+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking about going to La Tech

Puppy A&M Iceman is an unknown

Question Thinking about going to La Tech

for grad school in Architecture. I really cant find any places apartments online and need some help when I go visit there this Friday.

Do you guys have an suggestions on apartments or houses for rent? walking distance to campus would be great!

Thanks for the help!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Thinking about going to La Tech

I can't help you with a place to live, but would like to welcome you to Tech.

We could use some of that Aggie spirit wearing royal blue!

Go Dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

Well, University Park is the apartment complex on campus, and they are currently building more apartments for it. University Crossing (http://www.universitycrossingapts.com/home.asp) is literally across the street from campus and was just constructed in the last year. Collegiate Station (http://www.collegiatestation.com/Ruston/ruston.htm) is a little further away, probably not walking distance, but still nice. Then, there are a few smaller apartment complexes around campus, within walking distance, on the East side of campus.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechME View Post
    Well, University Park is the apartment complex on campus, and they are currently building more apartments for it. University Crossing (http://www.universitycrossingapts.com/home.asp) is literally across the street from campus and was just constructed in the last year. Collegiate Station (http://www.collegiatestation.com/Ruston/ruston.htm) is a little further away, probably not walking distance, but still nice. Then, there are a few smaller apartment complexes around campus, within walking distance, on the East side of campus.
    Keep in mind that walking distance is a relative thing. What most who go to Tech wouldn't consider walking distance would be just a stone's throw at most other universities.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A&M Iceman View Post
    Do you guys have an suggestions on apartments or houses for rent? walking distance to campus would be great!
    There's always the old approach... Get there early on Friday and drive around the areas close to school, write down the phone #s off the apartment rental signs and call them Friday night to set up appointments to see them on Saturday.

Or start calling them now- http://www.yellowpages.com/Ruston-LA/Apartments

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Housing is really pretty easy in Ruston, especially if you give yourself time. A good place to start is the Ruston Leader's classifieds: http://www.rustonleader.com/classifieds.php You will see a few private listings there, and if you follow it for a couple of months you'll start to figure out who the rental agencies are.

One such agency that does a decent job of putting stuff on the web is Gilbert Realty: http://www.gilbertrentals.com/

The Hays Apartments people have a couple of apartment complexes and also a few duplex communities (which vary widely in quality, so be sure to check it out in person before agreeing to anything): http://haysapts.com/ Be aware that some of their properties are not in Ruston, but it is pretty easy to figure out.

If you are going to do the drive around and look thing, J.E. Barnes Realty (a Century 21 agency located downtown on N. Vienna [Hwy 167]) usually has a good selection of rentals, but I don't think they list them on their website, so you'd want to stop by the office in person to get a printout of what they have available: http://www.ebarnes.com/

That should get you started. Welcome to the Tech family!

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Tech has a very reputable architecture program. You would be making a great choice.

Puppy A&M Iceman is an unknown

Thanks for all the heads up guys i really appreciate it! Ya i like the architecture program for their design build with Habitat for humanity. Real interesting way to get your masters and help out people in the community. Again thanks for all the help on this. I am heading up there Friday and i just wanted to swing by some of these places to check them out.

oh and any recommendations on a place to eat for lunch/dinner out there?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Thanks for all the heads up guys i really appreciate it! Ya i like the architecture program for their design build with Habitat for humanity. Real interesting way to get your masters and help out people in the community. Again thanks for all the help on this. I am heading up there Friday and i just wanted to swing by some of these places to check them out.

Dowlings

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Blue Light for lunch. It's on arlington street behind California Ave.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Was in Ruston yesterday. Noticed they tore down the yellow house on Mississippi Ave. That was a historic landmark....I used to live there...just ask the Ruston police about the number of calls they got about wild parties there. Historic indeed!

+ Reply to Thread