+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obama Administration May Put Hold on Offshore Drilling

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Obama Administration May Put Hold on Offshore Drilling

http://in.reuters.com/article/oilRpt...01046020090121

From Reuters News Service:

U.S. President Barack Obama may order a hold on a proposal issued in the final days of the Bush administration to expand offshore drilling in previously banned areas, an Interior Department official told Reuters on Wednesday.

Shortly after being sworn in on Tuesday, Obama ordered all federal agencies and departments to halt pending regulations until they can be reviewed by incoming staff.

An Interior official said the department is waiting for clarification from the White House on whether a proposed draft of a five-year plan to lease areas in the Atlantic and Pacific waters for oil and natural gas drilling can go forward.

The preliminary plan would authorize 31 energy exploration lease sales between 2010 and 2015 for tracts along the east coast and off the coasts of Alaska and California.

Both presidential and congressional bans on drilling in most U.S. waters ended last year.

Separately, the Interior official said the department's plan to develop oil shale fields in the western United States may also be stopped by Obama's order.

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Obama Administration May Put Hold on Offshore Drilling

He isnt putting a hold on offshore drilling. There's currently no drilling going on in any area affected by this order. He's putting a hold on Bush's order to open up previously banned area *for* drilling. See, you left the last word, "plan", off the article's headline, which makes it sound like Obama is going to shut down ALL offshore drilling. I'm sure that wasnt your intention at all.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    He isnt putting a hold on offshore drilling. There's currently no drilling going on in any area affected by this order. He's putting a hold on Bush's order to open up previously banned area *for* drilling. See, you left the last word, "plan", off the article's headline, which makes it sound like Obama is going to shut down ALL offshore drilling. I'm sure that wasnt your intention at all.
    I'm pretty sure that most of us knew exactly what he was talking about and that President Obama wasn't stopping current drilling. I don't understand you. I'm sure you're a nice guy and enjoy life in general. But when you get on here, you seem so full of hatred and seem to get so worked up that I wonder why you even get on here. If something got me as pissed off as it seems you get when you get on here, I'd stay away from it if I had the choice. I'm, seriously, worried about your health. This can't be good for you.

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm pretty sure that most of us knew exactly what he was talking about and that President Obama wasn't stopping current drilling. I don't understand you. I'm sure you're a nice guy and enjoy life in general. But when you get on here, you seem so full of hatred and seem to get so worked up that I wonder why you even get on here. If something got me as pissed off as it seems you get when you get on here, I'd stay away from it if I had the choice. I'm, seriously, worried about your health. This can't be good for you.
    Actually, I'm not really pissed off at all. There's just so many wingnuts on here, it's fun to be a wingnut coming from the opposite side.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Actually, I'm not really pissed off at all. There's just so many wingnuts on here, it's fun to be a wingnut coming from the opposite side.
    Well, good. I was seriously worried about you.

There are people on here who I'll have serious discussions with, but a lot of the times, it's more like when you flip through a tabloid at the supermarket- I know tyler's going to post something stupid at least once a day, and I want to see what it is. And other times it's like a trainwreck- when people actually start agreeing with the stupid things tyler posts, and I cant help myself from slowing down to look.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

There are people on here who I'll have serious discussions with, but a lot of the times, it's more like when you flip through a tabloid at the supermarket- I know tyler's going to post something stupid at least once a day, and I want to see what it is. And other times it's like a trainwreck- when people actually start agreeing with the stupid things tyler posts, and I cant help myself from slowing down to look.
    Why thanks DB2. You've made my day.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Obama Administration May Put Hold on Offshore Drilling

And well you should be!!! By his own admission, he is a 'left' wingnut, and you know how bad those are!

TD

+ Reply to Thread