping statements about reviewing federal spending and ensuring more money makes it to the people followed by a quick comment about ending programs that he deemed unnecessary.
    Last edited by dawg1984; 01-21-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Whatever. Don't try to make his post be something it isn't. Frisco didn't say those people didn't have the right to boo him, just that it was in poor taste. BIG difference.
    I see. They have the right, but decorum demands that they never exercise it. You're right that is a big, BIG difference.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Your'e a George Bush apologist but you're calling me a dufus?? Go figure.
    I know Soonerdawg rather well, and I can assure you that he is no George Bush apologist. In fact, I don't know of anyone who catches any slack from him.

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

http://www.wjno.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=244038&article=4878923

Very classy folks at the end of the video. Thats change we can believe in!!

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    WOW! You gotta love liberals! Immediately go on the attack. Immediately blame anything bad on someone else.
    Ah, I didn't start this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Paint the ugliest picture possible without facts to support the claim.
    OK, here are the facts:

9/11: 2,974 people dead.
    Hurricane Katrina: 1,836 people dead.
    War on Terror: Over 4,000 US service members dead.
    Over 21,000 allied service members dead.
    Civilian deaths estimated in the hundreds of thousands.

Again, why would anyone boo that guy?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    I see. They have the right, but decorum demands that they never exercise it. You're right that is a big, BIG difference.
    Here's what I find funny about the situation. For at least the past week, if not longer, preceding the inauguration all the liberal talking heads as well as many Democrats started their damage control by making comments about how we should all respect the office of President whether we agree with the man who holds the office or not. The knew that nearly half of the country didn't vote for President Obama, and they knew how they treated former President Bush with disrespect when he held the office and was hoping to head off any such treatments to President Obama. Well what happened when fomer President Bush was introduced? Keep in mind at the time he was introduced, he was still the President of the United States. He was booed. I guess all those in attendance hadn't been reading the memos from their liberal leaders about respecting the office of the President. Or does that only apply now that President Obama is in office?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

You have the right to be an idiot and you are excercising that right. Congrats.

You have the right to cheer when a player on the opposing team is injured, but it would be in poor taste.
    You have the right to laugh at a funeral, but it would be in poor taste.

There is a time and place for everything. People need to show class. If I have to explain that to you....then, well I give up.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Here's what I find funny about the situation. For at least the past week, if not longer, preceding the inauguration all the liberal talking heads as well as many Democrats started their damage control by making comments about how we should all respect the office of President whether we agree with the man who holds the office or not. The knew that nearly half of the country didn't vote for President Obama, and they knew how they treated former President Bush with disrespect when he held the office and was hoping to head off any such treatments to President Obama. Well what happened when fomer President Bush was introduced? Keep in mind at the time he was introduced, he was still the President of the United States. He was booed. I guess all those in attendance hadn't been reading the memos from their liberal leaders about respecting the office of the President. Or does that only apply now that President Obama is in office?
    It only applies when it supports their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Bush brought freedom, and yes change and hope to 50,000,000 people.
    I see. So when the Iraqi journalist called him a dog and threw his shoes at Bush, he was expressing his gratitude? And when that journalist became a hero across the Middle East that was because everyone there is so grateful to Bush?

Ah, I didn't start this thread.

OK, here are the facts:

9/11: 2,974 people dead.
    Hurricane Katrina: 1,836 people dead.
    War on Terror: Over 4,000 US service members dead.
    Over 21,000 allied service members dead.
    Civilian deaths estimated in the hundreds of thousands.

Again, why would anyone boo that guy?
    When are you people going to quit blaming George Bush for Katrina? If the local government had done its job, and the local citizens had taken responsibility for themselves, no one would be talking about it to this day. Also, how can you blame him for the attacks on 9/11. Please tell me how that was his fault? And the war on terror: What would you have him do? Sit back and let them get stronger and bolder and make more devastating attacks on America? The casualties are product of war. Allied service member deaths should be blamed on their country leaders not ours. We couldn't make them join us. They did that on their own choice. I guess everytime I get diarrhea now, I can blame it on President Obama.

When are you people going to quit blaming George Bush for Katrina? If the local government had done its job, and the local citizens had taken responsibility for themselves, no one would be talking about it to this day. Also, how can you blame him for the attacks on 9/11. Please tell me how that was his fault? And the war on terror: What would you have him do? Sit back and let them get stronger and bolder and make more devastating attacks on America? The casualties are product of war. Allied service member deaths should be blamed on their country leaders not ours. We couldn't make them join us. They did that on their own choice. I guess everytime I get diarrhea now, I can blame it on President Obama.

And he started global warming / cooling (depending on which one is the hot topic).

That Katrina crap is laughable. People living off the the government for free, eating free, free everything, given busses to get out........and they chose to stay.......and Bush did it. Damn Bush, why did you not let me with the Powerball??/ What an ass!! BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

So I guess Bush bears no responsibility for the worst things that happened while he was in office? And that's a consistent position on your part, because when the Oklahoma bombing occurred no Republican ever criticized Clinton, right? Or is that different?

+ Reply to Thread