+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: American Idol '09

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: American Idol '09

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Simon kissing his butt was too much. Sadly, Kris didn't do much better with it.
    The song sucked. I don't see how anybody could sing that song well. It sucked.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    The song sucked. I don't see how anybody could sing that song well. It sucked.
    After hearing Kris sing it I have to agree. I thought Paula Abdul was annoying, but the new chic is Abdul times 10 and if that's the best song she can write, they need to recheck her credentials to be a judge.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Kris did a great job with the first two songs. He might pull this out. Adam did well on the first song, went into his regular routine on the second. The third song was difficult for both. Adam carried out the range (the song was written for him, I am sure). Kris just couldn't muster up the vocals on the third.

Kris is more relevant in today's music. Adam has the most vocal ability. Simple as that. I am pulling for Kris.
    I highly doubt it, if you listened to the lyrics it was not for him. The song sucked really bad, it was very Disney-like regarding the lyrics. Vocally Kris had a lot of trouble on that last song...he encountered a lot of pitch problems going flat on many notes. Good thing that the judges refused to judge him on that, it was a horrible performance.

I think Kris will win. He appeals to people who listen to Top 40 radio...very Jason Maraz like. Teen girls love him. Well, I think Adam will be successful, probably will have one hit and then go the music theatre route. Danny, he'll be forgotten. I think he'll go back to his gospel praise band music gig. Allison, she'll be the big winner of this season's cast. She'll be the next Daughtry and sell the most records.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I highly doubt it, if you listened to the lyrics it was not for him. The song sucked really bad, it was very Disney-like regarding the lyrics. Vocally Kris had a lot of trouble on that last song...he encountered a lot of pitch problems going flat on many notes. Good thing that the judges refused to judge him on that, it was a horrible performance.

I think Kris will win. He appeals to people who listen to Top 40 radio...very Jason Maraz like. Teen girls love him. Well, I think Adam will be successful, probably will have one hit and then go the music theatre route. Danny, he'll be forgotten. I think he'll go back to his gospel praise band music gig. Allison, she'll be the big winner of this season's cast. She'll be the next Daughtry and sell the most records.
    I don't think we disagree on anything. I just stated that Adam has more range and, it was obvious to me, that the new song had him in mind. He didn't sound great with it, either, though.

I hope Kris wins. I think Adam has a future (but not sure in what yet). Allison will have a HUGE career. So, I think we are on the same page.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I don't think we disagree on anything. I just stated that Adam has more range and, it was obvious to me, that the new song had him in mind. He didn't sound great with it, either, though.

I hope Kris wins. I think Adam has a future (but not sure in what yet). Allison will have a HUGE career. So, I think we are on the same page.
    we are

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

dialidol.com is showing a slight edge to KRIS for the voting last night. It's still too close to call, but they do show him ahead based upon the number and frequency of busy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    dialidol.com is showing a slight edge to KRIS for the voting last night. It's still too close to call, but they do show him ahead based upon the number and frequency of busy lines.
    Yeah very close, I think Kris will win with the Text voting

The AT&T reps here in Little Rock were at the Kris Allen watching party downtown showing fans how to "power vote" via text msg. Apparently you can send 10 text msgs in 1 min.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

So, usually, the song that they sing on the last night is the first single to be released. If they release that song from last night for EITHER of them, it is going to be a disaster. I wonder if there is a way to get around that being the first single released.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I wouldn't waste my money on either of their albums regardless.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I gotta be honest that the only album that I've bought of any of the AI contestants is Daughtry's. On a side note, did anyone think that Carrie Underwood's version of Home Sweet Home sucked? I still like Motley Crue out of nostalgia for my high school years, but I think their version is infinitely better than what she sang last night.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    I gotta be honest that the only album that I've bought of any of the AI contestants is Daughtry's.
    Someone just brought that album into my office 5 minutes ago and I ridiculed them mercilessly.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Well that's because you're the BBB music snob.

Like you, I've played guitar for about 22 years now and I like all kinds of music as long as it's not pop. There's nothing about Daughtry that wows me, but I do think he has a distinctive voice and the songs are kind of catchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    Well that's because you're the BBB music snob.

Like you, I've played guitar for about 22 years now and I like all kinds of music as long as it's not pop. There's nothing about Daughtry that wows me, but I do think he has a distinctive voice and the songs are kind of catchy.
    You have played guitar much longer than me. I am a much better critic than musician. :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You have played guitar much longer than me.
    One of the few advantages of being old.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

SLASH should be waiting outside the theater door tonight with a contract for Adam as their lead singer---just leave the amount of money open & tell Adam to fill in the amount he wants. IMO, Adam was born to be the lead singer for a 70's style rockin' band & he will make a bucket-load of money doing just that! What a range he has! Probably surprises some of you that I am a huge Idol fan.

+ Reply to Thread