+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 100-0 in Hoops

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

100-0 in Hoops

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.40d72ee.html

I can kind of relate to this story. My summer hoops team a couple of years ago trailed 38-0 at the half in a tourney in Texas. It was 41-0 in the opening minute of the 2nd half when we hit a three ending the shutout and the other team backed off a little. They were playing for a shutout and were in a full-court press up to the point we broke the press and finally got a shot to go down. They did not let up, but did back out of a full-court press. The final score of that game was 67-31, meaning we won the 2nd half! 31-29. Yippee! The crowd did not like the tactics of the other team and let them know it by cheering for us and booing them. We were over-matched, they were superior. But, we kept our dignity.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 100-0 in Hoops

I appreciate the team's apology, but where were their values when they scored 100 points?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I was on a team that lost 198-34 during my junior year in high school. I survived it. In my opinion, it only hurts the team pouring it on.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

The only year I played basketball, 8th grade, we never lost that bad, but I was one of the few unfortunate players who succumbed to the "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" chant that fans do to make you think time is running out. I launched a turnaround half court shout to try to beat the buzzer only to hear the gym fill will laughter and see that there was still a minute and a half left on the clock. One of the players asked the coach if he wanted to take me out, and the coach told him "No, he'll learn a bigger lesson by staying in." He was right. I learned that basketball wasn't my sport.

+ Reply to Thread